Sign in to follow this  
Drew

Commanche

Strange you added this, wasn't the commanche project abandoned before it really started? Anywho it looks like a lovely skin and model - nice work!

Yeah the Commanche project was cancelled by the U.S. Army. Very sad as it had enormous potential....but ultimately too expensive as it was designed to penetrate Russian air defenses rather then to hunt down insurgents. Still its fun to fly them in the game just for fantasy purposes.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Yea it's nice and looking good from outside but I'm not using it because the cockpit has to become more detailed. Reminds me on wing commander at the moment ^^

what do u mean? the thing's cockpit has to be one of the most detailed choppers out there, I mean look at the HUD its quite impressive if u ask me

is it possible to make the chopper fire only when bay doors are open ? since you can do that even if they are closed.

The gun can be fired w/ doors closed, but missles and rockets can only be selected when doors are open, and it automatically switches to laser designator when doors close to avoid any mishaps ;)

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Is there a way to manual control the landing gear?

Kind of stupid flying very low, sneaking towards the unknown enemies, trusting your "stealth abilities" while having the landing gears down.

It would be great to use the "gear up/down" mapped keys on my joystick.

Another idea: Is it possible to control the weapon bay via the "flaps up/down" keys?

MfG Lee

no and no, you have to use keyboard, and also you have to activate auto hover for take off so you don't fly right into your hangar lol :D

Edited by Blueteamguy

what do u mean? the thing's cockpit has to be one of the most detailed choppers out there, I mean look at the HUD its quite impressive if u ask me

Except it didn't have HUD, it used HIDASS.

:cool:yeh i think you should incoporate an animation that draws the gun in when in stealth mode :D

It can't do that IRL

Edited by Blueteamguy

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQH8ycuD4iA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQH8ycuD4iA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Would it be possible to increase tail rotor effect? And would this make it easier to fly sideways and do all those crazy manoeuvres?

It can't do that

Is "it" a type for "I", cos i believe the Comanche could draw its gun in, infact after playing Enemy Engaged, the gun draws in when in stealth. The animation has the cannon spin around 180degs, the pull up and bay doors close. The prototype may haven not been able to but i think the idea was that it did.

This comanche feature is good documented, but the gameengine gives full maingun control to the user only. BWMod fixed this on their Gepard:

The model includes a hidden structure that replaces the spinning radar, to do the "turn-off/on" animation. Same can be implemented to the comanche's gatling.

But hat needs some scripts, which I avoided in this release to reduce the complexity and ensure compatibilty to other addons / AI-fixes etc.

I am not sure about the tailrotor manipulations, but the config offers some items (e.g. min/max/neutralBackRotorDive).

Manual control of the landing gear can be implemented, but there are some problems, when the AI pilots the chopper (see MH53E first release).

@modEmMaik: please, please release a fix for ARMA 1 with manual gear control i crashed 5 times because of the automatic landing gear in your comanche and a hundred times with the KA-50 from BIS in low an slow flying it´s realy a pain in the A..

Is a Version with EFAM´s planned?

@Drew: for my knowledge the gunner sits in the back of the RAH-66 in Real Life so why changing this?

Edited by Gunny24

Manual control of the landing gear can be implemented, but there are some problems, when the AI pilots the chopper (see MH53E first release).

I could live with an action menu entry like "switch to manual/automatic gear".

God, this helicopter is so much fun!

MfG Lee :)

Is "it" a type for "I", cos i believe the Comanche could draw its gun in, infact after playing Enemy Engaged, the gun draws in when in stealth. The animation has the cannon spin around 180degs, the pull up and bay doors close. The prototype may haven not been able to but i think the idea was that it did.

I meant it can't do that in real life

Ahem.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAH-66_Comanche:

It incorporated stealth features to avoid detection, such as retractable weapon stations and main gun, and stealth faceting and radar absorbent materials.

http://tri.army.mil/LC/CS/csa/cpcomanc.htm

"To reduce radar cross-section, weapons can be carried internally, the gun can be rotated aft and stowed within a fairing behind the turret when not in use, and the landing gear are fully-retractable."

cpcomtur.gif

Also the AT version should have the added side wings, to carry up to 12 Hellfires.

Edited by MadCatChiken

@all: does anyone know what i have to add for an countermeasure function?

and manual gear?

I agree about a sidewinds version, so it can carry more hellfires.

Or at least make the actual version stealth to the radar, so they cant lock on (dunno if its possible, but i guess so)

@modEmMaik: please, please release a fix for ARMA 1 with manual gear control i crashed 5 times because of the automatic landing gear in your comanche and a hundred times with the KA-50 from BIS in low an slow flying it´s realy a pain in the A..

Is a Version with EFAM´s planned?

@Drew: for my knowledge the gunner sits in the back of the RAH-66 in Real Life so why changing this?

Exactly what I was going to ask, though I was going to call them "optional stub wings", since it's been a long time since my days of playing "Comanche Gold" on Win95 (Best Heli sim, ever!)

But yes, is a version with the EFAMs planned so it can hold more armaments, and maybe a method of making it stealth?

Exactly what I was going to ask, though I was going to call them "optional stub wings", since it's been a long time since my days of playing "Comanche Gold" on Win95 (Best Heli sim, ever!)

But yes, is a version with the EFAMs planned so it can hold more armaments, and maybe a method of making it stealth?

you might recognize this then :P

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQH8ycuD4iA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQH8ycuD4iA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Addon is very awesome. But the cockpit equipment looks so paper-like. Hud is perfect but the switches and measures are stretched strange and stuff.

I know it will not look like this : http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/comanche/images/comanche9.jpg

But at the moment cockpit isn't even nearly like that.

Or do I have another comanche version in my link ?

Plz tell me then =/

I see this bird popping up in numerous videos I have been trying to get in contact with Cyborg112 who apparently has the bird at the moment. I have made new rotor sounds/engine sounds ect anyone else interested in developing this bird further for arma 2?

I would very much like see version with more variable loadout in the bay as the pods were intended for various missiles (4 hellfires and 2-4 stingers). This is only thing i miss, otherwise its great addon.

I dunno if this project is even still active. There might be someone else working on a Commanche though.