ARMA 2 PATCH 1.04
Copyright (c) 2009 Bohemia Interactive. All rights reserved.
- ANY ORIGINAL VERSION OF ARMA 2 from 1.00 to 1.03 other than the Steam version, Steam users should use the auto updating feature instead (their game will not be playable if they apply this patch until they recover it again from Steam)
- DirectX 9 March 2009 is required and should be updated during the patching process automatically as needed or you can update your version of DirectX from www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/
IMPORTANT: This patch doesn't work with STEAM version. Use steam auto update feature instead if you own Steam version!
HOW TO INSTALL THE PATCH:
- Run the patch exe to apply the patch setup automatically.
- It will install all content of the patch to the folder with your ArmA 2 installation (default is C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 or Bohemia Interactive\ArmA2).
- Please note that it is not possible to rollback to a previous version after the installation of this patch, only a full reinstall of the game is possible, if you want to keep your previous version you may want to backup the entire game installation folder before applying this patch.
- It is not recommended to use any savegames created in versions 1.00 or 1.01, if you use a savegame from 1.03 some of the fixes may not apply to that game in progress until the beginning of a new mission.
VERSION 1.04 HIGHLIGHTS
* Mouse controls: Improved mouse handling and responsivness
* Stability: Fixed CTD caused by Voice Over Net when many players were speaking simultaneously and other stability problems
* Sound: Fixed speed of sould simulation and other improvements
* Multiplayer: fixed scoring, multiple mission parameters added and various other MP-related improvements
* New: Added mouse smoothing to game options.
* New: Enabled multiple parameters for MP missions.
* New: Mouse filtering strenght adjustable using mouseSmoothing=NNNN in user config.
* New: Command line argument -cpuCount=NNN to override cpu count detection.
* Improved: Mouse smoothing disabled for fast movement.
* Improved: Mouse smoothing can be disabled in user profile file using line mouseSmoothing=0;
* Improved: Audio volume settings.
* Fixed: Soldier were walking on non-existant heaps of debris from destroyed buildings.
* Fixed: Autocoordination caused rudder oscillation in high speed flight.
* Fixed: Crashes in VoN when many players were speaking simultaneously.
* Fixed: Immortal freezed soldiers occured in MP.
* Fixed: Broken kill scoring in MP (two points for unit kill).
* Fixed: Input key actions are no longer active while chat mode.
* Fixed: Diag_log used with long text argument caused crash.
* Fixed: Mouse scrolling in diary.
* Fixed: Enemy kills made by player using stolen enemy vehicle are no longer considered as friendly kills.
* Fixed: Switching to Utes from Chernarus caused Utes to contain infinite landscape.
* Fixed: Time of day synchronized on client after connection to server.
* Fixed: Speed of sound simulation.
* Fixed: Fire from rifle distort sound.
* Fixed: Crash by malformed input to a diag_log scripting function.
* Fixed: Dark muzzle flash in some of the weapon optics.
* Fixed: MP: Ships and boats used excessive bandwidth and CPU power.
* Fixed: Players are no longer forced to reconnect after MP Load on server.
* Fixed: Bike rider can be no longer healed.
* Fixed: Sometimes crew of a near vehicle was visible through the vehicle.
* Improved: Communication menu updated to work with the new menu systems.
* Fixed: Some persistent RE calls added for better JIP compatibility in campaign.
* Fixed: Music was sometimes not playing properly due to faulty playMusic RE command call.
* Fixed: Scene area cleared from exploding destroyed vehicles during various scenes.
* Fixed: Possible appearance of immortal non-player characters in campaign.
* Fixed: (First to Fight) MP: Logos shown on client every time after JIP.
* Fixed: (First to Fight) MP: Skeet shooting not working for clients after JIP.
* Fixed: (First to Fight) Players not boarded in the chopper if they got in the towing tractor.
* Fixed: (Into the Storm) MP: Bad position of client players during converation.
* Fixed: (Into the Storm) Some voice-subtitles difference in the first dialog.
* Fixed: (Into the Storm) MP: No callsign for HQ entity on clients.
* Fixed: (One Week Later) MP: Clients not sitting on bikes after leaving the AAV.
* Fixed: (One Week Later) MP: Player is no longer the co-pilot in the Osprey.
* Fixed: (Manhattan) Escort chopper often shot down.
* Fixed: (Manhattan) Palyer stuck in the animation after first scene.
* Fixed: (Badlands) Prizrak no longer initiates conversation if Cooper is in a vehicle.
