Sign in to follow this  
-s!Gm4-

Cannot install any beta patch

Hey folks.

Since it fixes several bugs and so forth, I wanted to install the latest beta patch.

Unfortunately it wont let me.

After the packed archive / installer is expanded, it tells me that my "Arma is not installed on this computer or the installation may be damaged".

This problem occured also with any previous beta patches I tried.

Now, I know the programm is installed and runs just fine when not trying to install this patch, thus cannot be damaged...

Before trying a complete reinstall I though I hear you for some suggestions on this matter.

So, any opinions?

Thanks for your help :)

Regards

What version of Arma 2 do you have? Boxed DVD, Steam, some direct DL site..?

Also what version of Arma 2 do you have? Yes I know it's the same question, but this time I mean the version number. Isn't English fun? Are you running 1.03?

Running 1.03, german version.

Purchased from gamesplanet.com, downloaded and burned the images on cd/dvd, installed from cd/dvd.

Hi, I purchased from gamesplanet.com too and have 1 x .exe and 4 x .bin files that i installed from HD + latest official patch ... beta patches working fine for me.

MfG

1 x .exe and 4 x .bin files that i installed from HD

MfG

Yea, that was it.. 4*bin and 1 exe. Burned them to dvd anyway because at that time i set up my system anew every 3 days and didnt want to have to d/l them every time.

Now, it'd be nice to know what exactly is checked (which eventually leads the installer to the conclusion something is damaged) right after the extraction of the beta-package.

Now, it'd be nice to know what exactly is checked (which eventually leads the installer to the conclusion something is damaged) right after the extraction of the beta-package.

I'm guessing it checks the registry for the Arma2 entries. You could check if those are there and look okay.

Now, thanks MadDogX. Your suggestion hinted me to the solution, which makes me feel kind of dumb -_-

My executable was named "arma2.exe" in the explorer.

In the registry i found that it was named "arma2.exe.exe" in full.

So messing around with the folder options few days ago - and after that, renaming my exe from crysis64 to arma2.exe - messed things up for me because the file's endings were now hidden (when they were not before...)

Well, thanks again for your help (cant still believe that i just forgot to check on the names -_-)

Topic may be closed! (or even better: deleted, to hide/cover my stupidity ;) )

Now, thanks MadDogX.

No problem. :)

My executable was named "arma2.exe" in the explorer.

In the registry i found that it was named "arma2.exe.exe" in full.

So messing around with the folder options few days ago - and after that, renaming my exe from crysis64 to arma2.exe - messed things up for me because the file's endings were now hidden (when they were not before...)

Interesting. It's an easy enough mistake to make, which makes me wonder if other people have done the same thing and caused similar problems. Definitely worth remembering this as a possible cause the next time someone posts about being unable to install a patch. ;)

Edited by MadDogX

Thanks for this, I've got the same problem. Going to try what you said to do MadDogX and we'll see if it works.