Sign in to follow this  
DaGreek

Driving Route Overlay on terrain

Just got ARMA 2 last week. Thought I'd wait for the 'big' bugs to get squished... :p

I thought that in ARMA while playing a mission if you set a far off destination/waypoint you'd get an optional overlay on the terrain with a plotted route for you on the roads. Can't figure out how to get this in ARMA 2. While more realistic without it I've gotten lost driving across Chernarus and it's annoying to switch between Map/FP because of the delay.

Perhaps I've been playing too much MSFS (taxi guidance) or I just remember wrong from the ARMA campaign days. Never used this in MP, just the Single player campaign (primarily the missions that had us driving into northern Saharani).

Regards,

Da Greek

An interesting point there DaGreek. It would be nice to see the route, albeit for a few seconds before fading.

What we need is the ability to set several waypoints for our troops that are NOT in High Command mode. That would help immensely.

I agree completely. What I usually do is I have friend navigate for me. But sometimes that can be bad if you're by yourself.

Ofcourse ARMA2 supports completelly visible waypoints and fading ones. Just drive to the next and they change. Pretty much all you need. :)