R3fl3x

ArmA2 / OA (low) performance issues

Hi all

whats should i set in Video memory? I have GTX 260 Core216 55nm with 896MB DDR3.Someone said that default, someone said Very High ???

My rig:

Q6600@3.2GHz

EX38-DQ6

4x1GB DDR2@960MHz

GTX260@SSC@AceleroXtremeGtx280

I had the same question awhile back, so I used Fraps ingame and tried several settings. Very High worked better than Default or High for me.

I have the same card (mine is a Galaxy) and I use Very High for video memory.

Hi all

whats should i set in Video memory? I have GTX 260 Core216 55nm with 896MB DDR3.Someone said that default, someone said Very High ???

My rig:

Q6600@3.2GHz

EX38-DQ6

4x1GB DDR2@960MHz

GTX260@SSC@AceleroXtremeGtx280

Campaign missions are extremely demanding on the CPU, especially missions like Manhatten and the ones further on in the campaign due to the large number of AI. Generally dual cores will get about 22-28 fps in those missions, quad cores (especially intel) get around 30-35.

Outside the campaign you'll find much better performance, unless you create a mission with lots of AI and heavy scripting.

I wish.I have a core i7 and I get ~23fps in Manhatten.Anybody have any suggestions to increase my fps?

My GPU is a HD 4850.

These are my specs in their entirety.

Cooler Master Elite 330 case

Gigabyte 720w PSU

Kingston 4gb 1066 RAM kit

Pioneer 217 DVD dl burner

CPU: AMD Phenom II Quad Core 3.2ghz

MB: Gigabyte 790FX-UD5P (2XPCIE)

HDD: Samsung 1tb drive

GFX: Sapphire ATI HD4890 Vapor 1gb

I put everything on very high and on Utes it is immaculate 45-50 fps. Chernarus in the country is also immaculate but near a small town it chops out and in Chernogorsk if I choose to zoom at the wrong time it freezes or CTD.

To complete the campaign mission in Chernogorsk I was forced to put everything on normal and take off shadows :(. And I have kept playing with no shadows to get decent looking graphics matched with smooth game play.

Have I got a comp set up that conflicts with this game?

How can I go about rectifying the problem as it looks sooo good on Very High.

Regards,

Grub

FFS FIX THE PREFORMENCE BUGS FIX SO THE GAME DONT CRASH EVERY 5 SEC FUCKING SHIT COMPANY DO SOMETHING FUCK ME...

THE GAME HAVE BEEN OUT FOR 5 MONTHS AND THE GAME IS STILL BUGGY AS HELL FUCKING DO SOMETHING MONEY HUNGRY FUCKS CHRIST!!!:yay:

A HIGH END PC CANT FUCKING RUN THIS ON LOW AND HAVE A DECENT FPS ( + 30 ) FUCK YOU BIA/BIO OR WTF UR CALLED ...

i have a great PC (high end) and i know how to use it but ur just a retard:butbut:

im just pissed off becouse this game is a fucking joke i want my money back

They start working on a expantion pack when the game itself is not even finished..i mean wtf focus on the bugs and preformence issues then a fucking expantion pack..this is why i dont have any respect for game devolpers these days..IW fuck up the game BIA/BIO fuck up the game ( bugs ) OFP DR no ded fucked up the game....and ofc L4D 2 will also be fucked up? ( dedicated servers there ?)

edit - ArmA 2 is a very fun game..its uniqe feels like a real warfare game but seriusly ...fix the bugs lol fockus only on the bugs..we dont want an expantion pack we want to play the game properly

Edited by TJAlol

FFS FIX THE PREFORMENCE BUGS FIX SO THE GAME DONT CRASH EVERY 5 SEC FUCKING SHIT COMPANY DO SOMETHING FUCK ME...

THE GAME HAVE BEEN OUT FOR 5 MONTHS AND THE GAME IS STILL BUGGY AS HELL FUCKING DO SOMETHING MONEY HUNGRY FUCKS CHRIST!!!:yay:

A HIGH END PC CANT FUCKING RUN THIS ON LOW AND HAVE A DECENT FPS ( + 30 ) FUCK YOU BIA/BIO OR WTF UR CALLED ...

and you think by talking from your ass would solve anything?

what else wold?? i gave them my money and i want some god damn answers do something u lazy fucks

what else wold?? i gave them my money and i want some god damn answers do something u lazy fucks
I like you your so bite and snappy. A real asset for this community!. So what is your Kit? your version of the game , what rez do you play at, what OS are you using? Do you always crash playing the campaign? or do you play online? More info would help. I crash too, (so we are like brothers now!) though its maybe once every eight hours of game play, but that is with mods, and coop missions, so cant really tell what it is yet. See we are in the same boat... lets help each other to figure this out ok?

I like you your so bite and snappy. A real asset for this community!. So what is your Kit? your version of the game , what rez do you play at, what OS are you using? Do you always crash playing the campaign? or do you play online? More info would help. I crash too, (so we are like brothers now!) though its maybe once every eight hours of game play, but that is with mods, and coop missions, so cant really tell what it is yet. See we are in the same boat... lets help each other to figure this out ok?

