Hi all, I'm new to bi forums and I'm comming across from Armaholic to increase my chances in finding a squad. I've played Arma 2 for nearly 3 years now and I've mostly played in public online matches ranging from domination to small team co-op missions back over to large scale TvT missions in Fallujah using ace and acre. I got heavily involved with PR: ARMA 2 when that came out and I fell in love with the TvT aspect even more, but sadly the mod didn't last long and people left. (They're now waiting for the Arma 3 version of PR) So I naturally kept playing the public matches and PR; BF2.
I'm back now to Arma 2 and I'm looking for the first time to get into a TvT based large scale squad/unit. One that partcipates against other units and in tourments on a regular basis. In game training nights would be appricated to polish up on my Arma 2 weapon skills. I've got a breif description below now that I've got my introduction out of the way
In-Game name: Tilyard
Location: UK, Bedfordshire.
Spoken Language: English
Pay for a server: No. (But I am not sure what this means)
Games: Arma 2, Operation Arrowhead, PMC, BAF, ACR, Combined Ops, Take on helicopters, Take on hinds, TOH Re-Armed
Roles Preferred: I'm heavily into the Machine Gunner role but I can also take on /Rifleman/Sapper, Pilot/Gunner
Mods: Six Updater so all mods at my disposal. I can also manually install any mod myself.
If you have a squad/unit I will fit into, please leave me a message via bistudio or contact me via hotmail on
I've been playing Arma 2 OA for about 2 years now on and off. Started with just basic domination, but in the past year i've picked up DayZ and wasteland. Although i enjoy both i really want to play some more realistic missions.
I have no irl military training but am willing to do any training that you offer (callsigns, tactics ect...)
I have used mods within Arma but have yet to use ACRE or ACE so i may need a little help setting up ACRE as i hear it can be a bitch at times.
I'm looking for that proper squad/ team vibe that i know you can get from this game when played with like minded people.
Ranks ect are fine by me as long as its not over the top. I have more spare time nowdays so training nights ect shouldnt be a problem. Although i cannot say for sure how many nights a week i can play. At least 2-3 i would say tho.
- Name: Anthony (Antny in game)
- Age: 26
- Mic: Yes
- Flight stick: Yes
- Mods: Any required
- Location: Derby (UK)
Add me on steam: antnyhague if you think i might work well in your squad.
Other games i play include: Battlefield 3, TF2, Red Orchestra 2 plus many more.
*Edit* I would ideally prefer a UK based clan/squad as it makes it easier with times of missions ect... but wont rule out non european clans if the times you play are ok ect...
Last edited by Antny; May 14 2013 at 17:07.
In-game Name: Djarid
Location: London (UK)
Flight stick: X53 Pro
Military Experience: 12 years in the British Army, but that was a long time ago now
I've dabbled with Arma regularly over the years but have never joined an online squad however I used to play a lot of Ghost Recon 5v5 on various gaming ladders. I'm looking primarily for coop doing campaigns. I have lots of free time to practice and train. I would mainly like to be a flying battle taxi / med-evac as flying helis is my passion and I've just spent several months practicing... my NOE is pretty good and I can hit most LZs. I'm familiarising myself with ACRE by joining ongoing acre missions.
I would like to join a squad too.
I am 40 years old, i have been playing arma 1 and arma 2 since it was released
I am Dutch, I have been a medic when i was drafted.
Track ir: yes
Flight stick: yes
ace and acre: yes
Arma 2, arma 2 OA and even Take on. Planning to buy arma 3 soon
Last edited by Freek73; May 19 2013 at 07:57.
Hello, my name is Phoenix.
I have been playing ArmA 2 for 2 years now, on and off, and am looking forward to ArmA 3. I am currently looking for a fun and serious squad in which I can enjoy the game through its multiplayer/co-op aspect, as well as generally get better at it while being part of a community.
Location: London, UK
Occupation: Full-time MSc student
Military: No military experience
Multiplayer/Online experience: I have always enjoyed both PvE and PvP aspects of online games, I was a raider/officer in hardcore guilds in WoW for several years, and play MOBAS frequently. I enjoy particularly playing with friends/guild/clan/squad mates rather than being paired up with random strangers on the internet who won't have my back.
Setup: I play using mouse/keyboard (no flight stick), have a working microphone/multi-channel headset, I don't use any freetracking device.
Software: Have TS3, Skype, and use some basic mods like stHUD, JSRS and Blastcore. No ACRE/ACE experience. Of course I don't mind playing/downloading any mods required by the squad.
Preferred roles: I want to get better as a heli pilot (transport), but I am willing to play/specialize in any infantry role, whatever the team needs.
WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR:
- ENGLISH-SPEAKING, EU ZONE SQUADS.
- A community that will help me experience what I love about ArmA: a hardcore, mature, realistic, slow-paced, TEAMWORK-CENTERED, hierarchical multiplayer experience where patience, discipline and team spirit are everything.
- A squad that plays seriously in order to complete missions/campaigns by using tactics and not just "rush forward and grab objectives". Not interested in Wasteland/DayZ "every man for themselves" spin-offs.
- A squad that is NOT fully milsim. I still consider ArmA 2 a game, even if I play it as seriously as possible.
- A squad that uses tactics and good organisation to complete its missions, not just "take up any slot you want and let's kill some baddies"-tactics.
- A fun environment where banter is allowed in chat or within fireteams. The way I see it, we're a bunch of friends playing a video game, might as well make it an enjoyable time.
- A squad that will help me in areas that I'm interested in. I am really interested in playing deep strike scout/recon missions as part of a small fireteam, for example. I would like to be allowed to try things out without having to do 6 months of training prior to being deemed "worthy" of it.
- A squad that will challenge me by assigning responsibilities to me and trusting me, whether it be piloting, recon or demolition roles, for example. Show me that you trust me with stuff to do and I will deliver my 500%.
- An environment where I can be given advice and help by more seasoned players. I am really interested in flying transport helicopters, I would enjoy having a mentor/advisor that will teach me a few tricks and help me out.
- I enjoy long, realistic sessions more than short ones. This allows for more tactical opportunities as one can insert scouts and gather intel and still play the same scenario several hours later once the tactics have been established.
WHAT I AM NOT LOOKING FOR:
- A full MilSim squad. I am not interested in going to the army in real life, so I am not looking for that in a video game either.
- A squad that expects me to put in 50 hours of training every week until I get good enough before they allow me to join their real sessions.
- A squad that requires a high attendance/has training days which are mandatory. I want to know that if I play, and then I leave for 2 weeks of holiday, I won't be banned/demoted just because I have a life.
- A squad were jokes/fun/banter is not allowed at all because "ArmA 2 is serious business". I appreciate that some squads/players like this style of play, but I like to know that I won't get banned if I make a joke once in a while.
- A squad that sticks to 20-30mins game sessions, and rushes to objectives (while getting 90% of players killed) rather than a slow, realistic, calculated approach to objective completion.
You can contact me on these forums.