Sign in to follow this  
Fenrir

A few questions (groups, buildings & UP script)

Hehe hi again. Hope your not too tired of seeing me yet :rolleyes:

Ok i got a few more questions :)

P.S, i have searched as much as i could, to no avail (i always get the domi, Chiper, Devestation etc threads appear instead )

1. I do remember seeing a post about this a few weeks back, but like i said, i've searched like mad but could not find it again. Basically, i want to know if it's possible to set it so that, if the Group leader doesnt spawn, then none of the group will, for a bit of randomness :p Im guessing theres something to put in the init line, but i couldnt figure it out.

2. To spawn a group at a choice of 4 places, im using the group to marker trick, so they will spawn at one of the markers. However, i want an empty object, such as an ammo box or a car to go with them. Now, i couldnt group them (most prob due to them being an empty object), so is there another way of getting this to spawn with the group?

3. I would also like to know if its possible to getting someone to patrol on the walkways inside chernogorsk, or what the trick to it is. I managed to place a sniper on one (after a bit of moving him inch by inch in the editor :p ), however when i set him a waypoint, he'll just decided to try and walk off the edge instead, and will get stuck in the pipes. So, once again, im guessing theres some sort of commande to put in the waypoint?

4. While im asking these questions, a bit less relevant though. If anyone's using it as well, im using the Urban patrol script in my mission. Now, most of my squads behave normally and just patrol nice and slow around the town. However, the will always be a few squads that decided to run around, diving on the ground etc, even when there are no enemies within 3k of the place, and no shots etc have been fired. Im using the exact same line in each of the squad leaders init

nul=[this,"Factory"] execVM "ups.sqf"

so i dont have a clue what the problem may be. If anyone has experience with this script, perhaps you know whats causing it ?

Thanks in advance, and hopefully you'll be seeing me less. Im "starting" to learn more about how this scripting/mission editing works. Even if i am slow :o

1. Not sure, probibility of presense might do it. I'll test that later.

2. Just setPos the item to the leader's POS in it's init. As long as it was added after the leader was to the map all should be good.

3. I don't think AI pathing supports that. You might be able to trick it with timed setPos' but that's messy. :)

4. If it's in an urban area it's possible the AI are either getting stuck and having to catch back up (running) or someone's getting caught and damaged on something (falling to ground).