Poll: Would You like to see Mumble Link support implemented into ARMA 2?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Would You like to see Mumble's LINK - 'open plugin' implemented into ARMA 2?

Would it be better to have VON labels that Modders can use and edit directly..... just to keep the Comms Mods in the game. Don't get me wrong... I love ACRE but it would of been nice to have the ability to alter / MOD the in-game VON to that extent. Reason is that the player obviously has the game...but not everyone uses/likes Teamspeak or Mumbles... and BIS have provided the ability to MOD just about everything... So this may just be a small oversight...
    Intel Core i7 980X EXTREME, 24 Gig RAM, 240 Gig Revo x 2 SSD, 2 X EVGA (SC) 680GTX's, Win 7 64 Pro,
    Single 27 inch Monitor, Oculus Rift V 1.0, Track IR 5, HOTAS Warthog, SIMPEDS Pedals..Arma3 Ready... not....

Gunnery Sergeant
    I would like to see ACRE working with ARMA2:PR :P

While I know that the OP meant an implementation done within the game itself I would like to point your attention to a mod project that I have started. It will hopefully bring what this thread seeks: support for mumble's link plugin

I still could use some technical help if you are knowledgeable and interested:
    http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...-s-link-plugin

4.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #124
    Author of the Thread
    nice try as 'workaround' and i applaud You for that

yet native implementation would be ideal

until that happens keep working

Staff Sergeant
    The in-game VON sucks, sorry but it does, and it lags the server. ACRE is over-board for me. I would really just appreciate some simple positional audio support for a proper VOIP server like mumble. Mumble provides an open api to link in with it. Don't see why it has taken so long and still no support. And why are people voting no? You want less features? Or do you just want to force everyone to use the laggy in-game VON or ACRE?
    Last edited by ssechaud; Jun 12 2012 at 05:37.

Sergeant Major
    Given the poor quality of recent releases of TeamSpeak (3.0.8 is particularly bad) and difficulties in integrating ACRE and TS3, I definitely vote for native support for Mumble.

I am pretty biased, but how is ACRE overboard? Arma games cover huge amounts of space, so having radios is a must in addition to directional speaking, unless you have some other method? Also ACRE is very easy to install with Six Updater, it literally takes 1 button click.

Teamspeak does suck though, and its getting worse. Might be time to invest more in our own voice client.

8.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #128
    Author of the Thread
    please take the ACRE vs or else discussion out, both ACRE and non ACRE will benefit from this feature because it's open documented link to provide output of 3D positional data for audio

it's false assumption that game which supports Mumble's link may befenefit Mumble only ...

The question should be "where is it?"

The poll makes it pretty clear if community wants it but there's still no official statement from BIS on what's happening with this community wish.
    ArmA2: "Doc, I'm wounded, I can barely aim and I'm bleeding badly, come on pull my body out of the harm's way and treat me before I die!"
    ArmA3: "You are wounded! Click to instantly regenerate health whenever you feel like it!"

Giving 'authenticity' an entirely new meaning, together with Medal of Honor.

Yes. /5char

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast