Sign in to follow this  
Wags

Skype wont allow the game to play?

Hello! I'm new to the forums. I think this is the appropriate forums to post in, if not, I am sorry.

Anyways, I just recently downloaded the demo of ArmA 2 and while messing around with it I found out that ArmA 2 doesn't work with Skype running. What would happen is I would click on the desktop icon for the ArmA 2 demo, it would start up, then quickly minimize and would stay minimized. I couldn't unminimize it. But then I disabled Skype and clicked on the minimized window, and it ran fine.

Would anybody happen to know why this is? Has anybody had this issue before? Is there a fix?

I don't have the demo but ArmA2 runs just fine here when skype is running. Strange issue though and I haven't heard about it until now.

I've used ArmA2 while talking across Skype, so it works for me. Haven't tried the demo though.

This sounds like a known problem with an older build of Skype, not restricted to ArmA 2.

Updating Skype to a later version should sort it out.

Alternatively, on Skype, if you go to Tools/Options/General Settings, and under 'Visual style of the window' click 'Classic Windows' and then save - It should be fine.