Sign in to follow this  
Adjutant

OFP: CWC Multiplayer

Hi All

I have bought a copy of OFP:CWC. It seems to have all possible patches installed, but when I go into multiplayer all I see is an empty browser with join and host options.

Could someone help me, by telling me if there are any hosted servers and how to join them?

Thanks in advance

I don't think there are much of game servers for OFP: CWC anymore, if any. You should get the latest version of the game, OFP: Resistance. There's still tens of active game servers for it, even after all of these years.

What a strange response. So I bought this game just a few days ago and you are telling me to buy another game. Very unprofessional, why is a game sold if there are no active servers for it?

OFP: Resistance is the latest, updated version of the game. Of course the majority of the community tends to stick with the latest stuff. I can't help it. Either you need to live with the very few (if anything) servers that OFP: CWC multiplayer has to offer, or move on to what the majority of the community plays.

What a strange response. So I bought this game just a few days ago and you are telling me to buy another game. Very unprofessional, why is a game sold if there are no active servers for it?

OFP:CWC was released in 2001, OFP:Resistance is an expansion pack that was released several years later so it's not an entirely different game. I am surprised that you were able to buy a standalone copy of CWC. I thought all that was still available was the GOTY edition which combined CWC+Resistance+Red Hammer into one pack.

CWC+Resistance amazingly 8 years later still has quite a bit of activity. Many addons are still available thanks to people like Cervomix and Rellikki who run OFP.info.

Online MP games are still doing fairly well, however without the Resistance expansion pack I doubt you'll be able to take part in. I don't know what version you bought, but you'll wan't to patch the game to the latest version which is 1.46. There is no cumlulitive patch so it needs to be done in steps 1.20>>1.30>>1.46. (Assuming you have ver.1.0(1.1)). Patches are still available...see OFP.info or http://www.flashpoint1985.com/download_ofp2009.html .

When you get to the mutiplayer screen there are settings you need to make.

1. Address needs to be "Internet" not "LAN"

2. Implementation needs to be "Sockets" not "DirectPlay"

Make sure that your firewall allows OperationFlashpoint.exe full access to the internet.

Once this is set you should see some servers showing in the MP window of the game. Like I said without Resistance you may not be able to play. Every server currently shows that they are running 1.96 which is the latest version of Resistance. Try some and see is you can log on :cool:

Cheers for that Zulu. I bought version 1.46 so its the newest.

I guess there are a few servers available for OFP:CWC and I will follow your instructions.

EDIT: Will I have to buy Resistance 1.96, or is it possible to download it for free?

If you want MP play and all the addons and mods that are available you will need to get Resistance.

Resistance is more than just a couple addons and a campaign. It also updated the engine that OFP runs on which is why most folks got it.

You will probably struggle to find just the Resistance pack so get the GOTY edition. It contains everything, OFP, Resistance and the Red Hammer Campaign. Costs £4.99.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Operation-Flashpoint-Game-Year-PC/dp/B0007VHHBW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1253723995&sr=1-2

EDIT: Will I have to buy Resistance 1.96, or is it possible to download it for free?

The original release of Resistance was 1.75?? and had to be patched serveal times to get to 1.96.

I would do as my buddy Snafu suggests and just pick up the GOTY edition. You will not regret it. Us die hard OFP fans will never stop playing, there is just so much variety with all of the various addons and missions you never get bored with it.

Edit: Speaking of Snafu I forgot to mention him in my credits of the few people keeping OFP alive as he helped manage OpeationFlashpoint.filefront.com

Edited by Zulu1

hi,

As said before get the GOTY of ofp and if you want to play in MP we have a 60 slots server named "funhouse", we have pretty active missions makers and a lot of regulars playing everyday. If you want to play a good coop visit our homepage [LOL] clan homepage and become part of our community. Our servers run in Veteran mode (no respawns, no crosshairs, no HUD) with co-operative missions only. To ensure uninterrupted play please download the lastest [LOL] addons pack [LOL] addons pack. See you on the battlefield.

cya.

Nikiller.