Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² Discussion

Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?

• Yes, please add the ability to provide first aid and drag wounded
    • No, please keep it as the original, without the First Aid module and only medics can heal

cwr2_header_1024.jpg

That's right, as promised before work on Cold War Rearmed 2 has begun.

Our goal is once again to bring back the original islands, content and campaigns to ArmA II. In a first step we convert the CWR 1 content to ArmA II and make minor modifications/fixes where possible/needed.

Realism is not the goal here but 99% compatibility to existing OFP missions/campaigns.

Once that is done and working without major bugs, we take another step and try to make it more realistic - but without breaking the campaign. That means proper equipment, vehicles, textures, weapon values and so on as well as additional content that wasn't in OFP.

However nothing has been decided here yet - it's more like an idea. Both the "Cold War Rearmed 2" and the "Realistic Cold War Rearmed 2" should be as compatible as possible.

Cold War Rearmed 2 is a complete community project. There is no "elitism", no limited signup. Everyone with talents in modelling, textures, scripting is welcome to participate. We also keep up the donations from other Mods/Addonmakers as this worked perfectly well in the past - no need to reinvent the wheel while it's already rolling.

Right now we need the following people:

• Config expert for tweaking our weapon configs
  • Website designer (creating the CWR2 website and Wiki pages)
  • Texture artists (retexturing exisiting vehicles, creating new ones) - experienced ones only please

• Modellers (fixing and enhancing models, units) - experienced ones only please
  • Scripters (converting all .sqs to .sqf)
  • Terrain designers (fixing smaller issues with the old maps)
  • A volunteer for briefings (creating multilanguage briefings/tasks)
  • Expert for animations: Finding suitable replacement animations or convert/create old ones.
  • Expert for cutscenes/intros (Fixing and enhancing the existing ones).
  • Translators for: French, Spanish, Polish, Czech, Russian, Italian.

If you're interested in working with us, or if you have created something you think we could use - contact me either by PM or send an email to cwrmod@googlemail.com - serious offers only please, no wannabe's which disappear after a week.

And no, we don't need betatesters yet so please don't even ask. :p

All our screens in one album

Current project status:

[u]Air[/u]
[color=#008000]A-10                Complete
A-10 (LGB)          Complete[/color]
[color=#008000]AH-1F               Complete[/color]
[color=DarkOrange]AH-64C              Done, minor issues to fix
[/color][color=#008000]Cessna 182          Complete[/color]
[color=DarkRed][color=DarkOrange]CH-47D[/color]              [/color][color=DarkOrange]Done, minor issues to fix[/color]
[color=#008000]Mi-24               Complete
Mi-8                Complete[/color]
[color=#b22222]OH-58D              WIP[/color]
[color=#008000]Parachute Civ       Originals must be replaced
Parachute East      Originals must be replaced
Parachute Guer      Originals must be replaced
Parachute West      Originals must be replaced
Su-25               Complete
UH-60 (FFAR)        Complete
UH-60 (MG)          Complete
V-80                Complete[/color]

[u]Armored[/u]
[color=#008000]BMP-1               Complete
BMP-1 (FIA)         Complete
BMP-2               Complete
BMP-2 (FIA)         Complete
M113A1              Complete
M163                Complete
M1A1                Complete
M2A2                Complete
M60                 Complete
T-55 (FIA)          Complete
T-72                Complete
T-72 (FIA)          Complete
T-80                Complete
T-80 (FIA)          Complete
ZSU-23-4            Complete[/color]

[u]Cars[/u]
[color=DarkRed]Bicycle             Needs new textures[/color]
[color=#008000]BRDM-2 Recon        Complete
Bus                 Complete
Car (Blue)          Complete (A2 model)
Car (Green)         Complete (A2 model)
Car (Red)           Complete (A2 model)
Car (Yellow)        Complete
Jeep (Police)       Complete
M151 Jeep           Minor problems to fix[/color][color=#008000]
M151 Jeep (M2)      [/color][color=#008000]Minor problems to fix[/color][color=#008000]
Jeep (FIA)          [/color][color=#008000]Minor problems to fix[/color]
[color=#008000]M939 (Closed)       Complete
M939 (Open)         Complete
M939 / M2 (Closed)  Complete
M939 / M2 (Open)    Complete
M998 HMMWV          Complete[/color]
[color=DarkRed]Mini Cooper         Needs new textures and model improvements (Xbox model)
Motorcycle          [/color][color=DarkRed]Needs new textures and model improvements[/color][color=DarkRed] (Xbox model)[/color]
[color=#008000]Scud-B              Complete[/color]
[color=DarkRed]Sport Car (White)   [/color][color=DarkRed]Needs new textures and model improvements[/color][color=DarkRed] (Xbox model)
Sport Car (Yellow)  [/color][color=DarkRed]Needs new textures and model improvements[/color][color=DarkRed] (Xbox model)[/color]
[color=#008000]Trabant             Complete
Tractor             Complete (A2 model)
UAZ-469             Complete
UAZ-469 (FIA)       Complete
Ural 375D (Closed)  Complete
Ural 375D (Open)    Complete
V3S (Civilian)      Complete
V3S (FIA)           Complete
Ural 4320 (Closed)  Complete[/color]

[u]Men[/u]
[color=#008000]US, RU, FIA Complete[/color][color=DarkRed]
[color=DarkOrange]Civilians in progress[/color]
[/color] 
[u]Ships[/u]
[color=DarkOrange]Boat West           Done, minor issues to fix[/color]
[color=DarkRed]Boat East           [/color][color=DarkRed]Needs new textures and model improvements[/color][color=DarkRed] (Xbox model)
LHD                 [/color][color=DarkRed]Needs new textures and model improvements[/color][color=DarkRed] (Xbox model)[/color]

[u]Support[/u]
[color=#008000]Ural 375D (Fuel)    Complete
Ural 375D (Repair)  Complete
Ural 4320 (Ammo)    Complete
M939 (Fuel)         Complete (needs fuel tank)
M939 (Repair)       Complete
M939 (Ammo)         Complete
V3S (Fuel)          Complete
V3S (Repair)        Complete
V3S (Ammo)          Complete
M113 Ambulance      Complete
BMP Ambulance       Complete
UAZ Ambulance       Complete[/color]

[u]Weapons[/u]
[color=#008000]All done, except and CZ75 which is replaced with APS[/color]

[u]Islands[/u]
[color=#008000]Desert Island       Complete
Everon              Complete
Kolgujev            Complete[/color]
[color=DarkOrange][/color][color=#008000]Malden              Complete[/color][color=DarkOrange]
[/color][color=#008000]Nogova              Complete[/color]

[u]Campaigns / Missions[/u]
[color=DarkRed]All WIP[/color]

Visit us at: http://cwr.armedzone.com

Edited by W0lle
Progress updated (Terrains)

I am no webmaster genius, but if you find noone else to undertake the task of setting up the wiki pages and other simpler HTML-based tasks I am up for it, atleast sharing some of the load that is bound to pop up in such a large project.

All in all, good to see you guys working for ARMA II - Missed CWR for the original ARMA, but excited to see you working on ARMA II. Also, you might get in contact with SgtAce here on the forums, I beleive he is working on bringing Everon into ARMA II already.

You guys are the reason Arma is so good. Cant wait for it!

I could donate some very realistic weapon/vehicle sounds.

hamis

Roger that, I get back to you asap.

luemmel

Got your email and will answer it asap as well.

Cheers guys :)

BTW: We still need an artist for our logos and stuff. ;)

Both the "Cold War Rearmed 2" and the "Realistic Cold War Rearmed 2" should be as compatible as possible.

Does this mean (should it go ahead) that there will be a release after the port, then again after the improvements?

Well, may i update my content to Arma2 standarts? :)

That's great news W0lle. I really liked one for A1 so I look forward to cwr2 too. Good luck.

increasing the support of this mod will reduce the time to wait to play :bounce3:

Exactly, as this time there probably won't be a public beta. The mod gets released if and when everything is done and looking state of the art (no more ugly xbox models and textures).

Everyone interested is free to join our new social group.

Not written on the first post but we're also looking for an animation expert and another one for cutscenes/intros. BTW, we also need translators.

If you're interested, conctact W0lle ;)

@luemmel73

You're totaly right !

I will go ahead and predict nothing but win coming from this. This needs some dense American/ Russian cities/ suburbs. You could do the whole of Manhattan and the surrounding area or Washington DC, Kursk or Moscow. I can see the epic battles in Alaska and in the vast expanses of Siberia. it's potential is limitless.

:war:

Poll addded to the thread (yes every good thread needs a poll) :p

Again we're using the xbox campaigns and soundfiles for CWR², first because we have them already working and second because we won't wake sleeping dogs.

I know this is disappointing for some of you, and I really considered using the original voices but decided it's not worth any trouble.

Now in the xbox CWC campaign a few missions are missing, 3 or 4 I think. I could add them by using the ones from the PC version but then we have now voices in these missions (because they never were recorded for the Xbox version). So the question is: Should we add these missions to the campaign but without voices or should we leave the missions out then.

I don't mind converting the few additional missions, so it's up to you. :)

@b00ce

I'm sorry to disappoint you but that won't happen as this is not what the Mod is about. Our goal is to bring back the original OFP game and campaigns to ArmA2.

I actually registered specifically to post in this thread, although I have been watching the forums for ages.

I would be able to do any spanish translations for you, I would not say I am as fluent as a spanish national but I have been studying it for over 4 years now and whenever I go to Spain I have no trouble communicating at all.

My other skills are image editing and creative writing.

If you need any writing done for cutscenes, or for anything else then I would be more than happy to help out. I write fan fiction and team fan fiction in my spare time, which has been published on fan fiction sites such as shurtugal fan fiction. I'm in the process of writing a WW3 novel, which I would be happy to give you a sample chapter of.

As for the image editing, I do artwork for a Tom Clancy's End War clan and just for friends in general. I'd be happy to make you a banner or any other artwork you need, but I'll understand if you only need a banner.

I know most of my skills are not the normal ones you would be looking for, but if your interested, I'll be watching this topic for a reply.

Thanks

I can do Polish Translation me. You ever heard of Iron Squad? Yeah, i'm one of the project managers in there (and a translator myself, by the way ;P)

Edited by Nickos

hey wolle

are you guys porting the Arma1 version you created over to ARma2 and adding to it , or creating a whole new CWR version?

@b00ce

I'm sorry to disappoint you but that won't happen as this is not what the Mod is about. Our goal is to bring back the original OFP game and campaigns to ArmA2.

Ah, I see. But still, this would be immensely fun. :yay:

@Günther Severloh

Yes our first step is to port all stuff we have in CWR1 over to ArmA2, of course this time without the ugly Xbox placeholders. Once that is done and working we add some bonus content (if it isn't already in the initial release) and realistic units/gear. As a last step we might create a config with more realistic weapon values. However this last step is far, far in the future. ;)

wonderful, really sounds good, i had figured that you guys were going to port your previous work.

C WR looks very good in arma, brings me back to the OFP days, when i put a guy down in the editor on one of few favorite islands i was utterly in a euphoric state if thats the right word by what i saw, the vegetation textures really make the scene what it is.

to think in Arma2 to the possibility to see OFP in a more realistic and more surreal environement, just simply amazes me, i am very happy to have found your mod for arma.

if i can be of any help, maybe testing or something, i know how to make missions, just basic sp, and mp, i dont really know much of anything else. let me know i'll see what i can do for you guys.