Sign in to follow this  
emcnally

Problem with unit teleporting during gameplay using warfare and unit placment

two questions I could use some help with

1. I cant figure out how to make the units stay where I have placed them in the editor. I put them in one place and they all come up in game circled around the HQ,

2. After awhile in gameplay my player unit suddenly is teleported in the middle of the sea.

I'm using the following modules in the scenerio, "Not sure if that could effect it or not.

ACM, ALICE, WF, SOM, FA(BAttlefield Simultaion)

anyone have any ideas?

You are going to need to read and understand Warfare's hundred odd scripts before you attempt to create this kind of customized version. It's a lot of very messy code and its hugely bugged no matter how you use it.

To understand your current problem and what options you have there - do a search through Warfare's code looking for "sidePlacement".

Also, although this is just one of many issues you will face - consider that combining the ACM with Warfare is going to create problems where you are not going to get bounties for killing any ACM spawned units. FA is also going to cause you a huge list of problem like being unable to escape vehicles when you are wounded and causing problems with respawning and and losing your position as leader.

I would recommend saving yourself a lot of headaches and attempt to do the style of mission you want without involving the Warfare module. For example if you like buying and building stuff you only need to setup COIN for a mission. If you want to setup a 2 sided war it also doesn't need too much work for something simple. You could even look at using a background war simulation like the MasterMind scripts.

Thanks for your reply, Wow I'm at a loss now. I tried messing with coin, but couldnt get it working using what wiki shows. I also wanted to be able to capute the towns. I sure wish there were some good tutorials out there on how to do this stuff. I unpbo'd all the warfare andmission stuff in order to figure this out and thought I had until I started respwaning in the water.

I also wanted to be able to capture the towns.

You might look at triggers for accomplishing this. For example you setup two triggers over a town - one with "Seized by OPFOR" and another for "Seized by BLUFOR" which spawn different scripts to indicate a town was captured. Or you create a trigger that detects OPFOR and uses condition: "isserver && ("Man" countType thislist <= 2)" to see if most of OPFOR's troops are dead, etc.

To populate your towns you can just use something simple like a UPS script and a few squads.

As for making the AI attack towns that is a bit more complex, but you could look at combining some type of respawning AI scripts with conditional waypoints and such. For example calculate the nearest town from the enemy base and start moving Search and Destroy waypoints (use the setWaypointPosition command to move a preplaced "SAD" waypoint) over there until the AI detects the town is captured. Then repeat for the next closest town.

Check out the "US Support" thread for a working example of COIN. Actually you can use that script to setup a lot of what you need for a simple Warfare type mission, even if it's a bit amateur.

Edited by Binesi