Sign in to follow this  
alswede

Red hammer mission grounded

In the grounded mission after stealing the truck you're suposed to go and get the chopper repaired and to pick up some soldiers.The problem is that when you're getting close to the landing point the game takes over the controls and doing it so poor that you crash with the repair truck.And theres nothing you can do about it!

Start all over again. sad.gif

Must be a badbug or something. Do anyone have any ideas of hove to solve this.any inf will be very appreciated.Bye for now.

Al

This bug seems to have come in in version 1.45/46. I've not played that mission myself since the patch but I've read in another post that you can avoid crashing if you come in high.

Don't know but it might be worth a shot.

Alright, went and tested it for myself. The game autosaves just before it kills you which is a stroke of luck as this may take a couple of attempts.

You say you crashed into the truck. I don't know about that, just that the helo tips over and explodes. What I did was as soon as the mission resumes hit enter and swith on auto-hover. That kept me upright and I was able to continue the mission fine.

Of course a damn Vulcan got me five minutes later.

Flett's idea sounds good. The way I've done it is to try to control the chopper even when the cutscene is running. I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but I held down 'Q' to ascend and pulled back on the stick to raise the nose. When the cutscene ended I was able to get control of it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (John C Flett @ Mar. 31 2002,10:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This bug seems to have come in in version 1.45/46. I've not played that mission myself since the patch but I've read in another post that you can avoid crashing if you come in high.

Don't know but it might be worth a shot.<span id='postcolor'>

Man, this is a frustrating one, and a disappointing glitch in an otherwise awesome campaign. I have tried all sorts of different approaches (high, autohover, low, etc.) and it still seems like after the cutscene, the helicopter is inverted and 10 feet off the ground!!  I'll try some of the suggestions outlined here.  I especialy like John's advice: "you can avoid crashing if you come in high".  Maybe that's my problem. I've been flying sober!  biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe that's my problem. I've been flying sober! <span id='postcolor'>

Ha ha! Good call. Had to read that twice to get it.

Okay, I came in wicked high and kept my finger on the "Up" key during the cutscene. When I got control back, my altitude was over 1200 (OFP units) and my speed was over 600! Nothing to crash into up there but the moon!

Now... moving on. Am I to understand that I'm supposed to take out 3+ armored vehicles using nothing but those lousy rockets, which have to be fired in Manual Mode? Ha!  Fat chance.  Anybody have any useful advice on winning this little skirmish?  confused.gif

Hi all

Be shure to take out the Vulcan first, then line them upp in front off you and hit fire as a madman while passing over them whith your nose down, fly low tounge.gif But don´t use upp too many rockets, save some for later wink.gif

biggrin.gif I finally made it.

After a few crashes something happend as after the cutscene I found myself 1500feets of the ground.After it was a sort of hard as well but be sure you'll take out the vulcans first and you be allright.

regards Al

I tend to find if you wrestle with the controls to get the chopper heding nose into ground and kill the engine, the damn thing levels out.

Once calmed down, start up the chopper and try to take out those 2 darn convoys which have vulcans in support. My advice to avoid this problem is to make your medic the gunner.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My advice to avoid this problem is to make your medic the gunner. <span id='postcolor'>

But isn't there something in the hypocratic oath about high explosive warheads?

I'll stick with manual fire for everything but the cannons. I find the AI is a little too free with the ammo.

mm anytime that cutscene has cut in my chopper has landed with no problem what soever ?

im using 1.46 and my heli is crashing also

saved just b4 landing zone and tried several times

finally managed to get passed it

confused.gif

I forced a SAVE before the crash the first time I played it and then I, too, continued on in mid-air, heading towards the convoy.

I think I'll skip trying to reproduce this problem. biggrin.gif