Sign in to follow this  
BOLLY123

Cant play online!!!

Hi everyone,

I bought the game yesterday, did a standard install and with my setup i can run everything on high or very high with no probs.

BUT when it comes to playing on online no servers so up when selected the interent option, has anyone had similar problems?

Ive heard i might need to open some ports but when it comes to things like that im a complete NOOB! ive also disabled my firewall with no luck

Please help

Thanks

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

Anyone?

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

Im getting no where plzzz help

Edited by BOLLY123

you only have windows Firewall? No Antivirus ect, and what OS do you have? Are you sure your not using "Lan" instaed of "Internet" in the multiplayer screen?

you only have windows Firewall? No Antivirus ect, and what OS do you have? Are you sure your not using "Lan" instaed of "Internet" in the multiplayer screen?

No Anti virus, OS home edition 2002 service pack 3, using internet not lan

And thanks for the reply

you are the Admin? the arma2.exe may have been blocked on a different level., this is with a fully patched version? And which type, CD/505, Steam? or the german version?

Yes full admin, CD/505 bought yesterday in the UK and fully patched to 1.03 today

trun your FW back on, Open it up and look at Exceptions, if there is a arma2 in there make sure it is checked, and then go ahead and "add program" it again by browsing to it, the arma2.exe. If for some wacky reason you have to "change scope", you will want to let the internet to see it.

Ok ive turned it back it was in the Exceptions alreadt ( did that earlier ) deleted it and re-added it and checked the scope, when into game and no internet servers still, do i have to change anything in the filter section as its all default, or do i have to set up a account<-- noobie question but trying to cover all basis!

Thanks for your help so far

no it should show up, tho sometimes i flip back and forth from Lan to internet and or Full and PW settings. Do you have a router? and in the Win FW settings arma2 edit, "Change scope" set to "Any computer [including those on the Internet]

I have a BT Home Hub router, and i changed to scope "Any computer [including those on the Internet], its so frustrating! I've never had this problem before, played bf2-cod4 etc etc

Im on wifi, and i can access my routers settings, tell me what needs to be done and ill give it a go pal

use my link i sent ya, chk port forward,

i think the range for arma2 is 2302,2303,and 2304 UDP

Ok thanks, ill have a go, thanks for your help

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

EDITED: tried those ports and it didnt work

Have you tried making sure that you don't have some kind of filter set on the MP menu? Just incase.

Hi Steakslim

would it be possible to see have a screenshot of your filter settings

thanks

Posted this in ur other thread too

my settings are listed below where I have blank I mean nothing is shown in that box, these settings give me only local good ping servers.

and I assume you are using 1.03

host = blank

max ping = 150

min players = 0

max players= 0

mission = blank

type = blank

full servers = show

passworded = hide