Sign in to follow this  
Warrior Xâ„¢

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War)

mainunsungbanner60perce.jpg

Our work for Armed Assault 2 has begun for some time now.

This thread will be used to keep you updated on the latest news around the mod for Armed Assault 2.

Learn who is The Unsung MOD:

Website (click)

Forum (click)

Biki page (click)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recruitment section:

Moving over stuff from Armed Assault 1 to 2 is time consuming. Learning new stuff for it even more.

WE WANT YOU!!!

The Unsung Mod is on a wide scale recruitment offensive for Armed Assault II. We have a lot of work to be done and that's why we need YOUR help!

We need help in all fields of expertise:

- Configgers

- Moddelers

- Scripters

- Sound editors

- Island builders

Do you have allready some knowledge in any of the above fields and are interested in the Vietnam war like we are and feel you could be of help? Do reply on our forums over at OFPNAM.com (click here). Please do not post for recruitment jobs in this thread!

NOT NEEDED PEOPLE CURRENTLY:

- Mission makers

- Voice actors

- Beta testers

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current project:

The hill fights of Khe Sanh.

Prior to the main battle for the Khe Sanh combat base (KSCB) in 1968, there were a series of battles taking place in 1967 in the hills surrounding the KSCB. These hill fights in 1967 is the scene that we are currently modding.

Some info on Khe Sanh and the hill fights can be read on this: wiki page (click this)

Stay tuned for the latest news in this thread and thank you for your support! :)

Edited by Warrior Xâ„¢

Well i'm very pleased :) Warrior X made the best campaign for OFP IMO which was Last months in Vietnam. I'm very excited to see the same kind of work in ArmA2.

Edited by ProfTournesol
typo

Are you planning only authentic "islands" based on Nam maps?

Currently yes. But we have done imaginary islands for Armed Assault and OFP as well, so some of our island makers will probably feel creative enough at one point or another to make an imaginary map again :p

Well i'm very pleased :) Warrior X made the best campaign for OFP IMO which was Last months in Vietnam

awww shoot :blush: Thanks for the kind words!

Are you planning only authentic "islands" based on Nam maps?

Yes, unless one of us come up with a pretty cool fictitious island, all future maps will be based off of locations within the country of Vietnam.

In the beginning, they will most likely be the well known locations, but we might slip in a few maps that are of particular interest to the author. But again, these maps will most likely be from a physical location in Vietnam.

We have the DEMs for most of (if not entire) country so it is easier for us to use the DEMs create the terrain for us instead of us creating the elevation changes.

Hope that answers your question.

---------- Post added at 02:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 AM ----------

Great news :)

I hope you'll find all you need about staff !

Us too! If not, we will start passing out free beer for those who join.

Would love to see the battle of Ia Drang in this! "we were soldiers" stylee with chopper insertion, high command of squads & arty! :cool:

Just a couple quik one's. As in the last one, are u able to make the folidge thick and dense so you get the clostrophobic feeling, asspects of the first mod reminded me of my fav nam game 'vietcong' :). Also is it possible to make punji traps in arma2 and other vietcong boobytraps?

Regards Jeza

Just a couple quik one's. As in the last one, are u able to make the folidge thick and dense so you get the clostrophobic feeling, asspects of the first mod reminded me of my fav nam game 'vietcong' :). Also is it possible to make punji traps in arma2 and other vietcong boobytraps?

Regards Jeza

Hey Jeza,

About the foliage. Should be able to get the foliage as thick, dense and claustrofobic as we had in ArmA 1. OFP was thick, ArmA beat that. And now we will try to bring the same foliage from ArmA 1 into ArmA 2.

About the traps. Yes it is possible to some extent. Meaning, for the punji's for example you cannot make a punji pit as it is impossible to dig a hole in ArmA 2, like it was in ArmA 1 and OFP. But look at this vid from us that was shot in ArmA 1:

All the traps have entered another overhaul session and will probably look a bit different, some already do like the effects on the flare trip, and act different in final versions for ArmA 2. ;)

Hope that answers your questions. :)

Ah fantastic answers all the querys, good luck with the mod matey. :)

If you mapmakers can find a way to make a full scale life-size Vietnam island that would be TOTALLY AWESOME!

