Sign in to follow this  
Lakinpraya

It seems a bug on M4A1 sight

I really enjoy the ARMA2 1.03 and love this game. but...

I found that it seems a bug on M4A1 sight image but I don't know whether it is true bug or not.

Please look at this picture and please reply .\

http://blog.naver.com/rd2001/80089235644

Edited by Lakinpraya

Yep, happens when the sun is to your back. One disadvantage to attacking from that direction (unless you're using an ACOG/scope or iron sights).

Turning off post-processing removes the glare effect.

It can be considered a bug, since the glare is universally applied to glass surfaces that are near normal to both the sun and viewer, irrespective of any terrain or objects between the surface and the sun. In the case of a rifle scope, the users head should definately be between the lens and the sun.

Edited by ceeeb

The effect still occurs when aiming through sights up close, making aiming near impossible. More accurate to fire from the hip!

I originally thought the effect was sun glint, but the effect on my nVidia card often looks like a polygon mess rather than shine.

I'm no expert on guns but I have looked at some gun sights before. I notice some have 'shades' covering the scope (same as some camera zoom lens). Some have treated glass which I presume is anti-reflection to either assist the user or reduce detection by the enemy. In any case, as ceeeb says, the aimer's head would block the sun.

Edited by Greg

Not a bug as already was discussed by previous reply above mine, it the sun behind you plus the glare reflecting in you aimpoint(red dot) realistic? well people have difference opinions but i think, yes, because even airplane while are between you and the sun, you wont see them, and thats a strategic feature that you as a player can exploid, so what i do is (in your case) i just switch position, if i was heading E to W then I'll go W to E or vice versa.

I do think it's too overdone (like bloom) and it is somewhat realistic; but those optics have an anti-glare coating that cuts down on it so you can still see thru the sight, although there is some light reflection

I do think it's too overdone (like bloom) and it is somewhat realistic; but those optics have an anti-glare coating that cuts down on it so you can still see thru the sight, although there is some light reflection

I agree with that! :)