Page 164 of 202 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 2011

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by da12thMonkey View Post
    By the time Orson contributed the Warrior to PR, there was nobody else left working at UKF to hand over any other projects.

Chris, Jeff, Messy, Ben and Swift were inactive for a good while before that - precisely why Orson looked elsewhere to get the WR finished... and whichever of his other models he might have wanted to see finished since (IIRC AS90, Pinzgauer and Viking were his other WIPs, but none were as developed as much as the WR).

If he'd carried on working on it with me, it still wouldn't be out at all: I'd probably have 'persuaded' him to start on all the newer TES(H) fittings as well.

Well that's a collaboration of Gods that can benefit the British Mods!

Let's hope so so more can be crossed off my wish list...

AS90
    Pinzgauer with L118 tow script
    BV206 with L118 tow script
    Viking
    Mastiff
    Wolfhound
    Ridgback
    Panther
    Husky
    Foxhound
    Warrior (correct version & all variants)
    Titan
    Trojan
    Buffalo
    ATMP (Amphibious & all variants)
    MAN Support Vehicles (BW Mod conversions?)
    Springer
    Coyote
    Tornado!

...Just a short wish list!

Supreme Emperor of Nigeria RKSL-Rock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankieboy2 View Post
    Let's hope so so more can be crossed off my wish list...
    Just a short reply...

AS90 - Don't have one but if you can get me some plans... Oh and some decent Chally refs....The nice thing about making tanks is no interiors = Quicker build time
    Pinzgauer with L118 tow script - Pinz = no real drama. The tow script in ArmA3 shouldn't be a problem with PhysX
    Viking & BV206 with L118 tow script - Again no real ambition to make on but if someone gets me some plans I might take a crack at it if someone wants to paint it.
    Mastiff - Have a chat with Cleggy
    Wolfhound - Have a chat with Cleggy
    Ridgback - Have a chat with Cleggy
    Panther - Not a problem.
    Husky - Have a chat with Cleggy
    Foxhound - Not a problem
    Warrior (correct version & all variants) - Working on it. Well some of them.
    Titan - Need refs etc but im not sure its worth it in terms of gameplay vs engine capability
    Trojan - Need refs etc but im not sure its worth it in terms of gameplay vs engine capability
    Buffalo - Need refs etc but im not sure its worth it in terms of gameplay vs engine capability
    ATMP (Amphibious & all variants) - Not a problem
    MAN Support Vehicles (BW Mod conversions?) - Cough, look in this thread COUGH, COUGH
    Springer - Not sure i can bring myself to make something that "cute"
    Coyote) - Not a problem
    Tornado! - Not a problem

Addons makers don’t get cash they get credit! Support them!
    RKSL Studios Website is BACK!! http://www.rkslstudios.info

No scorpion? I know someone who would love to have one.

Also, the site looks awesome, very well put together.

I whacked out a Trojan for VBS, the model was ok, UV mapped but I had about a day to do the textures, so they're unusable, not sure if its any use rock, give the pace of development and changes I seem to recall with relation to modeling standards, then I think its highly out of date now. I was more fond of my CRAAV, thats probably a better bit of work, shame it never got anywhere. Models are yours if you want them, but I can't imagine they're up to standard these days (not that they were due to dealines in the first place)

Website looks very tasty Rock, nice clean layout and lets the picture's do the talking

(p.s. Husky is my new Land Rover fetish. Have been collecting reference, but can't seem to bring myself to install O2 again)

Not to mention they suffer the same size/shape inaccuracies as the UKF Chally

I think Rock would do better from scratch, I have lots of photos if you're interested
    Quote Originally Posted by ***LeGeNDK1LLER*** View Post
    well you are 1 of the greatest examples that pressing the reply button doesn't mean necessarily answering.

Trojan probably does, think I whacked stuff on the base model, pretty sure I built the CRAAV from scratch, but can't for the life of me remember these days, but I wouldn't doubt that Rock could do better from scratch, a good few years ago now.

Hohum, back to the husky then.