If you mapmakers can find a way to make a full scale life-size Vietnam island that would be TOTALLY AWESOME!

Yeah well maybe if we had every map maker, modeler and texture artist in the community maybe we could :) However we are there are only a few guys in the team and we need more members to speed things up..

I have to honestly say I am disappointed that nobody has put their hand up to help out after our last recruitment drive :( . Come on guys we already have a good team of Nam nuts and top guys dedicating their time and effort toward this mod however we need more help. We aren't going anywhere,after 6 years we are still here. That shows the type of people we have in the team.

Sav

Some WIP shots of some of the weapons The Unsung MOD are working on for ArmA II. The pics show:

- CT56 with bajonet attached.

- EX41 aka China Lake Pump-Action Grenade Launcher.

- M45 Submachine Gun.

- M16-M203 Grenade Launcher with 30 rnd mag.

1254934627284ft0unsct56.th.jpgunsex41th.jpg

1254934702284ft13731uns.th.jpg1254935357284ft13731uns.th.jpg

We are also still looking for new members people!

Look at the following link to find out more about job's available: Apply for a Unsung jobby job in the jungles of South-East Asia!

:D

cool!!!

It's pump action grenade launcher!!!!

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/1482/1254934627284ft0unsex41.jpg

Question:

it's completely newly built version, or my version(donated it to unsung sometime ago ;) ) with lots of modifications?

In any way, I want to see that grenade launcher in-game soooo much!!!

BTW, something interesting about it:

word file

firing video

Edited by Gedis

Nice job on this. Really looking forward to this mod.

The m16 with M203 looks like a M16a2 version. Which wasn't used in Vietnam, it should be the m16a1.

Just a note:o

Nice job on this. Really looking forward to this mod.

The m16 with M203 looks like a M16a2 version. Which wasn't used in Vietnam, it should be the m16a1.

Just a note:o

If you are referring to the rear post we are aware of that it is being changed to the a1 model.

Yes I am.

Ok that's good to hear you guys are also aiming for accuracy! :D

Also, don't forget 20 rnd magazines instead of 30 (you're probably aware of that too). The Unsung Mod is still one of my fav's. :cool:

Edited by GD Mast

Also, don't forget 20 rnd magazines instead of 30 (you're probably aware of that too). The Unsung Mod is still one of my fav's. :cool:

No 20round magazines either... 18 is the magic number... adding 2 additional rounds could cause the magazine to jam...

Yeah, 30rd mags typically did not see Vietnam until 1969... And at that, they had to be bought Stateside using personal funds since the Army did not purchase them until later.

Yeah, the rear sight will be fixed, I will swap them out...

Thanks for the info PolishGI,

So what your saying is, it's a 20 rnd magazine but your only putting 18 rnds in that magazine. I was just commenting on the picture itself with the 30 rnd mag. This mod will be one of the best when it's released! :cool: Thanks!

Thanks for the info PolishGI,

So what your saying is, it's a 20 rnd magazine but your only putting 18 rnds in that magazine. I was just commenting on the picture itself with the 30 rnd mag. This mod will be one of the best when it's released! :cool: Thanks!

Absolutely Mast! Yes! The magazines capacity is 20 rounds, but back in the 60s, the spring within the magazine was not the greatest (go figure)... and the ground troops found that IF you put 20 in the mag, it had a greater chance of misfeeding the next round. So whereby going to 18 rounds, it is less stress on the spring and the magazine had the greatest chance of correctly feeding all 18 rounds correctly. When taking that into consideration with the M-16's other initial problems, it seems like a no-brainer when in a shootout.

I first noticed this thread now, i gotta get more out of the general forum :p

This is awesome, just love the vietnam theme :cool: