Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² Discussion

Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?

• Yes, please add the ability to provide first aid and drag wounded
    • No, please keep it as the original, without the First Aid module and only medics can heal

Trust Vilas to bring in the drama :p

Good luck on the mod guys, both Pro 85 and CWR.

Edited by sparks50

Let's steer clear from the drama, such things can be sorted with PM's and whatnot in the future.

There's really no point of digging out the CWR/P85 relations every other post, it's really getting old by now.

*wolle* you are officially my hero. This weekend, I made 3 people buy ARMA II, and when I read this, I am allmost crying. Bohemia Interactive should recieve a huge price with a hefty sum of money for the most community friendly staff around. Bringing OFP back to the old engine would do wonders, though I am going to miss the old sound files.

If by any means, it is possible to tweak the speech files on my own, I am more than happy to spend alot of time doing it by my self. Anyways, my deepest gratitude goes out to you, the community and to Bohemia in general for being the best game developer company of all times!

Ofp is among maybe 6 or 7 titles I've played for the last 15 years one of the best games ever. Thank you so much for your effort, and that goess to all contributors. If there was a way I could help, I would gladly, but I am afraid that I don't know much.

Anyways, I just can't wait!

*wolle* you are officially my hero. This weekend, I made 3 people buy ARMA II, and when I read this, I am allmost crying. Bohemia Interactive should recieve a huge price with a hefty sum of money for the most community friendly staff around. Bringing OFP back to the old engine would do wonders, though I am going to miss the old sound files.

No no no, I'm no hero at all - the guys in the background working on all the terrains, models and everything else are. :)

I'm just a 'manager' collecting model donations and trying to push the thing towards a release (in a far future). ;)

This has probably been asked before. Could it be possible to make a small program that takes mission speech sounds from original OFP campaign.pbo and updates the CWR campaign.pbo with them? That way owners of the original game could enjoy the classic lines :cool:.

This has probably been asked before. Could it be possible to make a small program that takes mission speech sounds from original OFP campaign.pbo and updates the CWR campaign.pbo with them? That way owners of the original game could enjoy the classic lines :cool:.

Yes a while back I said we're trying to make that possible. However it's not that easy because in the xbox version there were either some sounds removed or added and to make it even more worse, the same sounds had different names to be called.

So by replacing the xbox sounds with OFP ones, you end up with a bunch of missing sounds errors.

The solution would be to analyze and compare each OFP and xbox missions and the sound names used, then rename them in CWR² so it doesn't matter which sound source is used. And even then I won't guarantee a 100% success. To cut a long story short: It's a horrible mess. :confused:

Just a quick question, will the CWR² islands have the original buildings? I recently eagerly tried the SAP_everon map for ArmA2, but was disappointed that the same buildings from chernarus were used on the new everon map.

I noticed on the Panthera island many of the old buildings from both OFP and ArmA1 were used, and I was kind of just praying that the buildings in CWR² would be no different in either appearance or location to where they were in CWC/Res.

Yes of course we use the original buildings on our Islands as before. Eventually we 'pimp' them a bit but in general they remain the same ones.

I noticed on the Panthera island many of the old buildings from both OFP and ArmA1 were used

Vanilla Arma 2 does have some "leftover" buildings from OFP and A1 but many of the older buildings that were present in A1 (it included pretty much every OFP building) are now gone.

I know the topic of audio is constantly discussed, but I just had a simple question:

Could one go through all of the scripts, hit CTRL+F, take the mentions of the OFP Elite sound files and replace them with the OFP sound file counterpart? If thats possible I'd probably do it.

Well, most of the soundnames (defined in the description.ext) are the same, no matter if OFP or Xbox. The difference is that in the Xbox missions some sounds have different (or additional) names.

It's not an impossible task to replace the sounds, but it may require a lot of testing and adjusting.

Best would be a comparsion table which lists the sound names from both Xbox and OFP so you can compare which names are used where. I started that but it's an extremely painful and slow job.

heh, seems you not downloaded CWR for Arma1 after things you say , you not seen AH1, M60 machinegun, US soldiers with ripstop instead of cordura, M4 with rails, MP5 from 90's, CarlGustav M3 (not M2), RPG29 (also 90's) and many many other things

CWR is not aiming in realism , aims for OFP which was not realistic

even more, in CWR for Arma 1 there were many elements from 95-2000 (HK, CG, M4...)

and for sure helmet shape was not 68 and many models were from OFP Elite

but seems you never downloaded CWR, otherwise you would see models of weapons from years 1995 , you would see many elements taken directly from OFP with consequence of OFP polycount (Mutt, AH1, Bradley, M60 machinegun...)

class AK47 was represented by AKM, class AT-4 was RPG29 (strongest Russian non guided AT launcher), Carl Gustav MAAWS M3... etc...

on version i have in home on PC , AT3 rocket is 2 meters above turret of BMP1

Soviet Spec-Naz has camo of marines issued 80/90's line without RD (basic webbing)

but CWR is to represent OFP with all consequences along with ELITE influences too

Edited by vilas

So whats wrong with aiming with OFP? And why do you attack everyone vilas?

