Sign in to follow this  
Aquitaine

Destroyed vehicles explode over and over

Encountering this problem in Badlands with the latest beta (haven't played Badlands before now). Minor spoilers below.

I capture Novy Sobor and blow up several enemy jeeps while doing it. After capturing the town center, it teleports me to a cutscene where a lot of people are yelling and Father Fyodor is trying to talk them down.

Directly beihnd me during this scene (which is one where you can't move or act while you watch) is one of the jeeps that I destroyed. It is a blackened jeep hulk, but every 5-10 seconds, it explodes again. I am standing right next to it, so after 4 or so such explosions, during which I cannot move, I'm dead. Hooray!

Yesterday I was able to 'skip' this scene and went to build an HQ (my first!) but apparently built it on top of one of my guys who promptly died, causing me to revert back to a save right before the scene transition. Now when I hit 'skip,' nothing happens. Dead end. Trying an earlier save to see if maybe I can move that destroyed jeep first, or destroy it somewhere else.

Still, this is mickey mouse stuff. I've already renamed 'arma2' to 'crysis' with -winxp just to be able to play the game at all. When it works, the game is fantastic. But this is not a '1.0' release, much less a '1.03 beta.'

Its not a bug but a feature, reexplosions are caused by bullets and stuff catching fire and exploding ;)

Are you serious? These are little jeeps. Not big ammo trucks. And even if they were big ammo trucks, they should explode 'for a while' rather than every 5 seconds.

And more to the point, my guys should STAND NEXT TO THEM during cutscenes when I can't get them out of the way!

These secondary explosions are a bit too much (unpolished I should say).... Golf IV err Hatcback acts the same as a burning tank loaded with shells :)

I reported this on the CIT about a week ago - BI already knows about it.

It's a little over the top, maybe a few after explosions would be nice and not too long after the 1st one.

it would be cool if they could script the explosions depending on the ammo loaded in the vehicle. So if it's empty, maybe it only explodes once or twice (to simulate the gas tank). Vehicles with small arms ammo have more smaller explosions that only lasts a few seconds. Then ones with grenades, RPG rounds, satchels, etc. would be big and have a bigger kill radius and take longer to cook off since they typically need more heat.

You know whats ironic guys? Fuel trucks don't explode, they just start to burn slowly and also take enormous damage :)

You know whats ironic guys? Fuel trucks don't explode, they just start to burn slowly and also take enormous damage :)

Same for static fuel tanks.

Ammo boxes (at least the type I tested) make pretty big explosions though.

That really needs to be fixed. Its as bad as tanks being destroyable with M249.

Defenitely need more realism for certain AMRA2 things with ARMA 2

Trucks and armour that catches fire will explode in a ball of fireworks and burn out for as long as it takes. The continuous exploding is ridiculous.

I highlighted this a couple of months ago. I thought it would be sorted out by the 3rd patch.

Come-on BIS CEO – get it sorted by 4th patch.