Sign in to follow this  
Drew

Commanche

'Comanche'. 1 x 'm'.

Sorry for being a sp nazi, but I see this one sooo often and it grind me up :)

Commache, there he is!

Only cant get it running it says.. Addon 76_VDV requires version 1.08 of application

Did al things needed twice..

Friend of my got it running..

*sigh*

If you have nothing constructive to add to a thread, then don't post at all.

this is quite the awesome mod, 2 things that need worked on, Switch the pilot to the back seat and gunner in the front seat, and when you tell people to mount up on it, it shows as Ah-1. Other than that its truely fun to fly :D

If you have nothing constructive to add to a thread, then don't post at all.

Wouldn't hurt to remember that...

well, i'm impressed on all levels!

not only does it look like something you'd see in Halo (excluding rotors of course) but it also has exceptional AG capability on the scout, it can take out an SU-34 mid-flight, and it can blow up a tank (even an M1A2) in one shot with the AT variant! 11/5!

Really nice work! This was going to be my next project, looks like I need to find an alternative choice. Very nice though, love the pilot HUD. Couldn't find how to activate the MFD map though...anybody else had that working ?

Strange you added this, wasn't the commanche project abandoned before it really started? Anywho it looks like a lovely skin and model - nice work!

Vary nice Chopper nice work. Iv got an Bug though i cant close the weapon bay doors when i do click on close bay doors the gunner opens them back up, gunner keeps the weapon bay doors open at all times.

That's because the gunner is set to AWARE or COMBAT. Set him to SAFE and he will close the bay.

That's because the gunner is set to AWARE or COMBAT. Set him to SAFE and he will close the bay.

I tried that with a friend as the gunner, doesnt work.

Also another bug, the bay doors somehow killed him when we randomly started pressing scroll button to close/open bay doors.

Also is it possible to make the chopper fire only when bay doors are open ? since you can do that even if they are closed.

It wont work at all on me. Its saying, Addon 76_VDV requires version 1.08 of application when i start amra.

Any1 knows what the problem is?

It wont work at all on me. Its saying, Addon 76_VDV requires version 1.08 of application when i start amra.

i think you downloaded teh arma1 version.

The download is the same, the "key" is the config u use, one is for arma and another is for arma2

GREAT addon!

"Back to the cold war" feeling with this helicopter!

Fantastic work, BIG THANK YOU!

A2_RAH66_k.jpg

MfG Lee

Edited by Lee_H._Oswald

I haven't tried any mods yet (this included), but I wonder by looking at the pictures if the landing gear works?

yes, landing gear retracts on speed/height :)

PLease re-download the addon, because no such class is included in the DKMM RAH-66 conversion package. Looks like the message belongs to the 45th VDV package.

Actually this bird was converted for A1, but I have added a repl-config for A2. I have already requested permission from rastavovic for 2 other addonmakers to continue the Comanche, because of a new profession, I will retire from modding.

BR,

mike

:edit:

Really nice work! This was going to be my next project, looks like I need to find an alternative choice. Very nice though, love the pilot HUD. Couldn't find how to activate the MFD map though...anybody else had that working ?

MFD map support is for CWR-islands / Sahrani / UTES light and Chernarus light versions only (at the moment).

Please to not stop any projects, because someone else released a similar looking. This chopper is focused on A1 (1'st LOD includes 3.2k faces only), so you can focus on A2 features (hit effects, wrecks, super shader etc.). I am sure your Comanche will be top notch, when you model one ;)

Edited by modEmMaik

Yea it's nice and looking good from outside but I'm not using it because the cockpit has to become more detailed. Reminds me on wing commander at the moment ^^

wing-commander.jpg

...because the cockpit has to become more detailed. Reminds me on wing commander at the moment ^^

http://blog.pricegrabber.co.uk/buttonsmasher/files/2008/03/wing-commander.jpg

And exact this shows, that there is no need for hyper-high-res graphics to have fun!

This addon made me enjoy playing arma2, which isn't very easy with this game...

MfG Lee ;)

Nice model, not sure about the HUD, since they used HIDASS for it. The pilot sits at the back and you need to add the animation for the gun being folded away when in stealth mode. Other than that, freaking awesome heli, been waiting for this.

Is there a way to manual control the landing gear?

Kind of stupid flying very low, sneaking towards the unknown enemies, trusting your "stealth abilities" while having the landing gears down.

It would be great to use the "gear up/down" mapped keys on my joystick.

Another idea: Is it possible to control the weapon bay via the "flaps up/down" keys?

MfG Lee