Sign in to follow this  
Zixinus

Boot camp bug: MOUNT course can't end (v1.03)

I have a:

Asrock 4DualCore-SATA2 mobo

Intel Duo E4600

2 gigs of DDR2 ram

XFX 4850HD with one 1 gig of VRAM

SoundBlaster Audigy SE 5.1

Maxtor 6YO80L0 ATA

SAMSUNG HD250HJ ATA

LG DVD-RW

Windows Vista Home Basic

Every driver is up to date and every service pack is up.

My problem: Complete all pre-driving tasks (I scored high on the shooting range), and engaged in the MOUT (or was it MOUNT?) course. I took the M16 with scope and grenade launcher (even though I never quite figured out how to aim the d*ed thing) In a moment of sheer stupid bravado, I took the car I came in , driven up to the lighthouse and shot every soldier that could be seen in the town. I've waited for a shot to crack but appearently, I've killed all six members of Saber team.

So, I go down to the waypoint and I get a messege to no leave the mission area. So I run. And I get a messege that the training is over and the screen showing that I've failed the MOUT course.

What's weird, is that I also have appearently a double killcount or at least far more than six people

Oh and "survive the poacher" missions (goat, the second map): what am I supposed to do, aside not dying? I ran 2 kilomteres away from the waypoint but nothing happens even if I speed up the game 4x. I run back and find two guys with guns. I thought they were friendly forest people because they have not yet shot me. I brush up against them and ignore me. Still nothing. Then I walk away a bit, only for one of the guys to turn and shoot me. What is going on?

Edited by Zixinus

Did you forget to do the rocket training?

P.S: It's MOUT.. Millitary Operations on Urban Terrain.

Did you read my post correctly? It has nothing to do with rockets. I did the MOUT course and was not able to finish it.

I've tried it another way as well, and the game does not appear to register that I've killed all of SABER team.

And to confound the anti-tank training: in one game I went for the MOUT first, in another I did the tubes first and then the MOUT.

I'd like to complete the boot camp missions.

EDIT: A minor clarification.

Edited by Zixinus

Did you forget to do the rocket training?

Are you trying to annoy me? Read me post!

First you kill SABER team.

Then you kill the Warlord (I think that's his title)

Then you kill the sniper.

Then the mission is over.

Warlord can be found prone in the long grass just outside of the hamlet toward the light house.

The sniper is prone on the side of a road, next to a red car. If you are facing the lighthouse it will be the forward right corner of the hamlet.

I'm at work so I cant give you bearings etc but I'm pretty sure you'll get it.

Are you trying to annoy me? Read me post!

You have to do the rocket training as well. If you complete MOUT and not the rocket training you cannot complete boot camp.

Keep looking for SABRE team members. Kill them.

You have to do the rocket training as well. If you complete MOUT and not the rocket training you cannot complete boot camp.

I'm going to ask again: did you read my post? I tried the same mission several times, once even doing the rocket course before I entered the MOUT.

I have finished this level in the demo. I can't finish it in the full game (well, I'm going to go and give it another try anyway).

Keep looking for SABRE team members. Kill them.

I did. I even stood in the middle of the town, throwing grenades and shootings things to get any enemy's attention. Nothing happened. I also counted six corpses.

EDIT:

I tried again and went my way trough.

I've gone in and killed all of team SABRE, I repeat, I have killed and hidden the body of all six SABRE team members! Two rifleman, one machinegunner, one grenader, one marksman in a gillie suit and one dude in a brimmed hat with a makarov and a binocolours.

Yes, I have done the rocket course beforehand.

The game is bugged. Again. I am happy to supply my save file if it would help some.

Edited by Zixinus