Sign in to follow this  
angerb0y

Arma 2 low fps, good enough rig?

Hey people i just bought a new comp with a ATI HD 4890, a 64x amd athlon 6000+ processor and 2 gigs of hyperX kingston ram...

now i tried to paly arma 2 , on medium/high and all i can get it around 25-30 fps when just walking aorund on the ground.. also tried it with high/very high and then i get around 18-25 fps max! :( :(... i got a 24" wide screen and the resolution i choose is 1920x1080 and also 3d reso is 1920x1080...

can you guys help me out? do i need to change my memmory frequencys maybe? or just to low memmory and a bad processor?? what would help the most? thanks alot guys ! loves !

I know several people with 4890's that can run the game with very high settings and get 30+FPS. I'm ot sure if they're using OC'd cards, resolution, or what driver ver. they're running though. But 24" screen is a lot of pixels to fill, you might have to sacrifice some effects to get good FPS

Edited by No Use For A Name

ye and probably need some more ram aswell :(

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

someone knows how to OC my card and maybe processor? im a newb and cant find good manuals. i tried. thanks

yeah it wouldn't hurt to get at least 1 more gig; but I wouldn't count on it giving a huge increase. I'd say to just play around with the settings until you find a happy-medium for eye candy/performance. Not many systems can run this game with max settings @ high resolutions/large monitors

Hey people i just bought a new comp with a ATI HD 4890, a 64x amd athlon 6000+ processor and 2 gigs of hyperX kingston ram...

now i tried to paly arma 2 , on medium/high and all i can get it around 25-30 fps when just walking aorund on the ground.. also tried it with high/very high and then i get around 18-25 fps max! :( :(... i got a 24" wide screen and the resolution i choose is 1920x1080 and also 3d reso is 1920x1080...

can you guys help me out? do i need to change my memmory frequencys maybe? or just to low memmory and a bad processor?? what would help the most? thanks alot guys ! loves !

Are you running PCI Express 2.0 or 1.0? (Because of your processor.) Also, you're using an old generation CPU. It's essentially a Athlon 64 times 2. Very insufficient architecture. There could be other issues but you should focus on the bigger things for now. A new CPU/Motherboard/RAM etc.

ye PCI Exp 2.0, my motherboard is an asrock k10n78 pretty good. also i have a AMD x64 X2 processor :P sorry i forgot to name the "X2" ... i tried to overclock my 4890 but my comp wont let me.. it keeps getting errors and reboots. so i just let it the way it was.. probably gonna have to find new CPU and some RAM thanks

Don't worry about overclocking your graphics card, your CPU won't keep up with it at clock speed.

We have a sticky thread for that sort of stuff.