Sign in to follow this  
billabos

Help me plz

i brought the game yesturday and every time i start the game it instantly goes arma 2 has stopped working i have vista 32bit 2.4ghz quad core 3 gbs memory and alot of hdd space i have tried loads of different methods but none of them have worked some one please help i beg of u guys.

thx

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

email me if u got a solution billabos@gmail.com

i brought the game yesturday and every time i start the game it instantly goes arma 2 has stopped working i have vista 32bit 2.4ghz quad core 3 gbs memory and alot of hdd space i have tried loads of different methods but none of them have worked some one please help i beg of u guys.

thx

I had this issue before as well.

I was clicking a desktop shortcut and it loaded then just quit. I ended up moving my shortcut to the games folder and launching it there and it worked fine. I don't know why.

You may also try right clicking the shortcut and "run as administrator.

You could also need to reinstall.

Are you running steam or retail btw?

Edited by ICE-Raver

Can you please give your complete specs?

1. CPU model and speed

2. Mem

3. Graphics card and memory ie. 8800gt 512

4. Graphics driver you are running.

there isn't even a shortcut in the games menu i have tried run as adminstrator thanks tho for ur suggestions

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

oh and if it helps if i put the disk in i cant click on play

.. the Arma2 icon to your desktop, then that will be the shortcut. Then right click -> properties -> shortcut -> advanced -> check the Run as Admin

Please post sys specs.

it still doesn't work it comes up with arma 2 has stopped working

vista 32bit 2.4ghz quad core 3 gbs memory 300gb hdd

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

oh and if it helps if i put the disk in i cant click on play

BILBO please give your graphics card.

I cannot click on play either, only install even though its already installed.

What drivers are you running for the 8500 gt?

To find out, right click on desktop -> nvidia control panel -> then at the bottom System information. Driver info will be on top

What drivers are you running for the 8500 gt?

To find out, right click on desktop -> nvidia control panel -> then at the bottom System information. Driver info will be on top

Mine is 190.62

i undated my drivers yesturday and if the game works for u what drivers are u running?

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

updated*

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

u there mantis?

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

whats ur msn

so we can talk better

First are you on the admin account? Meaning do multiple people use the computer with multiple accounts? If so make sure you are on the admin one.

1. Right click on the arma2 shortcut

2. In the Target box add: -winxp

3. Apply and try again.

As I said above my driver is 190.62

billabos

Please type in proper english, this is a forum no online game chat. You have all the time you need to use "you" instead of "u" and check punctuation and spelling, thanks.

i have tryed winxp thingy and my driver is the same as urs

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

w0lle can you* help

1. Billabos, are you on the admin account?

2. Are you using any emulators? Daemon tools, alcohol 120%, nero etc?

3. Are your motherboard/chipset drivers up to date?

4. Are you sound drivers up to date?

Edited by TheMantis

yes I am on the admin account

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

its a real pain and i dont understand it

1. Billabos, are you on the admin account?

2. Are you using any emulators? Daemon tools, alcohol 120%, nero etc?

3. Are your motherboard/chipset drivers up to date?

4. Are you sound drivers up to date?

Is Arma 2 patched to 1.3?

idk no about my sound drivers or my mother board drivers and i brought the game so im using the cd i will update them now

Update your motherboard/chipset, and sound drivers too.

goto start -> Type in the box "dxdiag" with no quotes. Under sound 1 tab it shoudl tell you what your sound card is. Probably realtek AC97 or HD something. Google the driver for that.

how do i update my chipset and mother board drivers?

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

how do i update my chipset and mother board?

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

soz about double posting

billabos do the following:

Press Windows key + R, in the field type dxdiag and click on OK or Run.

In the first screen of the application click No when it asks for signed drivers.

Next click on "Save all information". Save the generated file on your desktop and then upload it somewhere (rapidshare.com or yousendit.com) so we can download and check what's in your box.

Maybe a good soul will collect the needed drivers for you or atleast post links to the correct ones. ;)

how do i find the name?

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Download everest free edition. That will find the motherboard name for you. Is this a dell or hp by any chance? If it is or anyother pre assembled pc, goto their website and their support menu. Then it will let you input the model of your pc, or its serial number.