vilas

VILAS addons release thread

On your soviet vehicles pack, can you change the tank engine noises to the in game ones, because the ones you have sound too much like cars, and the T-55 doesn't have a reverse sound.

Kind Regards,

Mike

Hi, Peter! I also have some bug reports concerning P'85 and modern cars (mainly headlight, rear light and flashlight bugs), tomorrow i'll make screenshots and post it here. Would be grateful if you improve it (not too much work in fact).

Ok, as said above, while using P'85 cars and military and polish civilian and military I've encountered some bugs. I can make more bug reports if needed but now about lights.

1) Rear red lights are absent on Gaz-69, Daewoo Lublin (bus/ambulance), Star S2000,Volvo truck, Dzik, Land Rover SG, Kia Ceed SG, on most military trucks, APCs and tanks.

2) Rear red lights dissapear at short distance on UAZ-3909/3962, City bus/coach bus, Ducato(bus), Transit(van).

3) Headlights dissapear at short distance on Gaz-69, Uaz-3909/3962.

4) Headlights are absent (unseen) on many military vehicles (tanks, APCs), e.g. on 2s3, 2s7 SPHs.

5) Blue (red) flashlights hang up (stop flashing) at short distance on most police/SG/amb/fire vehicles (Kia Ceed SG, Octavia, Ducato, Vivaro, Transit, Sprinter) (flash correctly e.g. on Polonez and Lanos).

6) Always shining rear lights (even when engine off and no driver) - Fiat 125p.

7) Headlights shine from somewhere inside the body of the vehicle - City bus and coach bus.

I could post images from Fraps, but right now I don't see how to do it.

Thanks.

some bugs are being fixed some time ago, but due to lack of time i had no time to fully finish update, but in case of PL modern addon - a lot of bugs were fixed some time ago (beta status, not "release" as on Armaholic),

soon as i will just find some time i will update modern PL addon, than P85 after PL modern addon,

YESSSS!

One of my favorite addon treads updated!

Long live ArmA II :cool:

so far as i see only method to make AI arty work is to give D30 and BIS D30 to my arty units, and to have my artillery units doubled

as 2S1 with custom ammo and 2S1 (BIS D30), worse is when 152 mm howitzer is played by 122 m, but it is better than not working for AI ,

http://vilas.freeforums.net/thread/3/polish-armed-forces-addon-progress?page=1&scrollTo=11

details here plus another beta in progress, i even tried to copy and edit BIS config.cpp for modules to force work my custom arty for AI,

also ACE-compatible version is being prepared by other person from this forum - Keeway, so ACE compatible version of my addons will be too (ask Keeway about details, i do not know details or e.t.a.)

@Fulcrum_86 do you have version from 31st May 2014?

No, I use the last official one (April'14).

---------- Post added at 23:35 ---------- Previous post was at 23:31 ----------

so far as i see only method to make AI arty work is to give D30 and BIS D30 to my arty units, and to have my artillery units doubled

as 2S1 with custom ammo and 2S1 (BIS D30), worse is when 152 mm howitzer is played by 122 m, but it is better than not working for AI

Yes, it looks like the only option. But it will be a great progress compared to what we have right now.

i do not know why it works like this, i made following try:

class my ammo: BIS ARTY_D30 ammo {

hit = different

};

or

class my magazine: BIS ARTY D30 magazine

count = different

class my weapon : BIS D30

{ my magazine }

and it doesn't work

i figure out that D30, ARTY_xxx must be some hardcoded trick that enables

i made following thing

my MLRS : BIS MLRS {

displayname "other weapon"};

will work and ...

it stopped working and distance was 80 meters for artillery

strange

so there are some conected values in config that makes hard to make custom ammo or even custom magazine capacity artillery to be used by AI

i only could do "trick" that artillery units have BIS D30 or BIS GRAD weapon

No, I use the last official one (April'14).

Beznazwy_1.jpg

files on my FTP with dates (betas)

P85 wll have fixed rear lights, simpley i must find some time for Arma

Ok, understood. Well, to add D30 and Grad is easy, so we can make fully workable 2s1 'Gvozdika' and 'Langusta' or Chech RM-70 MLRS. But with 155/152 mm guns it will always be unrealistic to see 122mm explosion( MLRS ammo is also not the best option.

and i cannot make for AI NSM/Mk15 ammo (this: i-i10-12-104nsm.jpg )

or small mortars:

image.jpg

cause this is weak light 60mm mortar for infantry , not 81 mm like M252 ingame

Perhaps ask eggbeast for help with this one?

