Sign in to follow this  
moricky

EW

forum_title.png

COMING OCTOBER 2009

Hello everyone,

I would like to inform you I'm working on unofficial single player mini-campaign for ARMA2. If you're familiar with my OFP missions, you know you can expect another story driven blockbuster full of surprising twists, special effects, heroic music and movie-like armosphere. And RAH-66 Comanche, of course.

Find out more on promo page:

http://ew.moricky.com/

promo_1_bi.jpg

Looking forward to this, so far we've had no extra campaigns as such!I appreciate the game hasnt been out long enough for people to have really taken the time to release a good one though :)

Ok you guys are spoiling me with all these awesome surprises...! More sleepless nites....:)

sounds great... but I thought the Commanche program was cancelled...

Not in my universe ;)

Someone woke up on the wrong side i guess... [EDIT]

:icon_rolleyes:

Lets keep this thread nice and not start yet another debate about how things should or should not be.

Edited by Alex72

Did you check out the website? If not, read the summary there. It's pretty obvious that this is an alternate world where the Commanche wasn't dropped and was critical to victory in many modern conflicts.

The Iraqis lost unimaginable numbers of SCUDs to these predators, Afghan field warlords supply lines of weapons and money were similarly disrupted, and North Korea lost the product of their nuclear program in pretty spectacular and embarassing way.

Yup, pretty obvious. ;)

Thank you for creating a campaign to go along with that awesome choppah ! :D

Your campaign needs an intro video like mine!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQH8ycuD4iA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQH8ycuD4iA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Edited by Drew

In Gaia's* case, I wouldn't worry about the cutscenes in the campaign (later referenced as a 'mission' for my lack of short-term memory). To be honest, I am quite amazed by his ability to deliver high quality missions time after time. To be even more honest, I am even more amazed by the fact that this is his third mission with approximately the same storyline and possibly gameplay, which, although great, is getting repetitive. I mean, the first thing I thought was "Again? Really?". Don't get me wrong, I liked those missions, but it's like he doesn't want to find out what even greater things he can do. I have a dream that one day, he'll make a blockbuster mission without mentioning a third world war or RAH-66 Comanche. Ladies and gentlemen, I have a dream today.

*It's weird, this guy uses so many nicknames that I find it difficult to remember which to use where. Nevermind.

And now for something completely different. A long time ago (read : "when OFP was released") in a distant foreign country (read : "the Czech Republic"), there was a wise man who created an OFP discussion forum, a truly holy place, a czech OFP Mecca of sorts. Long story short and all that crap aside, we like to make fun of Gaia there. Behold!

karlik3.jpg

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/1116/karlik3.jpg

EDIT: Link added below the image to compensate the failure of the image to show here. Maybe imageshack problem, we'll never know.

Now to answer all the upcoming questions...

Q: Is it true that this post is not meant to include any ill will?

A: It sure is.

Q: Is it true that you checked the image filesize three times to make sure it's not over 100kB?

Q: Is it true that you don't have any idea about Penny Arcade copyright laws and that you would be willing to delete that image when confronted by court, or worse, BI forum moderator?

Q: Is it true that despite obviously having several complexes, despite your apparent lack of respect and despite all the things said, you're gonna eagerly await the mission?

Q: Have you ever met Gaia in person? Does he really smell like chocolate and ambrosia? Does grass grow under his steps?

A: Yes, yes and yes.

Edited by Hurby

Third time? Sorry, ive just been playing BIS games since ArmA 1, i am missing something?

He made a mission called When The World Ends for OFP, which also followed a similar storyline. I can't recall there ever being another one, though.

That's what They WANT you to think.... ;) :D

Hmmmm think you could use that Commanche to recreate a modern version of the old megadrive classic "Jungle strike" too? :D *goes off into nostalgic dreamworld :p *

Just to clarify, the two previous missions are When The World Ends (WTWE) and Rozsévání ohně, which I don't recall being released in English. He released it (not really sure?) at the aforementioned czech OFP Mecca.

Is it the World End Tale? I just found that when looking on his website. Even if it's not fully translated I've actually downloaded it along with the WTWE addons and am going to reinstall OFP just to try it. :eek:

I read about this just as a blurb in a thread, had no idea what it really meant! Holy Cow, waiting on pins and needles!