Sign in to follow this  
BeerHunter

Waypoints disappear in High Command too fast.

In the Editor and preview...

I've been trying to direct my chopper to a safe area to wait for me.

I create a waypoint (in High Command) for it to move to but before I can assign an action to the waypoint it disappears as the chopper heads towards it.

Is this a bug? (if it's a feature it sucks royally :mad:).

Not sure what you mean, but try using a heli-H, found in objects i think. Place A Heli-H pad. And put a chopper waypoint right ob the H, and put the waypoint on Load.Or Hold and make a tricker so when you get in it leaves like,

ChopperName doMove getPos PosisionName

Other option is, Name the chopper and name the helipad Or a object where in needs to land. And in the init of chopper put, Heliname land "PositionName"

Any Luck?

That works for an assigned destination but what I want , in High Command, is the ability to have the chopper drop me off wherever I want (easily done) then , by going to the map , send it to a way point to wait for me.

This can be done if I set a way point way over on the other side of the map as I have time to set the way point (always seems to be a move to) then I can click on the way point and assign an action to it. (IIRC it "unload" and the crew gets out and the engine shuts down).

Trouble with it being too far away is I have to then hoof it to order the crew to get in then assign a move way point and tell my men to get in.

If it's too close , it simply vanishes as the chopper heads towards it and I can't assign any actions to it.