Sign in to follow this  
goose4291

ArmA 2 Disk

I've been having long running problems with getting my ArmA 2 disk to work. Sometimes simply taking it out and putting it back in repeatadly for 15 minutes seems to do the trick, but sometimes not.

Anyhow, one day I opened up my computer and to my suprise discovered I didn't have a DVD drive. I found this hard to believe as I could hear it chugging away trying to get ArmA 2 to work. So I performed a little experiment.

Restarting the computer without ArmA 2 in the drive, and my DVD drive will appear in my computer. However when I insert the CD in, after 30-40 seconds the Icon for the drive disapears. Any help solivng this bizzare problem would be greatly appreciated.

With arma 2 only once or twice.

Had it with Stalker & Stalker clear sky.

Had it with Crysis many times.

I think its the way the disk is written, the drive is searching for the start and keeps running the head from one side to the other.

I never found a solution as it was easier to just double press the drive eject button till it worked.

You don't understand what I mean. What I'm saying is when I startup my PC, I have a DVD player icon in "My computer" and after trying the old CD in-out routine, I have no DVD player icon, and when I check the device listings, my DVD player has vanished until I restart the computer. It doesn't happen with any other disks either.

Edited by goose4291

My dvd drive would disappear aswell. However if I put the disk in again, or put another disk that I know would work it would redetect the drive and work.

Sry for not being clear. However mine didn't do the disappearing trick all the time. So far arma 2 has NOT done the disappearing thing for me, however those other games I mentioned have.

Try this, after googling .... for you.... jk! I found this. Something about upper and lower filters...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

It fixed the problem for another guy on a diff forum.

Edited by TheMantis
New info

Try this, after googling .... for you.... jk! I found this. Something about upper and lower filters...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

It fixed the problem for another guy on a diff forum.

Cheers mate. Although it hasn't fixed the problem, it's reduced the number of times it happens (This is the first time in 3 hours it decided to read the disk!)