Page 145 of 211 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 2103

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: ArmA2 / OA (low) performance issues

Anyone any idea what this supposed to do?
    I mean i kinda get the picture but anyone tried it, can recommend different values better?

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;

It's similar to the pre rendered frames you can set in nvidia control panel. Basically a buffer to mask small stutters. I dont know what 1000 does, but I recommend something really low like 0 to 2. High ammounts of pre rendered frames causes input lag.
    Arma 3 is a twitchshooter
    Needs more rainbow six 1-3

Quote Originally Posted by johntekk View Post
    Visibility: i tried everything from 1600 to 3000.
    Texture Detail: i tried everything from normal to very high (the fps in fraps doesnt change)
    Video Memory: Default or Very high (Fps doesnt change)
    Anisotropic Filtering: i tried everything from low to very high (fps doesnt change)
    Antialising: Normal (this takes effect on fps when i put it on high or very high)
    Terrain: i tried everything from normal to very high (fps doesnt change)
    Object Details: i tried everything from normal to very high (very high is 3 fps slower then normal)
    Shadow Detail: i tried everything from disabled to very high (no shadow is about 5 fps better then high. there is no fps change between high and very high)
    HDR Quality: i tried everything from normal to high (no fps changes between normal and high, very high is about 5 fps slower)
    Postprocess Effects: low (this is the only thing where the fps really change. very high in desert areas = 80 fps. low = 140 fps. in cities unplayable with very high. on low about 25 - 35 fps.
    Interface Size: Normal
    Aspect Ratio: 16:9 widescreen (24")
    Vsync: disabled
    turn off ht on your bios and add this on your short cut: -winxp -nosplash -maxmem=2047 -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7 see if helps... -winxp always gives me like 20-30 extra fps.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon86 View Post
    It's similar to the pre rendered frames you can set in nvidia control panel. Basically a buffer to mask small stutters. I dont know what 1000 does, but I recommend something really low like 0 to 2. High ammounts of pre rendered frames causes input lag.
    Cheers for clarification. Played with settings a bit, changed couple values and the difference is really significant...big time actually

Lag Problem

When i start the game, the main first screen had a lag to it. im guessing thats cause i messed around with my gaming options in my AMD control center. I thought i'd get a better picture and a nice smooth 3D rendering. Well it was total oposite. So i went back into my computer setting and defaulted my AMD gameing options. i opened the game back up. By the way i, only running arma2. i havent even been passed the first screen of the game yet. Can anyone help my so i can play this game with no lag and some sort of 3D rendering. Im a nooby to all this, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. My system is
    • AMD M880G w/ Mobility Radeon HD 4250
    • CPU: AMD Turiom II P560 Dual-Core Processor, 2.5GHz Performance Rated at:4.63GHz
    • RAM: 2.8GB

sorry kilo11, running arma on that system isnt really possible, check the link in my sig below. The gpu is way below system requirements, you might be able to play a bit with the editor, on island utes with all settings at minimum.

Anyways, if you want to play something similar, try the original "operation flashpoint, cold war crisis", they renamed it "arma, cold war assault". That should run great.

Also, rainbow six ravenshield is awesome on those kind of systems.

Quote Originally Posted by XxKilo11xX View Post
    When i start the game, the main first screen had a lag to it. im guessing thats cause i messed around with my gaming options in my AMD control center. I thought i'd get a better picture and a nice smooth 3D rendering. Well it was total oposite. So i went back into my computer setting and defaulted my AMD gameing options. i opened the game back up. By the way i, only running arma2. i havent even been passed the first screen of the game yet. Can anyone help my so i can play this game with no lag and some sort of 3D rendering. Im a nooby to all this, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. My system is
    • AMD M880G w/ Mobility Radeon HD 4250
    • CPU: AMD Turiom II P560 Dual-Core Processor, 2.5GHz Performance Rated at:4.63GHz
    • RAM: 2.8GB
    I fear you just have an underpowered system. Arma is a huge hardware hog. You hardware is just a little on the weak side for Arma's liking.

yea i feared that

Well since im new to PC gaming, and this being my first laptop ever. Is it possible to buy/upgrade my video card and install more RAM. Would that improve the game at all? If it would, then i'll just put everything to the lowest setting for now and just deal with it untill i can afford to upgrade my laptop. That looks like that would be the way to go right?

Warrant Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKilo11xX View Post
    Well since im new to PC gaming, and this being my first laptop ever. Is it possible to buy/upgrade my video card and install more RAM. Would that improve the game at all? If it would, then i'll just put everything to the lowest setting for now and just deal with it untill i can afford to upgrade my laptop. That looks like that would be the way to go right?
    You can upgrade RAM in a laptop, but you can't really upgrade the GPU. It's possible, but not very fun....

You have to find the right GPU to fit into your laptop.

I would recomend saving up to $1,000 and then custom build yourself a desktop computer. It is very cheap to build a high-powered desktop computer yourself.

Case
    Motherboard
    Power Supply
    Central Processing Unit (CPU)
    Graphics Processing Unit (GPU)
    Sound Card (Most motherboards now days have pretty good sound on board.)
    Hard Drive
    DVD Reader/Writer
    Mouse
    Keyboard
    Speakers
    22" Monitor

You may need a bit more money to get really good gear. About $1,500 would probably cover it all.
    Last edited by Nicholas; Jan 16 2012 at 04:47.
    "The greatest way to avenge your enemy is by learning to forgive." - Takashi Tanemori

Arma 2, OA: Program stops working

I have a few questions about various problems I have had with arma. I absolutely love the game, and want to submerge myself in it a little deeper. The problem is, I have yet to get it to run properly. Sometimes Arma runs great, and other times it crashes. I played last night for four hours without any problems. I went to play today and it crashed within five minutes. It just says program stopped working. It locks up my mouse and I have to go to task manager. First off I bought reinforcements, but I found out that I needed arma 2 for the more expansive multiplayer modes. This forced me to buy combined ops from sprocket. So I uninstalled reinforcements and installed the sprocket version of combined ops. System = intel (r) core (im) i3 cpu 530@2.93 GHz. Installed Memory (ram) 2.00GB. 64 bit. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti. Primary monitor resolution 1176/664. Does anyone have a solution to my problem? Is it the Sprocket version? Should I just install sprocket Arma 2 and then reinforcements to arma 2 directory? Will that still permit me to play on servers running lite versions? Is there something I need to do to optimize? I really need some help. Thanks in advance.

Page 145 of 211 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195 ... LastLast