Sign in to follow this  
-=Firewall=-

better effect of vehicle camouflage

Hi,

I propose to increase the effect of vehicle camouflage in Arma2.

Right now, there is no or only a small effect of vehicle camouflage in cooperation with the radar you have got in tanks.

What do you think of the camouflage?

No idea what ur proposing here

Are u talking radar jamming or camouflage?

Have you tried the camo netting tents? I don't know if they have a viewblock component, and if it does whether the tents themselves are affiliated to any particular side. If they are, they'll have no effect :D but I remember adding my own viewblocks around a camo tent addon and it was very effective.

Edited by DMarkwick

Why have the tanks in the desert a desert camouflage, because a european camouflage would be a absurd.

Every vehicle has a camouflage coat, so that they are not so visible from distance. But the camouflage paint of vehicles dont seem to have any effect.

In Arma2 it wouldn'T make a difference to paint the tanks in red....

By the way, the radar of a tank in Arma2 is not very realistic...

Edited by -=Firewall=-

The radar is there as a make-do FLIR. Instead of getting actual working FLIR the radar kind'a simulates all the sensor systems in one package.

The camouflage is only as good as the person looking at it. Hide your vehicle in bushes and trees. If you're talking about other vehicles being able to lock on easily, it's a way to compensate for the game not having all the advanced targeting systems from real life.

In Arma2 it wouldn'T make a difference to paint the tanks in red....

Huh? Not always do you have access to hardware or "magical" radars. Getting to a staging area might involve avoiding vehicles enroute, engines running or not. I find the camo pattern pretty good actually. And there doesn't exist any such thing as a 'perfect' camo pattern either :)

Maybe against AI it doesnt matter if its red or camo'ed, but thats normal in most games. However against humans its a different story.

Your right, the behavior of the AI was my intention to ask. Perhaps some mods will add realistic behaviour.

There is a camouflage setting in the config which tells the AI how much the object is camouflaged, but this is always the same number so it doesnt change depending on the background.

So for the AI it doesnt matter if you walk around in pink trousers as long as the unit is configged with high camo.

EDIT: Though they would still show up on the radar, i thought there were other configsettings related to that but i cant remember.