He's been doing a lot of heavy weapons lately and might have a solution for this AI arty problem. :eek:

Vilas,

I agree that the BIS arty tables can't be appended. We tried doing loads of work for Unsung arty and never got them working.

I finally managed to get mortars and MLRS working by altering only: Ammo damage values, minrange setting, and displayname. By using those different values it works "well enough" for our needs. So for that 60mm mortar, for example, just take the 81mm mortar values and reduce by approximately 25%, then rename it, and that's it. Only alter the AMMO settings... e.g. hit, indirect hit, etc. but don't alter any of the ARTY_xxx information. Hopefully you can get that working.

Rydygier made a script and all works now :)

so there is working artillery (beta version of addon is being uploaded on FTP, which can take 2h from this post)

i made deployable mortar unit (LM60D) - 1 light mortar is set to 1 backpack (not 2 like BIS ones, cause this is light mortar), and than you can set mortar again from just 1 rucksack (now LM60D is in "empty > Polish Army > PL Static")

i will tommorow add soldier with LM60D as "Mortar soldier" for airborne units and usual modern soldiers,

i also observerved too big (in my opinion) power of BIS arty, seems like 122 mm by BIS is so powerfull comparing to 122 mm non-Arty

so i made "realistic" (little weaker) my 2S1 ,

so far addon is beta for test

what will change:

- i will work on hit etc. values for my artillery units,

- i will apply more artillery units (now few for test purpose) such as 120 mm mortar RAK, which temporary uses BIS M119

- i will add mortar soldier ,

details on wip forum

http://vilas.freeforums.net/thread/3/polish-armed-forces-addon-progress

circa 2 hours of uploading 600 mbytes file

Edited by vilas

This and Rangemaster mod updates at the same day... real life duties will have to wait... :cool:

Rydygier made a script and all works now :)

so there is working artillery (beta version of addon is being uploaded on FTP, which can take 2h from this post)

Thanks Peter! Will test it ASAP)

Hory Shet!

W-3 has had some MASSIVE facelifting! It's actually a legit playable/AI asset now. :cool:

Can you sprinkle the same magic dust over your Mi-2 (and include it for factions other then Poland)?

Just tested the last version of npl (20.11.14). Great job, artillery now works (both player and AI as discussed - using BIS D-30 + custom ammo), also great job on textures, new vehicles and reflectors! Thanks!

another news: Keeway and his mates prepared ACE compatible version of P85, the question (due to lot of time that passed on P85 development ) whom should be added to credits:

http://vilas.freeforums.net/thread/11/project-85-ace-temat-bif?page=1&scrollTo=15

visit there or PM me or PM Keeway who should be added - in case I forget , simply Keeway and his mates do not want to forget about effort of all of you who helped P85 development to make ACE version come true , for sure we thank all that ever helped P85, now thanx to effort of Keeway and his friends - ACE version will be ready - separate topic from Keeway will be done probably cause he is in charge of p.r. of ACE version and questions about ACE version should be directly to him, there will be a lot of new content added and P85 is than just part of addons in new ACE cold war mod

So here comes message from our team: we are on a good way to release new version of p85 next friday, some stuff still needs to be fixed.

Also we made release trailer here you can watch it:

My word that's a pretty amazing trailer.

Congratulations on evoking the zeitgeist through period music and historical details.

I also love your logo.

Good length and pacing too.

My only criticism is the choice of black font on a dark background.

Fulda gap here I come!

So I'm fairly certain that I'm going to get some hate for asking this here, but...

Is there any chance that any of this content will make it into Arma 3? The AAF desperately needs this stuff

So I'm fairly certain that I'm going to get some hate for asking this here, but...

Is there any chance that any of this content will make it into Arma 3? The AAF desperately needs this stuff

i asked few people if they can do it - but it needs a looooooooot of time while i work on and on on VBS3,

i can answer you how long it takes:

every model of car - to be prepared to Arma3 needs :

- rename all selections,

- change model cfg because selections have been changed,

- add some mirrors, change geometry for wheels, change memoryLOD for Arma3,

- change and check proxies etc.

lets say when someone is fast he can import 1 vehicle in 1 hour ,

now imagine i have:

300 vehicles or 400 vehicles

500 rifles

300 human models

this is 1000, 2000 working hours - if you work 4 hour daily (7 days a week) 7*4=28, 2000/28= 71 weeks , 1.5 year without any holidays !

