Sign in to follow this  
ricnunes

Analog Throttle and Brakes are ridiculous! BIS, Please change this!

Ok, after some extensive Analoge Throttle and Analoge Brakes testing I concluded that their implementation is simply RIDICULOUS (so ridiculous that I reverted to the "old" digital throttle). Why are those Analoge Throttle and Brakes axis ridiculous? I'll explain:

- First the Analoge Throttle. When setting the analoge throttle in my joystick throttle controls (BTW, my joystick is a Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar) the aircraft only starts to accelerate when I set my throttle control to more than 50% (it should start accelerating from the begining onward or just after 0% throttle).

- Secondly the ANALOG (air) brake control. BIS, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?? Airplanes don't have analog AIR BRAKES!! Real life airplanes usually have a switch that sets the air brake to extended ("ON") or to retracted ("OFF"). The principle of air brake command in aircraft is very similar to for example the landing gear. This means that IN REAL LIFE air brakes are DIGITAL controls (not analog like you from BIS implemented in ArmA2 version 1.03). BIS, please reserch a bit more about aircraft (or other systems) when you which to implement new controls/stuff.

Please keep in mind that aircraft Air brakes don't work like automobile brakes, the later ones are in fact analog but curiously the automobile in ArmA2 are digital (when the aircraft ones are now ANALOG). Jezzz, BIS! :j:

It seems to me that BIS confused automobile throttle and brakes with aircraft throttle and brakes. BIS this latest implementation of your is only real for automobiles - Please implement with them instead!!

Resuming:

- The analog throttle control should work with all the throttle axis and don't with only half of it!

- The analog air brake control should be a button or digital one!

- Automobile brakes are the ones that MUST be Analog (as their throttle).

Please implement this in your next patch...

Edited by ricnunes

Please remove auto-rudder and autothrottle all together on any plane or heli.. Its not needed and is completely utterly crap.

+1, Throttle and air brake setup is crap.

Please BIS just play Flight Simulator for 30 minutes and see how it needs to be done! Also check out the helicopters in there, becuase you can actually use analog controls for the collector in FSX.

+3 for all three of my ARMA stations. We would all like to have the proper aircraft controls.

I think they implemented them this way because the AI needs to use them as well. That being said, I agree with the OP.

-Please use the full stroke of the throttle for thrust in fixedwing applications, glide at 0%, digital air and wheel brakes (coasting to a stop in the ground as it is now).

-Please retain the 50/50 for use on the collective of helos (inverted if possible).

+1

While I was glad to see BI at least made some effort, it didn't quite cut it.

There really needs to be a "fully functional" (ie: 100%) throttle w/ seperate brakes.

And if you really want to get it right, there should be a completely independant/seperate config for helos AND aircraft (none of this "lets bind everything together" crap). It really gets old having to go into options and manually change all my controller setting/binds when I want to swap from ac to helo or back.

i have no idea what any of you are talking about but i have come to the conclusion that some of you need to experience sunlight once in a while.

I think they implemented them this way because the AI needs to use them as well. That being said, I agree with the OP.

Would they not just devise a system that splits controls for players and ai?

Anyways, I really want to see 0-100% throttle and separate brake binds with 'on' or 'off' toggle.

-Please retain the 50/50 for use on the collective of helos (inverted if possible).

Why? Collective should be the same as the throttle on a plane. 0-100%