* Fixed: (Badlands) Non-fucntional ending in campaign scenario.
* Fixed: (Missing in Action) Redundant random sentences from Razor.
* Improved: Ambient Civilians module caused lag in MP due to window lights.
* Fixed: Undefined variables in Ambient Civilians module.
* Fixed: High Command could behave strange when someone added his own display event handler.
* Fixed: Wrong positions of objects/logics.
* Fixed: Performance problems related to Animals module in MP.
* Improved: Some of the vehicle HUDs now contain missing info.
* Fixed: Alignment issues on several wrapper UI screens.
* Major AI tweaking and balancing (especially AI infantry can hear much less)
* Improved multiplayer and cooperative campaign (saving games, connection issues)
* Numerous fixes and improvements in the Harvest Red campaign
* New: Functions getPosATL and setPosATL to allow controlling position relative to terrain.
* New: command line option -showScriptErrors introduced to show errors in scripts on-screen
* New: Direct analogue throttle and brake for airplanes now available.
* New: More flexible configuration of Flares in the config (brightness, size)
* New: Mission name (with * indicated unsaved work) displayed in the mission editor
* New: Keyboard shortcuts in the mission editor
* Improved: better handling of gravitation for shots (esp. for grenades)
* Improved: Building destruction
* Improved: Better airplane HUD visibility both night and day
* Optimization: Reduced frame stutter near map borders.
* Hotfix: Players are forced to reconnect after MP Load on server.
* Fixed: no particles effect when hit object with destructNo
* Fixed: grenade could destroy a building just by impact
* Fixed: grenades may explode only on the final impact
* Fixed: when a grenade bounces on a ship deck, the proper particle effects is shown now
* Fixed: missiles should pass through vegetation
* Fixed: Player connected to loaded game was sometimes frozen.
* Fixed: Game crashed when launched on a system with more then 8 CPUs/cores.
* Fixed: Possible crash with laser designator active.
* Fixed: Sometimes crew of a close vehicle was visible through the vehicle.
* Fixed: Infinite looping of commands 'Stop' in radio.
* Fixed: Leaning 'limits' do not work in TrackIR.
* Fixed: Clients were often endlessly stuck in 'Receiving...' window after MP Load.
* Fixed: Rainbow could be visible even with sun below horizon.
* Fixed: 3D Editor - civilian and resistance units did not work correctly
* Fixed: Sea surface was not rendered in NE area out of map.
* Fixed: Terrain surface was sometimes using wrong parallax map.
* Fixed: Grenade could sometimes destroy a building just by impact
* Fixed: Radio messages sometimes echoed
* Fixed: Team switch did not work when player died
* Fixed: Reduced AI detecting slowly moving enemy vehicles by ear.
* Fixed: Prevent killed AI units reporting who killed them.
* Fixed: After respawn in MP, player's tasks, diary content and skills are transferred to the new entity
* Fixed: Leaning 'limits' did not work with TrackIR
* Fixed: MP client frozen in Receiving... screen sometimes
* Fixed: Problems with saving and loading games in cooperative campaign
* Fixes and improvements in most of the campaign missions (Into the Storm, Harvest Red, Bitter Chill, Manhattan, Badlands, Dogs of War)
* Improved: autosave logic to not save when it was not safe
* Improved: Eye for an Eye in Scenarios
* Fixed: Warfare fast travel on clients was not using logistic values
* Fixed: Warfare money sending
* Fixed: Warfare HQ multiple reports
* Fixed: First-Aid: Action module caused healing scripts to run twice
* Fixed: Supply drop not ending (wrong vehicle class)
* New: First-Aid modules work with respawn
* New: First-Aid ability to stop healing
* New: Added ability to add Support Requests that do not expire.
* Improved: First-Aid modules more robust and faster
* Improved: Better support for side Resistance in SOM / ACM.
* Fixed: Invisible driver in UAZ (MG and GL)
* Fixed: AI soldiers were able to hear extremely well
* Fixed: various minor problems on buildings
* Fixed: rocks destruction effect changed
* Fixed: penetrability of some vegetation
* Fixed: collision geometry of A_BuildingWIP
* Fixed: react FSM core conversations
* Fixed: cargo animations in LAV25
* Fixed: indicators in Ka52 when using NVG
* Fixed: cargo animations in BTR
* Fixed: Warfare keypoint on Chernarus
VERSION 1.02 HIGHLIGHTS
* Improved AI driving skills
* Lowered enemy AI skills for regular and recruit difficulty levels
* Improved Micro AI tactics, attack in pairs, path limiting to avoid passing through walls.