this is the problem - you need someone who will work HARD for over year to port it because Arma3 and Arma2 are not compatible as Arma1 was with Arma2

import from Arma1 to Arma2 (and vice versa) was 10 times easier - basic class was working similar, Czech names of selections worked since Operation Flashpoint (kolo, otocvez, osahlavne to wheel, main turret, main gun axis...)

now model has to be reworked much more than just "change mass in geometry, change shape of human in geometry, change one proxy"

compatibility between Arma2 vanila and Arma2 Operation Arrowhead was "just add proxy backpack" "change geometry that soldier can jump"

it was 10 minutes for each model of human,

rifle from Arma1 to Arma2 was "change proxy "zasleh" " , few seconds - we have AK imported

there were people who tried import to Arma3 my models , they spent week and imported 15 weapons ... i have 400 weapons more

this is the problem - how to get 3-4 people who will work hard for almost year to do this all, test it all etc.

the same reason Keeway is redoing stuff to work with ACE - cause some memory points and some selections must be renamed inside model to have compatibility with ACE selections

so the problem is to find 3-4 people who will spend half year of their life on importing it and changing selections in each LOD, to import it myself i would have to quit job for year and do it since morning till evening (you must remind that all my addons are from 8 years, cause many things you have in P85 were done in Arma1 !!! so when you play my addons, you play 8 years of my life, it cannot be imported in few weeks because it is 1000 models in several mods, it need year of hard work without any other job, family etc)

so it is too hard to do by 1 person soon

it needs several persons and several months of their devoted work, noone has such amount of time i am afraid,

i am afraid noone has such load of free time to import 8 years of addons in half year :(

unless Arma3 gonna work with Czech language selections (i am not expert, i guessing it won't work, turrets won't turn , wheels won't turn and physicx won't work)

maybe if BIS would took 10 men in their company to do it in month - it would be possible ;) to have P85 or PL or civilian vehicles in A3 ;) but it is rather wishfull thinking, cause someone would have to pay those people,

so i believe due to lack of free time of many people - this content is far from being imported - simply someone has to do it in period of many months of really heavy work,

Edited by vilas

Reported bugs of Modern Polish Army and Police - Military (v2014-12-21) on Vilas's forum (http://vilas.freeforums.net/thread/3/polish-armed-forces-addon-progress)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Combat armored vehicles (Pojazdi opancerzone):

- Krab - no in/out animation for crew;

- Jelcz NDR NSM - wrong editor icon, wrong engine sound (UAZ used), wrong gunner optics view, steering wheel not turning, wrong driver animation (wrong position of hands);

- Leopard 2A4/2A5 - no rear lights, headlights almost not seen;

- PL-01 - wrong editor icon, no in/out animation for crew, no exhaust port for exhaust to come from (exhaust comes through armor);

- RAK/Rosomak - no in/out animation for crew;

- SA-8 - no rear lights, headlights dissapear at the distance of 100 metres from the vehicle, radar on turret turning too slow, missiles firing too fast after each other, steering wheel not turning, speedometer and other driver's instruments don't work correctly, gunner sits wrongly (has no chair, sits on the floor);

- Loara - no in/out anim for crew, radar on turret turning too slow, no engine exhaust.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Combat support vehicles (Wsparcie):

- Honker (ambulance/saper)/Tarpan Honker (ambulance) - no rear lights, flashlights dissapear at the distance of 50 metres (Honker Saper);

- Jelcz 662 (Fuel) - steering wheel not turning, rear lights dissapear at 100m;

- Rys (HQ) - no rear lights;

- WDSZ0G Regina - headlights almost not seen, no rear lights, no in/out animation for crew.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Combat non-armored vehicles (Pojazdy):

- Jelcz 442 (HQ satellite) - steering wheel not turning;

- Mercedes G - no rear lights, shape of headlights a bit incorrect;

- STAR 266 - rear lights dissapear at 100m.

Policja (PL):

- Dzik (AT) - no rear lights, flashlights dissapear at 200m;

- Land Rover - rear lights incorrect, wrong engine sound (UAZ used - LR sounds can be taken from BIS Arma 2OA Land Rover Def 110), steering wheel not working, flashlights dissapear at 50m (LR Policja, SG, ZW).

Edited by Fulcrum_86

Vilas, could you maybe put the RACS faction from P85 under independent - would greatly enhance playability together with Project Racs mod.

But addons are like always high quality, and I look forward to more good stuff coming from you!

bump ;)