Sign in to follow this  
mithandra

Locking machine up when turning on AA

Hi Guys,

Just wanted some advice on a problem i am having with ARMA2 + 1.03 patch.

System Details:

Gainward NVIDIA 295 1792MB GFX card

30" Dell 2560 x 1600 display

Striker Extreme M/B

4 Gig DDR2 1033Mhz Memory

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz Processor

SSD 128Gig Drive 250MB/s (main drive)

4 x 500Gig SATA II internal HDDs for storage.

I have just reinstalled my machine with Windows 7 RC1 and have installed the Certified NVIDIA drivers version 190.62.

The problem i am seeing in the GFX settings of ARMA2 is that if i enable AA when i click apply my machine locks up.

I am running the game with everything maxed appart from the view distance which i have tried in different setting and at a resolution of 2560x1600

Anyone know of any bugs that could cause this?

Thanks Mithandra

Edited by mithandra

try 182.50 drivers and see if that works. Some people have problems with anything later. At least that way you'll know if it's a driver issue or not

Hi Guys,

Just wanted some advice on a problem i am having with ARMA2 + 1.03 patch.

System Details:

Gainward NVIDIA 295 1792MB GFX card

30" Dell 2560 x 1600 display

Striker Extreme M/B

4 Gig DDR2 1033Mhz Memory

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz Processor

SSD 128Gig Drive 250MB/s (main drive)

4 x 500Gig SATA II internal HDDs for storage.

I have just reinstalled my machine with Windows 7 RC1 and have installed the Certified NVIDIA drivers version 190.62.

The problem i am seeing in the GFX settings of ARMA2 is that if i enable AA when i click apply my machine locks up.

I am running the game with everything maxed appart from the view distance which i have tried in different setting and at a resolution of 2560x1600

Anyone know of any bugs that could cause this?

Thanks Mithandra

I think you might be aiming a little high with your settings. Try lowering your resolution/settings and see if it still happens.

A friend of mine has a 3007WFP and it's a slideshow (~10-12 FPS) @ 2560 x 1600 (everything maxed) and he has 2 x GTX 285 and an i7 965 @ 3.8 Ghz.

I'd try 1920 x 1200 or lower with a view distance of 2.5k - 3.0k. Try running everything on normal and work your way up from there.

I find the 182.50s are the best but opinions (and results) vary on this so it's really a case of trial and error.

Eth

Edited by BangTail

Too high a settings for your system/card... not enough memory and ARMA2 is too demanding/unoptimised at this stage.

It shouldnt really lock up and freeze on you though, can you exit the game and reset the settings or do you have to restart the PC via the button on the case?

It could be that your getting such low FPS that it looks like its locked up. Either drop the resolution or use 0 AA.

Yapa

Hi Guys,

When playing the game in 2560 x 1600 i have no slow down at all, game plays perfectly with everything maxed, its just when i try and enable AA that I the machine locks up.

Thanks Mithandra