Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

always love your work and would love to do textures but im only learning the basics and have trouble with it :(

love the re created typhoon pic where it pulls away and we see the belly full of bombs :D

makes me all emotional :P

The idea was to have special ammo crates for all the different types of shells/rockets/etc.

The idea came when I rearmed a helicopter at a ammo truck.

I thought it was pretty lame to have ALL types of ammo/bullets/shells/rockets/atomicbombs/gummibaerchen in ONE truck.

It would be interesting to bring a truckload of hellfire rockets to a helicopter base, drive back to your base an load the truck with tank shells which are needed in another base... etc.

Would add another realistic part to this "military simulator".

The others can still use the BIS ammo trucks. ;)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c8/MAN_10to_gl.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a2/MAN_10togl_Art_Treibladungen.jpg

MfG Lee :)

That's just counter productive for gameplay. In most cases you don't have enough players to run a full logistics simulation next to the combat simulation.

At the moment BIS themselfs are counter productive. ;)

I don't asked for a replacement addon.

When there is the possibility to transport 24 Hellfire with a truck doesn't mean you HAVE TO make it that way.

MfG Lee ;)

@Lee_H._Oswald

Still not sure what to do about that. The AttachTo command makes life easier all round, but that still looks surprisingly jittery in MP and would require a major re-write. Using proxies it's always going to be smooth and solid, but still needs to take advantages of the new commands and re-configure all the new vehicles and objects. So either path will take time, choosing the wrong one could be fatal.

The idea was to have special ammo crates for all the different types of shells/rockets/etc.

The idea came when I rearmed a helicopter at a ammo truck.

I thought it was pretty lame to have ALL types of ammo/bullets/shells/rockets/atomicbombs/gummibaerchen in ONE truck.

It would be interesting to bring a truckload of hellfire rockets to a helicopter base, drive back to your base an load the truck with tank shells which are needed in another base... etc.

Would add another realistic part to this "military simulator".

The others can still use the BIS ammo trucks.

The very first incarnation of the Cargo System was in OFP. I setup a dedicated Ammo box for the rapiers, that could be carried by a 5ton truck. The problem is, you then have to script the actions for rearming, otherwise you can't distinguish between the ammo types. But thats a lot simpler with Arma2.

That's just counter productive for gameplay. In most cases you don't have enough players to run a full logistics simulation next to the combat simulation.

I still intend to do exactly that, as the demo mission rksl-supplychain.Sara shows. But ideally it would be mainly controlled by the AI, with vehicles moving cargo along a supply chain. But anyone whose played Warfare knows this has its downside. AI vehicles bottle necking or crashing into other vehicles e.t.c...So we just have to come up with a solution to that.

If I have a transportable box and put 6 HE shells for a tank in it, put it on a truck, drive it near a tank and unload this box, can you rearm the tank at this box?

MfG Lee

Guest RKSL-Rock
What´s up with that Gripen in your sig, rock? :)

Keep up the great work!

It will be covered in next weeks update :D

Will there be a Gazelle light attack/support chopper? I miss it on the list and I would like to see it in ArmA 2 together with the Lynx. Would be nice to make the Blue Eagles Display Team preform tricks in ArmA 2. :)

I think RKSL aren't doing them as they are being phased out, although I could be wrong?

Guest RKSL-Rock
Will there be a Gazelle light attack/support chopper? I miss it on the list and I would like to see it in ArmA 2 together with the Lynx. Would be nice to make the Blue Eagles Display Team preform tricks in ArmA 2. :)

Nope there wont be any British Gazelles. They are being phased out of UK service and tbh they wouldnt be much use in game compared to the Lynx so i didnt bother making one.

Guest RKSL-Rock

OK, another cat our of the bag.

Planned as a counterpart to the EuroFighter and Mig-35, the Gripen was intended to give the "resistance" faction of ArmA1 a decent 4.5 Generation aircraft to fight with. But as with all plans, circumstances changed and the project got shelved. It wasnt until recently that i made the model after a request. Im rather proud of it as it turned out rather well even if i say so myself.

Gripen_wipforumsplash.jpg

RKSL Studios Project Page: SAAB JAS-39C Gripen

Looks fantastic. You're giving me a serious case of want-it-now-itis, damnit!

An awesome selection of very beautifully made models but how much of it is actually in danger of being released before an ArmA III? I'm a long time visitor to your site and admirer of your talent but in this context, being an ArmA 2 Work-in-Progress forum (as opposed to a general 3D appreciation site like Polycount) it frankly all leaves me a bit teased and bad-tempered. It's your prerogative to do as much or as little as you please and spread that around as many projects as you care to promote but if you've posted here looking for feedback on your work-in-progress, that's mine, great models though.

Nice work Rock, is that Gripen going to have changeable roundels?

This is a plane I really wanted in Arma2, you've made it really well! :D

Thanks.

Guest RKSL-Rock
An awesome selection of very beautifully made models but how much of it is actually in danger of being released before an ArmA III? I'm a long time visitor to your site and admirer of your talent but in this context, being an ArmA 2 Work-in-Progress forum (as opposed to a general 3D appreciation site like Polycount) it frankly all leaves me a bit teased and bad-tempered. It's your prerogative to do as much or as little as you please and spread that around as many projects as you care to promote but if you've posted here looking for feedback on your work-in-progress, that's mine, great models though.

You know, I cant win either way. :rolleyes: I don't post anything and people start saying we've "quit" and when i do we get "they will never release anything".

Well considering that everything you see on that first page is all in game and textured etc. All that remains for the majority to finish the artwork, which is easily achievable.

I have a target date in mind for 75% of the UK content assuming i dont get pissed off and walk away. As someone said last night "with all the grief round these fourms and [we are] surprised [we] stay and produce stuff etc." You can believe what you like, but I'd suggest taking an open minded approach. I know what the conspiracy theorists and rumour mongers are saying and they are full of shit. As usual

Nice work Rock, is that Gripen going to have changeable roundels?

No just the skins. Tbh its eaiser to manage than the old roundel system and we dont have to worry about silly section counts then either.

She's a cutie, Rock, nice job. Certainly nice to let OPFOR get their hands on some half decent kit. How does the AI do with her?

I notice the airbrakes deployed on a number of your pics, was that intentional or is it the old OFP airbrakes-always-appear-deployed-to-3rd-party bug?

Guest RKSL-Rock
She's a cutie, Rock, nice job. Certainly nice to let OPFOR get their hands on some half decent kit. How does the AI do with her?

I notice the airbrakes deployed on a number of your pics, was that intentional or is it the old OFP airbrakes-always-appear-deployed-to-3rd-party bug?

They are deployed because I was slowing down for the pics, to show that the model had airbrakes. They work in the same way as all BIS airbrakes work. Back off the throttle and below a certain threshold they deploy.

The AI love it, which is a bit of a pain when you are playing against it because they seem tend to do very well when flying it. So far they haven't flown it into the trees (yet) and it handles quite well in AA and AG so im confident its going to be a keeper.

Sweet. Short field (and public road) capability is a feature of the aircraft. Will yours do this?

gipencanardbrakes.jpg

Edited by Tankbuster

Im rather proud of it as it turned out rather well even if i say so myself.

Well you should be. You did an outstanding job!

Two questions: Do you want to keep the Swedish Air Force roundels? And will you put it in the Independent Side?