Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Island Panthera for ArmA 2

Leaf: I'm honored that you registered just to report that :) thank you! Be sure to check out Duala, too.

RELEASED: Evolution Panthera unmodded

- only requires latest Panthera 2.6

- includes missions and objectives in the new desert area around Zappado

- includes assassination mission in the mountains via secret ski-lift

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1600299#post1600299

scroll to third post down for link and description of UNMODDED version, though you will get all of our Evolutions in the mappack zip file...

ENJOY

FOR ALL THOSE WHO HAVE THE NO GRASS PROBLEM

I encounterd that problem for me too. Downloading the latest ibr_plants.pbo didn´t changed anything. I recognized that the problem occurs when i play missions in which the setterraingrid 50; in the init.sqf was set. I removed this line and the grass appeared in these missions also. So maybe this works for you, too. I didn´t tried to set this variable to another number ("setterraingrid 25;" for example), maybe this works, too.

Edited by MadMike[Brig2010]

I'm fairly sure "setterraingrid" is basically the equivalent of "terrain detail" for missionmakers...

so "setterraingrid=50" means "terrain detail low (no grass)... the default setting in Domination, for example... other possible values are "25" and "12", and possibly "6", though I'm guessing there...

B

in evolution we use this menu function for the server host

in init

grasslevel = paramsArray select 3;
if (grasslevel == 0) then {setTerrainGrid 50};
if (grasslevel == 1) then {setTerrainGrid 25};
if (grasslevel == 2) then {setTerrainGrid 12.5};
if (grasslevel == 3) then {setTerrainGrid 6.25};
if (grasslevel == 4) then {setTerrainGrid 3.125};

in description

class Params
{
     class Grass
     {
     //paramsArray[3]
             title = "Grass";
             values[] = {0,1,2,3,4};
             texts[] = {"No Grass", "Default MP", "Default SP", "More", "Max"};
             default = 1;
};

clients can access this through pressing T and selecting options and using the slider I made to move the setting from 1 to 5. One slight bug, you have to then select another menu tab before closing the window or the new value is not stored.

I always make it fixed to "25" in init since I consider tweaking grass on a client same as a cheat.

Finally got to play this online today. Great island, looks fantastic.

Thanks for the hard work:cool:

I still do not see the new update in six updater.. Since I use six updater items only in our linux server for ease of updating, any ETA on when it will be updated there?

I've got a problem with this island, when I try to load it in ArmA II it just exits the entire game. All other maps work though, it's the 2.6 version which won't work, any idea's?

Arma-2-Guru: try disabling @Duala, does it work then?

Currently these two islands of mine are not compatible, but I'm releasing v1.6 of Duala soon to fix that.

we have duala and panthera in the same folder, and overwrote the ibr_plants and ibr_rn files when uploading the new panthera. works fine.

ok the problem is simple it seems

Warning Message: Cannot open object ibr\ibr_plants\clutter_grass_flowers.p3d

so i assume this file is missing for Panthera ...

yeah so arma2guru is probably loading the olderduala plants file after the panthera one - best bet is to put the panthera addons into the duala addons andoverwrite the older duala pbos

Duala v1.6 is coming today to fix these compatibility issues.

Wrong thread to begin with and it will be released when he's ready to do so.

Bit of a bug If we use the UPS scripting on Panthera at the finish it always says "can not find the UPS.sqf" it is in mission so God knows. This don't happen on Duala or other maps.

Any one know if there is there a fix for this. clan server won't accept missions with this bug.:butbut:

Edited by jgaz-uk

Hopefully one of the mods will change it to "Island Panthera" only.

Bit of a bug If we use the UPS scripting on Panthera at the finish it always says "can not find the UPS.sqf" it is in mission so God knows. This don't happen on Duala or other maps.

Any one know if there is there a fix for this. clan server won't accept missions with this bug.:butbut:

evolution panthera has the same problem - on exit it reports cannot find script createcarrier.sqf even though the script is clearly called and runs because we use the carrier in the game...

This bug will most probably disappear with the new version, along with working ladders and stuff like that. Couple of guys are helping me get rid of the bugs (inc. Duala and Jade Groove beta), so expect updates soon.

I have this problem not just with panthera. I think it's the game trying to find a mission script when "running" the island as the background in the main menu, but since the mission is over it can't find the script anymore. Probably wouldn't cause any issues as it's just the background in the main menu. At least that's my guess ;)

ah makes sense. i run mine with worldempty i wonder if that makes a difference?

Not really, since world=empty only has an effect when you initially launch the game and unfortunately seems to be ignored when you go back to the main menu after playing a mission.