Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Island Panthera for ArmA 2

Looks great man. Ready for some combat on the new Panthera.

I'm looking for a serious team to join our testing of Panthera 2.8 this THURSDAY at 2130 CET (2030 UK time). PM me or skype me. There is only enough room for one team, as its a coop mission with a twist. We'll be fighting on Maleficio, our sixupdater pack will be required.

Awesome, glad to see your back working on this. I'm sure your skill has grown since first releasing this island. I actually thought the town in near the center (with only northeast access), made for some interesting options. I have a mission with blockades on the only three accesses to that valley. One was in a narrow valley, IMO hope this stays. I've looked everywhere for something similar, can't find it.

But, I will enjoy whatever you decide to do. Your maps are the best! Thanks for all your work.

Thanks to SBP & L.A.M.B.S. teams for testing the map, and again sorry for that annoying Recieving bug (damn engine makes a panic when mipmaps don't load on a tiny 128x128 texture hehe).

Bugs were reported nicely so I'll release a polished out v2.9 in a day or two! Thanks.

Nice! Cant wait. On a side note, I shot a short 3D video of a Bomb Raid on a German airfield using Panthera and I44. I actually did this in July and never released it. If you have 3D glasses it look really cool, watch in HD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l7ccwyISa8

Thx for the "preview" /test Icebreakr.

After flying around and enjoying the scenery i came across two things that you might want some feedback on.

1. On the airfield close to Kobarid there is a lot of grass on the runway.

2. Given the great waterways on Panthera, i just noticed that the bridge at Lancovo and Bled are blocking the waterway so that one cannot use the full potential of the those rivers with boats etc.

Not sure if this by intent, but i would love to see all waterways usable with boats so my "spec op" team can infil from the sea and deep into enemy territory ;)

Sjaba...

p.s Merry Christmas all :)

Tnx Sjaba, that is already fixed for the release. Coming soon...

panthera29_promoshot_100kb.jpg

v2.9 changelog:

- fixed mountain heights, smoothened out terrain

- added Maleficio island on NW

- new town of Arnoldstein (based on another RL town from Cyprus, but it has nothing to do with Austrian Arnoldstein btw)

- Drulovka Army depot based on 1:1 size located in RL Slovenia, near Kranj

- tweaked satellite map data

- added roads and airports to the satellite map

- updated Soca River banks

- added rock formations to major mountains and hills

- fixes some trees to be more summer-like

- new bridges

- added a developer place (small island) on SW

- new forest optimizations, bushes and rocks offer more cover now

- various bugfixes

Release package (167 MB) sent to ArmedAssault.info and Armaholic. Stay tuned... if you can set up a mirror, let me know.

http://www.icebreakr.info

Edited by IceBreakr

Yes! The legend continues, thanks IB

Edited by dcal

Thank you for the new update IceBreakr, can't wait to test it. It's my favourite island but unfortunately there are few missions for it.

You said you was going to release a Mission Pack with the new version. I would be very grateful if you post a link. I'm dying for it! :-)

Thank you!

I've always wanted a camp on this island.

Maybe, when OFrP 3.2 is out, I'll update my other campaigns and missions then Create a new one on this island.

Thanks for the update, this is fantastic news :)

While driving around on Maleficio, not sure if it's a feature or bug, but I found a couple trees in the road at 0259-0123. My pickup has no trouble smashing them down though :cool:

panthera_trees.jpg

Edited by AZCoder
Trees in Road

Had a little flight on Panthera and found this little funny thing.

This was found when trying in editor and only placed object was me in my littlebird. I tried reproducing but never found it again. However when i flew around it it sometimes also disaperd the first time, which makes me belive it might be there as a bug ??

arma2oa2012122821320570.jpg

Probably a mod creating an empty vehicle for init purposes. Before reporting a bug, you should always revert to vanilla as your first action on.

Yeah most likly, so i did not want to report it as a confirmed bug either ;) just a note in case there in fact was something there.

Awesome island...but, I am getting really messed up shadows from some of the buildings.