Sign in to follow this  
foxer

Saddam hussein is paying $25,000 to the relatives

I guess he doesn't like peace ,25,000 goes along .I thought his people were hungering,and they had no money to buy food.

Here's the link

sorry forgot to post the link.

To them that 25,000 must go for like 75,000 over there.

complains sanctions are making his people starve

pays $25,000 to palestinians

right.....

$10m in total, how much food would that provide for his own people?

That all sounds very unbelievable to me. Perheps it is a part of some 'lets attack Iraq' propaganda.

Yet another of the stories where we'll never really know confused.gif

mad.gif Nice.....very nice....The Iraqi population is starving and this guy gives out half a million US to scuicide bombers. WTF is NATO waiting for? Could you make it any clearer that he's sponsoring terrorism?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Mar. 27 2002,01:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">mad.gif Nice.....very nice....The Iraqi population is starving and this guy gives out half a million US to scuicide bombers. WTF is NATO waiting for? Could you make it any clearer that he's sponsoring terrorism?<span id='postcolor'>

I assume that that is exactly what this story is supposed to make you say.

I wouldn't however put too much credibility in it. It is a bit too good timing for it. Sounds more like a propaganda ploy (from NATO). The article is also a bit too senationalistic to be taken seriously. For instance this quote from the article shows it:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Saddam's answer to the "peace process" is a fat check to the suicide bombers' families and the destruction of the evil Hebrews. And the Palestinian authorities don't seem to have any problem doling out that dirty money ... in U.S. dollars. <span id='postcolor'>

I have a hard time seing it as professional journalism. It's more like something from a tabloid, and it is from the FOX network.

i agree with denoir..not so long ago there was a report of a us POW in iraq...after 11 years?

there is a war coming, and propaganda is a part of all wars...true or not, i would be suprised if this information didnt have its origin from pentagon.

what i know about the sanctions is that they dont get money for the oil, they get food for oil...there was lots of problems with the food distribution cos of that, but i dont have the links to where i read it anymore.

if saddam really pays that extra money it is from his own pocket.

he is the leader of the nation, not the father for it...before anyone starts saying that he should use his money (he should, really, but he doesnt have to) to end the starvation among his people...i dont see bush feed the homeless in usa with his own money.

personally i just put it as a propaganda thing...i wouldnt be suprised, in fact im really tired of the media...they are a part of the military machine since long time ago (of course not all..).

Zowieso, i think that every country where the people are starving and only eat mud, the government of that country should not put money in their army. A lot of "poor" country have Grant Army.

Meesa Saddam Hussein. Meesa gotta Grand Army.

Whoosa are yousa?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Mar. 27 2002,02:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's more like something from a tabloid, and it is from the FOX network.<span id='postcolor'>

yup....that says it all...from FOX network!

ABC is following FOX's footstep with that bachelor thingy...poor Peter Jennings

And even if he does this he can always claim that he gives the money cuz the cuiside bomber was the breadwinner in the family and he is being nice so the relatives dont starve and that he never meant it as an encouragement to go and blow yourself up. If this is his explanation most of the middle east countries will buy it as they are allways baised to the extreme towards other muslim middle east countries. And as for spending this money on food, I doub it wuold have been spent on food at all. More likely mr husseins 45th mercedes benz or what ever.

No offence, but there are no countries where the starving people come first. The government always gets their limos and salaries and whatnot, even if some people are starving on the streets. This includes Iraq, other middle east countries, african countries, Russia, but also U.S. and E.U. countries.

Thus is pretty useless to get worked up on this particular escapade of mr. Saddam. Everybody does it.

The story is just not cover from fox news,go back to the link and click one of the underline links.

How much does saddam make though ? Bush makes something under 600,000 bucks ? Saddam money is the country money ? About oil for food program.We pay them for the oil ,than he takes the money and buys the food.

What is sad is you don't believe this story,which could be very true.

It could be but true, not very probable. Saddam has nothing to gain by it and everything to loose. Besides, he doesn't care much about Israel, he has more problems at home.

If you are going to try to bring up his SCUD:ing of israel during Desert Storm, think again. That was not about Israel. That was about the arab countrys that were allied to NATO. Saddams idea was to provoce Israel into attacking Iraq and thereby breaking the arab support for the NATO operation.

As for the article, please you can't say that it was written in a professional way. Just tabloid rubbish.

If you liked it, there is a site that I can recommend for you smile.gif :

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/

We "western" countries do live in countries where we have the choice, right? So theoretically a media station would have the choice to publish an article, right? Well i believe that an editor of this "media outlet" can choose not to publish "a piece of cr@p", right?

This is my reasoning to believe that infomation we recieve has truth in it. I have also studied islam (what they do, not the believing bit), i know they this isn't way out of order in the islamic society.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (second_draw @ Mar. 28 2002,04:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

We "western" countries do live in countries where we have the choice, right? So theoretically a media station would have the choice to publish an article, right? Well i believe that an editor of this "media outlet" can choose not to publish "a piece of cr@p", right?

<span id='postcolor'>

As if everything was that easy! Having a choice doesn't necessarily mean actually using it. Besides, who owns the media channel/newspaper has a thing or two to say as well. Not surprisingly they often do. For example, this is why there is a serious concern over the ownership of the private TV channels in Italy. One man owns all the private TV stations and at the same time he is the prime minister and controls the state owned channels. Could it possibly be that some persons will use their position to control the "free press/media"? I think so. The other factor to consider is that FOX News is a channel where objectivity and "truth" is not valued very much.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

This is my reasoning to believe that infomation we recieve has truth in it. I have also studied islam (what they do, not the believing bit), i know they this isn't way out of order in the islamic society.

<span id='postcolor'>

I also wonder how a person that has "studied Islam" would say such utter rubbish. Islam is a religion - not something people do. It is a religion, not social behavior. As a student of social anthropology I actually know that the "islamic world" is just as diverse as the christian world. However, I agree with you if you are implying that most of the arabic world has sympathy for the palestinian people.

Anyway, I find it believable that Saddam would use every oportunity to make a pr-stunt out of this misery. So did he send checks? Possibly!

Anyway, I find it believable that Saddam would use every oportunity to make a pr-stunt out of this misery. So did he send checks? Possibly!

he even sent a few million dollars to USA as aid for the american homeless people a few years back!!! LOL

this man has humour wink.gif

i dont much doubt him paying extra for the terrorists families..but i am quite sure that the report was released as a part of the propaganda war that is in all wars...

he has his reasons..he is about to be attacked by usa, so why not show more solidarity for his fellow arabs in hopes to get the same solidarity back when he is in need of it later on?

it DOESNT have to mean that he is sponsoring terrorism, even if he does it the extra money for the families can be seen as a goodhearted support for those who lost a "brave" man who made a sacrifice for his country and beliefs...

but looking at how it was reported id say its propaganda, true or not..

wow.gif5--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Pete @ Mar. 28 2002,11wow.gif5)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but looking at how it was reported id say its propaganda, true or not..

<span id='postcolor'>

I think so too. I also become so tired of people thinking they know everything just because they see themselves as self appointed experts on Islam and the arabic world. If you ask me I'd say that there is no difference in the arguments I replyed to and the worst part of Mcarthyism in the 50's. It's so simplistic and false. There's no communism to speak of anymore, so now everyone has to fight the big bad wolf - the muslims and the arabic world.

Somehow, I am beginning to get very tired of it now  sad.gif

By the way, nice to see you are still around after so many has left! smile.gif