41km Desert Terrain by Gnat
Before I waste too much time on it, wanted to get some feedback on some specific questions.
- 5 airbases generally layed out in corners and 1 center
- No water
- Terrain is 41km x 41km at 100m to 1000m
- Its a huge area, best for air operations, not really meant for foot or wheeled/tracked
- No towns or other (yet)
- No roads
- More designed to strategic missions, CTI, warefare or Dynamic missions etc
- Infinite terrain works well
- I will give plains, ridges and peaks specific names
Five Airbase: is that OK?
Didn't think any of the ArmA2 vegitation suited the terrain, so I'm only going to use Clutter. Anyone think of any plants that might suit the terrain?
No specific towns, industrial areas or landmarks. Was thinking I'd leave it to mission makers to add "targets". Could use "templates" to generate towns or villages etc. Problem?
Simple landmarks: Was thinking I might at a few small random landmarks like a few of the big lattic radio towers on mountain peaks (not the big TV tower, probably). Problem?
No roads, mainly because its a huge map and no landmarks except airbases, so there seems little point. Thoughts?
Rocks: Adding them will be a problem on such a huge landscape, and they will reduce/kill the very nice FPS its got now. I could add a few "clumps" here and there, but not sure their real worth. Thoughts?
As I'm away for work for a month ....
SANDS - BETA 0.1
Armed Assualt dot Info LINK
Also includes a very rushed crCTI Warefare (last tweaked prior by Squeeze) to suit.
Air transport added to start, along with cheap Aircraft
God knows its probably badly unbalanced