Sign in to follow this  
donricknl

Help. nothing happend

hi guys,

i just bought ArmA2 today and run in a little problem,

i installed the game, and try to launch it, gues what?, nothing happend.

so uninstalled the game, everything gone.

again installed the game, try to launch it, again nothing is happening

i hope you have somekind of solution for it, where you cane help me with,

thanks,

Rick

3th KCT

NLRDA

Are you by anychance getting the check boxes that count up just before it launches, also are you running the game in admin mode.

Whats your rigs specs mate

Intel core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.0 Ghz

BFG Tech GTX 285 OC to core 683 MHz. . mem 1247 MHz

Asus P5N-D 750i

4 GB Corsair DDR2 XMS 800

EZ COOL 700W psu

Maxtor HDD

Windows Vista 64bit

ARMA 2 MARK 3207 with high and med settings

no i dont event get the check boxes, and look in the forum and someone had the samething, but he get check boxes, something he said with USB XBOX360 gamepad? dont know,

Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz

SAPPHIRE RADEON 9600 ATLANTIS

Rick

3th KCT

NLRDA

Hi donricknl

On the cover of the disc box and here minimum specs:

CPU: Dual Core Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz / Intel Core 2.0 GHz / AMD Athlon 3200+ or faster

RAM: 1 GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 / ATI Radeon 1800 with Shader Model 3 and 256 MB VRAM or faster

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2#Minimal_PC_Requirements

And here:

http://www.arma2.com/user-support/support_en.html

no i dont event get the check boxes, and look in the forum and someone had the samething, but he get check boxes, something he said with USB XBOX360 gamepad? dont know,

Rick

3th KCT

NLRDA

My use of bold in the quote

Your CPU is not up to minimum specs

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

not compatible with the game.

read the "system requirements" before you buy ;(

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

your CPU is not powerfull enough to run the game with good FPS. even if you would have a good 3d card, the CPU would limit your performance at 10-20 frames per second.

your GPU does not support pixel shaders 3. that's why the game is not launching.

ok thanks guys,

so i have to buy a new CPU,

if you can tell me witch one is the best,

Rick

3th KCT

NLRDA

actually your CPU is ok (just barely). Your vid card is below spec though. But it's AGP (newer cards use PCI-e) and they're not made anymore. Really you need a whole new system to enjoy Arma2 at any acceptable FPS

It's not your CPU that is the main issue, your video card is.

I'm afraid upgrading won't be the easiest - your motherboard will probably need to be changed due to outdated CPU socket (= you'll need new RAM) and same deal with the power supply unit which is most likely too weak.

Rick

3th KCT

NLRDA

My use of bold in quoted text

Hi all

Just to reiterate the primary problem is the CPU; it is a Pentium 4 which is primarily a single core CPU unless it is a late model Pentium D or Pentium Extreme Edition which were just about dual-core CPUs. They began at clock speeds of 3.2 GHz and 3.46 GHz respectively back in 2005 to 2006. Since 3.00GHz is the stated specs and Pentium D or Pentium Extreme Edition were not big sellers, though they were popular with overclockers. I would suggest that the CPU is very unlikely to be dual core.

ArmA II minimum specs requires a dual core processor.

And

No Use For A Name & Deadfast take note.

[edit] I found that there was a 2005 edition of the Pentium 4 D that was 3.00GHz but it is unclear as to whether it was only running on one core rather than 2[/edit]

Even if it was one these very early Dual core processors it is way below the Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz two core limit of the minimum specs for ArmA 2.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker
Found a version of the pentium D that was 3Ghz

My use of bold in quoted text

Hi all

Just to reiterate the primary problem is the CPU; it is a Pentium 4 which is primarily a single core CPU unless it is a late model Pentium D or Pentium Extreme Edition which were just about dual-core CPUs. They began at clock speeds of 3.2 GHz and 3.46 GHz respectively back in 2005 to 2006. Since 3.00GHz is the stated specs and Pentium D or Pentium Extreme Edition were not big sellers, though they were popular with overclockers. I would suggest that the CPU is very unlikely to be dual core.

ArmA II minimum specs requires a dual core processor.

And

No Use For A Name & Deadfast take note.

[edit] I found that there was a 2005 edition of the Pentium 4 D that was 3.00GHz but it is unclear as to whether it was only running on one core rather than 2[/edit]

Even if it was one these very early Dual core processors it is way below the Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz two core limit of the minimum specs for ArmA 2.

Kind Regards walker

My single core P4 ran the game o.k., there are a few other users on the forums using P4 -and this guy:

Thanks to Hyper Threading there are two threads available (task manager shows 2 CPUs) but in reality there is only one physical core.

Edited by xmongx

Just to reiterate the primary problem is the CPU;

No, it isn't.

The main issue is his Radeon 9600 (from 2002!) which does not support Shader Model 3.0.

With a weak CPU you can at least launch the game, with SM 2.0 you can't even do that.

Minimal PC Requirements

* CPU: Dual Core Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz / Intel Core 2.0 GHz / AMD Athlon 3200+ or faster

so there's two types of P4's? (single and dual cores?) I did not know that. But either way like Deadfast said his card doesn't support SM3, and that's kind of a big problem

Yep. The main problem is the 9600 (ATI) not to be confused with the 9600 (nVidia). With that card the game won't even attempt to launch.

And yes, there's two types of P4. The P4 D's were the first to introduce dual core, and while they're lacking in a lot of features (including a smaller L2 cache) they usually outperform the low end Core 2's, although they're not nearly as overclockable as their core 2 bretheren.