PC spec

CPU - AMD Phenom 9950 quad 2.61 Ghz

GPU - ENGTX260

RAM - 3Gb usebal but i got 8 gb installed O.o

PSU - 520 W

OS - Windows 7 32 bit

and some other stuff

I play only multiplayer , patch 1.04, i mostly play Hold ( Berserk )

And everytime i die the game has about 90% chance to crash whitch makes me really really REALLY mad! And this happend to all the other game modes too - CTI etc but sometimes the game works just fine for + 4 hrs

I have also tried to reinstall the game like 5 times but no diffrence

Video settings - Resulution 1980 x 1650 or whatever it is , preformence settings very high - normal depending on what i have running in my bakground / desktop

Put your in game Video memory to Default. Dont run all your settings at VH. Stick with high and normal. Keep your VD around 2500m max.

Pull out the other 4gb of ram, or make a ramdriver with it;

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=88388

Use the betas;

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82

Check your vidcard temps, and try setting the fan to 100% to test in game..

What vidcard driver are you using? Also chk your CPu temps too..? Dust?

PSU is what brand and make?

What kklownboy said. Plus why didn't you install W7 64-bit? W7 is a thread and RAM hog. With 64-bit you'd be using all the RAM you paid for plus the OS threads would use less cycles so more free power and RAM for ArmA2. I'm sure you can figure something out to get it to perform better, your rig isn't bad but I'd always suspect latency issues with mixmatched-yours is not- or unused RAM. Also try the betas. Performance is noticeably improved. Good luck bud, we're all in this together! ;)

PC spec

GPU - ENGTX260

PSU - 520 W

OS - Windows 7 32 bit

and some other stuff

And everytime i die the game has about 90% chance to crash whitch makes me really really REALLY mad! And this happend to all the other game modes too - CTI etc but sometimes the game works just fine for + 4 hrs

Video settings - Resulution 1980 x 1650 or whatever it is , preformence settings very high - normal depending on what i have running in my bakground / desktop

How about you start acting like a normal person and than maybe share your driver version etc... And STOP acting like a little whiney retard mmmmkay

PC spec

GPU - ENGTX260

PSU - 520 W

OS - Windows 7 32 bit

and some other stuff

Take out some of that RAM, it will be chewing up voltage and it can't be used because you bought a 32bit OS. Given this and the random instability, I'd place a high likelihood that you have some issues associated with voltage sensitivity or powerpack issues.

Many raw crashes are caused by voltage problems or hardware conflicts. Most software/driver issues are able to be handled by the PC and don't result in unhandled crashes.

What type of powerpack do you have?

Oh, and stop being a dickhead.

It also depends on the type of crash. If it's a BSD its 90% of the time a hardware issue. If ArmA just quits it's usually a software/video card driver issue. Even bad scripting causes ArmA to crash. I made a script that turns markers to triggers and spawns units. When you go away from the trigger it despawns the units, but the despawning wasn't working and everytime I flew in a jet I'd set off enough that it would crash/quit out ArmA. So maybe it's just the mission causing most of the headaches. I'd still get 64-bit W7 and be done with the mismatched computer setup.

Howdy people. New to the forums, so sorry if this is bad place to post this.

Wondered if its possible to view your FPS counter in game?

Having poor performance, but testing different options is hard without it, dunno what changes give more boost to the FPS and what not.

Btw. Tried the search function and didn't found the answer.

Thanks!

Howdy people. New to the forums, so sorry if this is bad place to post this.

Wondered if its possible to view your FPS counter in game?

Having poor performance, but testing different options is hard without it, dunno what changes give more boost to the FPS and what not.

Btw. Tried the search function and didn't found the answer.

Thanks!

Hi Fantsu, welcome to the Forum.

For monitoring FPS I use FRAPS :

http://www.fraps.com/

quick question, my card runs any games good on high settings. it's an 9800 GTX+OC from BFG. I have a 7300E Dual Core intel. I asked alot of people if I shoud swich to a Quad core, the answer was no beacause most of the games only uses 2 cores. IDK about this games cuz it has some shitty laggs. So should i get a Quad core for this game?

IDK about this games cuz it has some shitty laggs. So should i get a Quad core for this game?

The answer is:

Maybe

"Lag" in game, I assume you mean texture loading, delay etc... stuttering. I'd be more inclined to think you need a better Hard Disc / SSD. Have you defragged your HD? What RPM is your HD?

A better CPU will only help you if that is the limiting factor for your system.

quick question, my card runs any games good on high settings. it's an 9800 GTX+OC from BFG. I have a 7300E Dual Core intel. I asked alot of people if I shoud swich to a Quad core, the answer was no beacause most of the games only uses 2 cores. IDK about this games cuz it has some shitty laggs. So should i get a Quad core for this game?

I ve got E6850@3,6GHz, before i buy Q6600 2,4GHz and put it @3,2GHz

The different is only in multiplayer in bigger city(chernogorsk etc.)with a lot of players,aircrafts,tanks etc. And its a good for future. So if you buy a Quad you dont do anything wrong....If you have inaf money, buy i7. Depends on your rig. Mby you will need power supply and of course mobo.

Edit: yes the SSD is the way... and definetly RAMdisk.

The answer is:

Maybe

"Lag" in game, I assume you mean texture loading, delay etc... stuttering. I'd be more inclined to think you need a better Hard Disc / SSD. Have you defragged your HD? What RPM is your HD?

A better CPU will only help you if that is the limiting factor for your system.

I have a 1TB HD very far from being half full. I'm certain it's a 7200 rpm.

How come whenever I ask a question the next post is always some crazy rant that steals the limelight. :D

^^ clever person...