Sign in to follow this  
Helepolis989

Urban Patrol Script

Hey guys, im sorry i keep making threads, i am searching for answers but i cant ever find any. I have been trying to get the Urban Patrol Script working but i cant seem to get it. I put the .sqf file in my mission like all the others, and do the rectangle called "rahmadi" in the game. Then put in this init line.... nul=[this,"rahmadi","random"] execVM "ups.sqf"

and it is typed out exactly like this, and anytime i preview. all the guys just disappear, i dont know what is going on.

Thats not what i mean, i do the random. i start it and they are standing where i placed them. they disappear and never show back up. i have 6 big groups of men, just so i can see how it works..and they all disappear...except the BTR's and BMP's for some reason, and that is it. Everybody disappears and never shows back up, i waited for 20 minutes and nothing happened.

Witch one off the urban patrol script(s) do u use? the 1 for Arma 1 or the 1 for Arma2, and in witch game do u use it!

Post all details so we can help you further, what game,script+version,and the problem,

later

I went here to download it. http://kronzky.info/ups/index.htm I did everything it said and downloaded for arma 2 the 2.0.4 I just tried the thing again with around 20 groups, they seem to be patrolling now, but ALL the groups have made a line and are patroling in a 2 mile long line. Is that suppose to happen?

Edit: Ok guys thanks for the help, i got it working though. Not entirely sure what was wrong but it starting working after messing around with it, i do have one last question though about this script, is it possible to have two or more places they patrol. Like have a rectangle for 2-3 cities each.

Edited by Helepolis989

Are you sure the groups are actually separate groups? They are supposed to patrol separately even if they patrol the same marker. I'm not sure what the "random" parameter is (check the readme if you really want to know), but for starters just try without it, aka nul=[this,"rahmadi"] execVM "ups.sqf"