Sign in to follow this  
mugaben

Suddently server issues.

All of a sudden, our server went down and has been for allmost 24 hours :butbut: . It started to appear as a red cross, and after a few minutes and resets - nothing. Server location tried to reset, admins - me included tried stopping / starting. Still nothing.

Even remote IP join doesnt get us anywhere - though i sometimes get a "waiting for host" for eternity.

Take a look at our server.cfg, and see if somethings wrong (Allthought, it did work so I dont see how that can happen.)

//

// server.cfg

//

// comments are written with "//" in front of them.

// GLOBAL SETTINGS

hostname="DeadEcho.dk Clan Server"; // The name of the server that shall be displayed in the public server list

password="x"; // Password for joining, eg connecting to the server

passwordAdmin="x"; // Password to become server admin. When you're in Arma MP and connected to the server, type '#login x'

reportingIP="arma2pc.master.gamespy.com"; // This is the default setting. If you change this, your server might not turn up in the public list. Leave empty for private servers

logFile="server_console.log"; // Tells ArmA-server where the logfile should go and what it should be called

// WELCOME MESSAGE ("message of the day")

// It can be several lines, separated by comma

// Empty messages "" will not be displayed at all but are only for increasing the interval

motd[]={

"", "", "",

"Velkommen til Dead Echo's Klan Server",

"",

"",

"",

};

motdInterval=5; // Time interval (in seconds) between each message

// JOINING RULES

checkfiles[]={ // Checks if these files are equal to the servers files. If one or more is not, player will be kicked from server

"HWTL\dta\data3d.pbo",

"dta\data3d.pbo",

};

maxPlayers=14; // Maximum amount of players. Civilians and watchers, beholder, bystanders and so on also count as player.

kickDuplicate = 1; // Each ArmA version has its own ID. If kickDuplicate is set to 1, a player will be kicked when he joins a server where another player with the same ID is playing.

verifySignatures = 1; // Verifies the players files by checking them with the .bisign signatures. Works properly from 1.08 on

equalModRequired = 0; // Outdated. If set to 1, player has to use exactly the same -mod= startup parameter as the server.

// VOTING

voteMissionPlayers = 1; // Tells the server how many people must connect so that it displays the mission selection screen.

voteThreshold = 0.33; // 33% or more players need to vote for something, for example an admin or a new map, to become effective

// INGAME SETTINGS

disableVoN = 1; // If set to 1, Voice over Net will not be available

vonCodecQuality = 0; // Quality from 1 to 10

persistent = 1; // If 1, missions still run on even after the last player disconnected.

// SCRIPTING ISSUES

onUserConnected = ""; // self-explaining

onUserDisconnected = "";

doubleIdDetected = "";

regularCheck = "";

// some ArmA specific stuff - signature verification

onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0)"; // unsigned data detected

onHackedData = "ban (_this select 0)"; // tampering of the signature detected

onDifferentData = ""; // data with a valid signature, but different version than the one present on server detected

BattlEye = 1; //Server to use BattlEye system

// MISSIONS CYCLE (see below)

class Missions

{

};

Have you read the topics in the multiplayer forum, Gamespy f'ed up the servers a few days ago and you need to manually change something in your config.

Thats not it. Thats just for showing up the game in the browser. (arma2pc.master.gamespy.com)

Apperantly, the server doesnt work when we upload addons to "addons" folder. Even though it have worked that way. Now it wont appear when doing it like that.

I suddenly also got poblems with my server. I found out it no longer was listenening on UDP port 2303, but on 2304 for gamespy reporting. More about this posted here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1431120&postcount=12

Update:

This problem was caused by my firewall. It prevented me to browse my own hosted server. Tried from an outside network and it showed perfectly. So it has been working all the time. My cisco router just tricked me :)

Still why everyone says you have to forward port 2303 to the server is a mystery to me. Server do not listen on this port! It only listen to 2302, 2304, 2305 (if you use default port 2302). Use netstat -a to show ports in use.

Edited by bernt