Sign in to follow this  
sn0b0ard

ArmA II Multiplayer CTD

Hi, I am having a very bad problem with ArmA II multiplayer. Every time I get into an online match, within 5-10 minutes I get a CTD. Windows says that the program is not responding. Here is the log from the event viewer:

Faulting application name: arma2.exe, version: 1.3.0.58627, time stamp: 0x4a783683

Faulting module name: arma2.exe, version: 1.3.0.58627, time stamp: 0x4a783683

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x004bf03d

Faulting process id: 0xb78

Faulting application start time: 0x01ca2f4e57f6e230

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe

Report Id: 45fb8e87-9b45-11de-9c87-001d7d073d9e

Here's another one:

Faulting application name: arma2.exe, version: 1.3.0.58627, time stamp: 0x4a783683

Faulting module name: d3d9.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bd9a9

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0002f4e2

Faulting process id: 0x958

Faulting application start time: 0x01ca2edcbccf704a

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\d3d9.dll

Report Id: 8f483228-9ad0-11de-b24f-001d7d073d9e

This problem happens EVERY single time I join a multiplayer game. I cannot finish a single online match because of the CTD. Now, if I install beta 58927, it works fine, except I will occasionally get a CTD when aborting the multiplayer mission. I'm stuck in between a rock and a hard place. If I use the beta 58927 to play online, there are serious audio problems with it, there is already another thread in the beta forum about this, so I won't get into detail about the audio problems with the beta. If I use non-beta patch 1.03, then I can't play any online games, but at least the audio is working properly.

Here are my system specs:

Gigabyte EX38-DS4 Motherboard

Intel Core2Duo E8500 @ 3.16Ghz

4GB DDR2-800

PNY XLR8 nVidia GTX275 video card (Driver: GeForce/ION Driver Release 190 190.62)

Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer PCI sound card

Liteon 16X DVD+R\DL burner SATA

2xWestern Digital Black 1TB SATA2 HDD (Not in RAID)

1xWestern Digital Caviar 500GB SATA2 HDD

Thermaltake Toughpower 750W PSU (nVidia SLI certified)

Windows 7 RTM x64

Please help! Thanks in advance.

Is your sound card driver up to date?

If it is , try rolling it back one or two drivers.

If it isn't update it.

Try that. I had a similar fault with Stalker: CS and that was my problem.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am kind of limited when it comes to drivers for my sound card, especially with Windows 7 x64, so I don't have too many drivers to choose from. The beta drivers from Creative are really bad, so I use DanielK's Windows Vista/7 driver package.

On a side note, I tried adding the switch '-winxp' to my ArmA II desktop shortcut, and I also modified ArmA2.cfg localVRAM to match my video card's memory (in bytes). It seems, after several hours of online play, that I can play coop and hold, but when it comes to playing Chenarus Life, that crashes ArmA II every time. I haven't tried Domination yet, but when I do, I will report what happens.

Exception code: 0xc0000005 relates to an access memory violation.

Could be caused by faulty memory modules, corrupt graphics card drivers (or sound card drivers), or the way Arma 2 is accessing your memory (hence why it's more stable with -winxp and fixing the vram reading). Do you get a different crash report under Chernarus Life?

Exception code: 0xc0000005 relates to an access memory violation.

Could be caused by faulty memory modules, corrupt graphics card drivers (or sound card drivers), or the way Arma 2 is accessing your memory (hence why it's more stable with -winxp and fixing the vram reading). Do you get a different crash report under Chernarus Life?

No, it's the same error with Chenarus Life. My game crashed again last night when I tried to abort a multiplayer session, but it doesn't seem to be crashing when I am playing anymore, so it has gotten better; with the exception of Chenarus Life, and exiting an online match. It had the same exception code 0xc0000005. I will take a look at what drivers I can try using for my video and sound cards. Thanks for all the help.

Edit:

Strange thing, I just took a look at my ArmA2.cfg file, and my localVRAM entry was set back to its default setting. I forgot to make the file read only :( I went ahead and fixed it again and made it read only, so hopefully it helps!

Edited by sn0b0ard