Sign in to follow this  
Wags

Steady FPS drop?

I'm not the best at explaining things so bare with me:

Lately, whenever I play ArmA2, there has been a steady FPS drop. I usually get 23-30 FPS (depending on my enviroment). But everytime I start up ArmA2 again my average FPS drops.

Example: If I got 30 FPS playing, stopped playing and went to the general store, then got home and started up ArmA2 again, my average FPS would be 25. If I was playing at 25 FPS now, shut down ArmA2 and went to bed, then the next day started up ArmA2 again, my FPS would be 23. (That isn't the exact number of FPS I've been getting, it's just an example)

So basically, whenever I start-up, shut down, and play ArmA again I get a lasting FPS drop.

Help? :)

Right, well first things first, you must be using some sort of FPS counter.. What one are you using..

Also when you run ArmA 2 are you using the exact same addons if any, and are there any background services running also i.e xfire, antivirus, msn etc.. maybee when you run it each time you are using different things with it if you know what i mean.

Also what are your specs of your pc mate.....

Intel core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.0 Ghz

BFG Tech GTX 285 OC to core 683 MHz. . mem 1247 MHz

Asus P5N-D 750i

4 GB Corsair DDR2 XMS 800

EZ COOL 700W psu

Maxtor HDD

Windows Vista 64bit

ARMA 2 MARK 3207 with high and med settings

Right, well first things first, you must be using some sort of FPS counter.. What one are you using..

Also when you run ArmA 2 are you using the exact same addons if any, and are there any background services running also i.e xfire, antivirus, msn etc.. maybee when you run it each time you are using different things with it if you know what i mean.

Also what are your specs of your pc mate.....

Intel core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.0 Ghz

BFG Tech GTX 285 OC to core 683 MHz. . mem 1247 MHz

Asus P5N-D 750i

4 GB Corsair DDR2 XMS 800

EZ COOL 700W psu

Maxtor HDD

Windows Vista 64bit

ARMA 2 MARK 3207 with high and med settings

Actually, I'm using this mission in ArmA called "Benchmark." It shows a cimematic and will tell you your FPS when it's done.

I run it with no other program. I've been running ArmA under the same conditions.

-Computer: Gateway GT5618E

-Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4400+ 2.30GHz

-Memory(RAM): 2GB

-Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8600GT (With latest drivers)

If you're using "Fraps" to measure FPS, it could be the source of all evil. I've tried this little program and it gives "ArmA 2" some heavy fps spikes on my PC, also the overall FPS count seems to be lower when I run "Fraps" (which means "ArmA 2" runs smoother without "Fraps").

*The Benchmark Scenario is a bit vague, because all of what happens in there is somekind of random. Just have a look at all the units moving around when you're running the benchmark. It's always different. However it should still give you a feeling about how well "ArmA 2" will run on your System, due to the fact that the Benchmark is a average reproduction of a standard mission (its not built too complex nor too basic). 30-35 FPS should be enough to play "ArmA 2", at least that's what I've got in the Demo and playing the full Version now, I haven't got any hard times performance wise.

Edited by Jimmy the Saint