* Fixed multiplayer session NAT negotiation
* Improved game stability (various crash opportunities fixed)
* Multiple save slots supported
* Improved terrain shape beyond map borders
* Various campaign and localization fixes and improvements
* Modules (F7) support added in the Mission Editor
* Multiple savegame positions allowed.
* Configuration fixes in radio protocol (including faster reaction to crew-related orders in vehicles).
* Multiplayer server browser enlarged.
* Improved steering for car.
* Improved mobile artillery simulation.
* Improved terrain shape beyond map borders.
* Improved Micro AI tactics, attack in pairs, path limiting to avoid passing through walls.
* Added UAV camera stabilization.
* Indication of player connection status in list of players (Diary).
* Possible to connect to server with template-based MP scenario.
* Repeated weapon change command fixed in radio protocol.
* Game no longer crashes when copying the linked trigger in the Mission Editor.
* Different radio notification of multiple units attacking.
* NAT negotiation issue removed (different negative sign cookie on client and server).
* Fixed possible crash after or during Get In in multiplayer.
* Improved transfer of building destruction in multiplayer.
* Fine surface information are now properly used for surface properties.
* Destroyed targets are no more massively reported after player has left the vehicle.
* Proper update of AI pathfinding when new building is created in the landscape (new objects were ignored).
* VON no longer crashes the game on certain circumstances.
* AI sprinting on a spot removed if route was planned across the roof.
* Server shown as passworded in Server Browser when passworded or locked.
* Improved functionality of Get In command if player is vehicle commander.
* Swimming soldiers no longer drop inventory items.
* Swimming players cannot use Gear dialog.
* New scripting function "GetPlayerId unit" available to help server admins better recognize teamKillers etc.
* Fillrate optimization in Video Options is now defined via combo box.
* Improved light count optimization (should help performance when many distant lights are present).
* Low-frequency effect (subwoofer) improved.
* Added or fixed markers in pre-mission briefings in various scenarios.
* "Eye for Eye" singleplayer scenario: Hostiles balanced and loadouts of playable units fixed.
* "Counterattack" singleplayer scenario: Flow fix, player's group now properly advance from the harbor if strong enough to continue.
* "Trial by Fire" script error fixed.
* Campaign: Time flow screen added to scenario intros.
* Campaign: "Murder" mission ends are now triggered also when firing from a vehicle.
* Campaign: Multiplayer info for all campaign scenarios added.
* Campaign: Scene-specific sound entities are deleted after end of a scene.
* "First to Fight" campaign scenario:
* Shooting range bug fixed.
* Officer's speech has titles added.
* "First to Fight" campaign scenario: O'Hara animation speed fixed.
* "Into the Storm" campaign scenario: Conditions of interaction with civilians improved.
* "Razor Two" campaign scenario:
* Mission-failed end now performs correctly.
* Razor members cannot use UAV during conversations.
* "One Week Later" campaign interlude: Conversation more logical.
* "Manhattan" campaign scenario:
* Animations of ambient people improved.
* Taks waypoint for main task positioned better.
* Insurgent animations after death disabled in scene.
* Civilian woman stuck near transport prevented.
* Reinforcements navigation fixed.
* "Bitter Chill" campaign scenario:
* Conversations and broken mission flow fixed.
* Accidental death of Cpt. Shaftoe after a scene prevented.
* Improved positions of several killed unit.
* Radio chatter disabled where disturbing.
* "Badlands" campaign scenario:
* Ending and conversation flow fixes.
* Scene of talking to locals improved.
* "Dogs of War" campaign scenario:
* Insurgent leader presence now logical.
* Several story-related vehicles are now properly usable.
* Initial conversation work in multiplayer.
* "War That Never Was" campaign outro: Amount of units decreased, behavior improved.
* AI grouping prevented in team deathmatch and deathmatch scenarios.
* Module for limiting area of operation script fixes.
* Recomposed fortifications and minor fixes in Warfare.
* First-aid module performance improvements.
* Language and gameplay fixes in multiplayer and singleplayer templates.
* Changed lighting values for early morning and dusk.
* Improved wheeled vehicles turning definitions.
* Utes: Improved carrier deck collision shape and F-35B geometry.
* Gas stations on map can now refuel nearby vehicles.
* Minor object fixes on Chernarus map (traffic signs tweaks, small objects).
* Added small signs to Chernarus map.
* Less frequent occurrence of thunderbolts.