Sign in to follow this  
sas troop

"Scattering" textures (mainly trees)

I found strange trouble in my ArmA 2

Well, actually, my trees are... scattering?

Just take a look:

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t198/sastroop/arma2.jpg

I found this problem in my Armed Assault, but I had Radeon X1950 256MB :P

It was probably lack of VRAM.

Now, my computer is:

Quad Q9550 4 x 2,83GhZ

4GB RAM

Radeon HD4890 1GB DDR5 Vapor-X cooling

And old one WIndows XP 32bit (so I have 3,25GR RAM actually)

And here are my setting:

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t198/sastroop/arma3.jpg

I tried to put all to v.high. There is very small difference, and not always anyway. Someone knows how to cause this trouble?

scattering?? Not sure what you mean?

Me either. the screenshot might as well be of the Mona Lisa for all it tells us. "Do ya see that?" Yep. Trees.

I thinkm what the OP is refering to is the filling out and thinning of trees as you move toward and further away from them. made all the more obvious when you zoom. if this is the case then you need to learn to live with it. it's the Arma way! the trees in GTA4 do much the same thing, but you don't spend half your time in a forest in GTA4!

if this isn't the issue then please enlighten us OP because your post makes no sense at all.

if thats what he means , then its better with the AF in the CCC and objects textures on veryhigh too. I just tell myself its the leaves/branches moving...,but it is the way the light reflects of them,... a bit to much..

The fix for this is to turn up Object Detail to High or Very High. The only problem with that is it kills performance big time. I have to use Normal on 3ghz Quad core and SLI 9800gtx's :(

Well, its not killing performance for me, but I cant see bigger changes. Is ArmA 2 working with Radeons 48XX property?

Well, its not killing performance for me, but I cant see bigger changes. Is ArmA 2 working with Radeons 48XX property?
works fine.