Sign in to follow this  
swampthing

postprocessing turns on 3d vision

For some reason all of a sudden having post processing on in game turns on what i think is nvidia 3d vision. The game is really blurry and instead of one star in the sky you see three, a white a blue and a red.

This is all well and good but i don't even have 3d vision. I uninstalled the 3d vision driver because it used to default on with World of warcraft as well, but even with it uninstalled arma 2 is still using it.

How the heck do i turn this off

By 'disabling' it .

And LoL . It's not 3d vision, it is supposed to represent the fact that when you look at something close by , crap behind it tends to get blurrier.

However, in real life, whenever i look at something else , that will get sharp.

Not in this game though. (or any game that is) .

So when you look in the distance , everything is still blurry .

It actually hurts my eyes after only a couple of seconds, so best leave post processing off.

By 'disabling' it .

And LoL . It's not 3d vision, it is supposed to represent the fact that when you look at something close by , crap behind it tends to get blurrier.

However, in real life, whenever i look at something else , that will get sharp.

Not in this game though. (or any game that is) .

So when you look in the distance , everything is still blurry .

It actually hurts my eyes after only a couple of seconds, so best leave post processing off.

Uh yeah it is nvidia 3d vision. Everything has a red and blue clone of itself. I'm not stupid enough to mistake depth of field blurring for nvidia 3d vision.

Well that's VERY weird than .

I have no idea swampthing . Good luck with it .

One thing though, don't you like the game better with that godawful post processing nonsense crap turned off ?

It not hurt your eyes ?

Probably something is stuck from a previous driver installation. Download Driver Sweeper, uninstall your current driver (including PhysX, 3D vision) using the control panel.

Then reboot into safemode, run Driver Sweeper to remove any leftovers and reboot to install the newest drivers again. I recommend 160.62, had some pretty good results with those. To be safe, uninstall 3D Vision immediately after the driver installed it, even before you reboot.