Page 152 of 245 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 2441

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: VILAS addons release thread

Author of the Thread
    regarding bug - it is older version (before OA , new animations from Udaloy)now it works

separate config - agree , i will do it soon

ACE compatibility - i think that new configs from my cooperators here enable many mods compatibility (including sound mods )
    so Xeno or Dimitrii can tell opinion if it enables compatibility
    but i will release soon version with separate config
    with general persmission to do any config anyone wants and release it (now you also can do it, which i told time ago that anyone can rework and release his versions of config )
    but when config will be independent file it probably be better

Vilas' weapons should work with ACE, but I don't know if they are balanced with ACE. There are no special considerations within the config files for special ACE functions, and the weapons themselves are balanced against Vanilla equipment.
    My suggestion would be to play with the two and make a note of weapons that don't work correctly with ACE. Most problems will likely be along the lines of Vilas' weapons having recoil, range and damage values that are not in line with ACE weapons.

Thank you Vilas.
    As soon as the separate config is available I will work on a full featured ACE config. Meaning: magazines inherited from base classes so that all ACE mags work, weapon weight and dexterity, dispersion, recoil, bipods, magazine replacement for suppressed weapons, muzzle velocity changed for shorter barrels etc.

victim913;1907577]I don't know if anyone is aware of this, but I tried using an AKMS with a solier and he turns into plastic man.
    "vil_AKMS"
    I had this problem too. The secret lies in the kind of written selection in O2 and model.cfg. The section must have the same letters than in the model cfg.

Example:

Selection = head
    model.cfg = head

Selection = Head
    model.cfg = Head

A2 differ between big and small letters. It is for O2 two different words but for us the same . And when you mixed the BIS with vilas parts the bugs begins. Here a complicated word for better understanding in the hand selection

Selection = LeftForeArm (BIS writing)
    Selection = leftforearm (vilas writing)

Author of the Thread
    i know it
    but it was only in old custom anims in OA( Comb Ops since 1.5xxx version)
    new version works good

configs are made by Xeno and now version with separate config is available (of course Xeno done configs, so thank him )
    but if someone has new version of addon (after placing new anims from Udaloy) it should work
    problems were in version which was from vanila Arma2 made before OA was released (at least in my PC)

so thanx to Udaloy new anims are since some months (at least i haven't seen problems with those new anims from other people after update of anims)

both links are in 1st post of this topic (west and east weapons pack)
    so you can do any config you want , any sound , any anims any icons etc.

Thanks Vilas and contributors.
    Reporting AK config broken, missing semicolon at line 2243.
    Also, vilas_aks and vilas_wwp have an extra "};" in config.cpp
    Trying to binarize the configs would reveal those errors.
    Last edited by Robalo; May 2 2011 at 17:54.

Author of the Thread
    1. okay, error line 2243 fixed
    uploaded right now
    2. west pack - few icons added, added according to request Zeiss "second sight" added
    G36 get animated magazines (ammo animation)
    fixed deleted by Xeno backward compatibility (VIL_FAL magazine returned, used by some units in weaponholders pack)
    so also west pack is updated
    3. and Polish pack updated - fixed errors in shadows of few Police units (it was bug in hands, arms in shadow lod, visible only in shadow on ground)
    and fixed are ammo crates in Polish pack (now they do rearm AI soldiers on order, previously AI had problems to rearm )

First Lieutenant CameronMcDonald's Avatar
    Cheers, mate. Really digging your AK pack - love the variety. MOAR.
    Everyone tempted to post another inane/useless/whogivesatoss topic in the A3 forum - here.

Howdy!

A very big THANK YOU vilas for all the work you put into these toys. And an even bigger thank you for adding the AG36 A2 but I noticed a bug with the weapon: in 1st person view everything is ok you can see the Zeiss optic, but in 3rd person view it looks like a "normal" AG36.

Author of the Thread
    Xeno send me update and new icons , so once again... west wapon pack goes to FTP (10 minutes and ready)... sorry for "update"

Page 152 of 245 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202 ... LastLast