Quote Originally Posted by Messiah View Post
    I whacked out a Trojan for VBS, the model was ok, UV mapped but I had about a day to do the textures, so they're unusable, not sure if its any use rock, give the pace of development and changes I seem to recall with relation to modeling standards, then I think its highly out of date now. I was more fond of my CRAAV, thats probably a better bit of work, shame it never got anywhere. Models are yours if you want them, but I can't imagine they're up to standard these days (not that they were due to dealines in the first place)

(p.s. Husky is my new Land Rover fetish. Have been collecting reference, but can't seem to bring myself to install O2 again)
    Good to see you on here Messiah. I am sure it would take you longer to install O2 than it would to bang out a Husky with your skill set! Wack a GPMG on it for a Tactical Support Vehicle and also do a ammunition and an ambulance version, You know you want to!
    Last edited by Tankieboy2; Mar 9 2012 at 12:26.

Yeah pretty much anything VBS2 standard needs a lot of work. Generating the normals etc means high poly modelling these days. At least if we're taking about trying to keep up with the latest "quality" addons.

Thanks for the offer, i could use them for reference but im not keen on porting anything we made for VBS no matter the clauses.

Website looks very tasty Rock, nice clean layout and lets the picture's do the talking
    Well there is an awful lot of text to generate. Converting all the documentation is killing me. Especially for the new stuff.

Its the Foxhound/Ocelot for me. Especially the WMIK-esque version Force Protection is touting. Its very nice and fits in well with my plans for ArmA3 + IAP.

---------- Post added at 14:05 ---------- Previous post was at 14:04 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DM View Post
    I think Rock would do better from scratch, I have lots of photos if you're interested
    Mark, yes please. I can give you an FTP to upload to if you want

I thought as much, but just thought I'd check, we're definitely taking about a few generations old material here.

Its the Foxhound/Ocelot for me. Especially the WMIK-esque version Force Protection is touting. Its very nice and fits in well with my plans for ArmA3 + IAP.
    Arrgghhh you right bastard, just had to look up the FP Ocelot... very tasty indeed. Ocelot is probably a safer bet than the Husky, as from what I can gather it's more future proof rather than being an UOR. I've been on the same train of thought, also following the ArmA 3 lead and planning to produce similar modern/future era british equipment, that and I was reading an article about the adaptive cloaking system BAE were working on, and whilst that prospect is a bit moot, their demo CV90 was something that could fit in nicely stylewise, and possibly be a credible future warrior replacement (if we're in the business of imagination):

anyway, I digress and dragging this a little off topic. I'll have to pick your brains at a later date, do plan on building a new rig again now that I'm settled once more, and getting my hands on A3 and the tools.

(p.s what tools are you using these days besides O2 for the usual config stuff? Should really aim to expand my horizons beyond in house program and Rhino )
    Last edited by Messiah; Mar 9 2012 at 13:35.

I thought as much, but just thought I'd check, we're definitely taking about a few generations old material here.
    Well i looked at converting my old VBS2 stuff a while back. I came to the conclusion that i'd be ashamed to release it into ArmA2 without significant work. When i tried i ended up remaking the entire model.

Arrgghhh you right bastard, just had to look up the FP Ocelot... very tasty indeed. Ocelot is probably a safer bet than the Husky, as from what I can gather it's more future proof rather than being an UOR.
    Well both will still probably be in use for the IAP timeline of 2019 to 2025. The thing i like about the Ocelot is the modular setup. Lots of nice possibilities.

I've been on the same train of thought, also following the ArmA 3 lead and planning to produce similar modern/future era british equipment...
    Well if you would like to team up and help flesh out the British faction I'm definitely up for it. I'm sure there a few others would be interested too.

... that and I was reading an article about the adaptive cloaking system BAE were working on, and whilst that prospect is a bit moot, their demo CV90 was something that could fit in nicely stylewise, and possibly be a credible future warrior replacement (if we're in the business of imagination):
    I've not really too interested in following the core ArmA3 story theme. I'd rather return to a less distant future and play with the next generation of military kit. I saw the same camo system a while back too. I was wondering if the Render-To-Texture system would work on it. But if its like the VBS2 setup it might be a tad too laggy.

As for the Future Warrior replacement isn't that going to be part of the FRES stuff? I know the Scout Variant is supposed to be the General Dynamic ASCOD. I thought the Warrior's replacement was going to be the Piranha V?

...anyway, I digress and dragging this a little off topic. I'll have to pick your brains at a later date, do plan on building a new rig again now that I'm settled once more, and getting my hands on A3 and the tools.
    Give me a nudge when you are ready I'll share what i have with you. No point duplicating work if we don't have to.

Page 164 of 202 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174 ... LastLast