Nothing is wrong with it... vilas is just trying to prove a point and show that ARM2CAT is wrong. ARM2CAT keeps on attacking and harassing vilas about "how un-realistic" his Project '85 mod is because a helmet is shaped wrong, and saying that CWR2 is going to be so much more realistic...:icon_rolleyes: ARM2CAT just doesn't realize that CWR2 aims at recreating OFP and not realism. You really can't compare the two mods, granted they are similar, they aim to do different things. (CWR2=The joy and nostalgia of playing OFP, P'85=Cold War realism.)

To keep things on topic: I really enjoyed CWR for ArmA I. I never owned OFP, but I used to play it at my friends house all the time... He never understood how to play it, but I did and I loved it. Seeing all the units, missions, and familiar menu screen was really cool to see again after so many years without it. Can't wait for this to come to ArmA II.:)

User ARM2CAT was already punished for flaming in two different threads. Now keep it on topic. ;)

I might destroy certain peoples illusions now but I gotta have to say this:

We're very happy to announce that CWR² and vilas are cooperating now. And I'm sure that everyone can win here. :)

CWR² because with vilas' help we surely make a huge step forward; vilas because we can help him with config and scripting problems and of course the community because it gets the best of two worlds.

The fighting, bitching and moaning from the old days are history. It has been fun (or even not) while the two Mods were developed for ArmA1, now we're looking forward to something better.

And don't worry, you will still see vilas' addons released independently - we have not sucked him in completely (just until the hips). :D

Our final plan for CWR² looks like this:

CWR² will (once again) recreate OFP as close as possible, which means there will be all the "weird" stuff that was present back then.

CWR² Pro contains more realistic units, vehicles, weapons and ammo. CWR² Pro will also contain additional vehicles and units.

However, the tanks and units for example will be the same in both CWR², just the config values, gear loadout is different.

CWR² Pro will be either included in the initial CWR² release or shortly after. In the editor you can then choose between CWR² and CWR² Pro groups. The original campaigns and missions will include only the "basic" CWR² units.

Eventually we release the Mod in small pieces, e.g. islands will be released once ready rather than holding them back until the whole Mod has been finished. However no final decision has made here, so you'll find out I guess. ;)

And to make this clear: Both CWR² and CWR² Pro will be free for everyone, you don't have to pay or something for CWR² Pro.

BTW, we still need people in certain areas. Check the first post please and see if you got the needed talent/knowledge or know someone who has them and wants to help out.

Thats great to hear! Vilas did a good job in the past, and its a good step foward.

Waiting for CWR..... some Screens would be cool.... so i can write some News on our HP.

Regards Culti

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/scr/cg84.jpg

Carl Gustav M2 with new texture and specular (metallic)

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/scr/rpotoday2.jpg

RPO-A which was AT-4 role in OFP

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/scr/nrak2.jpg

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/scr/nrak.jpg

AK-47

this was done in secret, but now secret was shown :)

some people will get stroke :D

Edited by vilas

That's a f.cking great new ! :yay:

Best wishes for the work everybody :)

That's great news guys. So I get to play realistic nostalgia :). About a month ago I played CWR for A1 and I just had to turn the campaigns all over again. It was that great. Only thing that killed the spirit a bit was, just like vilas said, that M60 and few other things.

I hope to see this soon, keep up the good work.

Oh by the way... maybe you guys shouldn't use weapon sounds from OFP this time.

Great news.

To be honest though, I see no point in making two versions. I don't think CWR will lose anything by taking the more realistic approach of ArmA 2 and making the weapons like the Carl Gustov work like the real ones.

I feel that it is a waste of time and effort to bring back the oddities of the original OFP. The difference in gameplay is not enough to break missions or bring a major change to balance. And I think just about everybody will go for "CWR Pro" if you make two versions.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it. Especially the Resistance campaign :)

@Maddmatt - CWR wants OFP missions to act/behave like it used in orginal OFP and be sure that all would end/play like it was in OFP (OFP remake)

if you will change something, it won't work

look at examples:

- soldier with not-guided weapon may miss tank , although US Army had than as i remember Dragon launcher

- soldier of USSR won't have strong AT weapon (only RPG7 VL)

- soldier with silenced MP5 would not kill enemies at 200 meters (nonsense of OFP)

- crewman with smg M3 or AKS74U won't hit anyone above 100 and 200 meters

- M1 Abrams platoon would be smashed by single T80 (than US mostly used HEATs probably and would be very surprised with ERA tanks , and soldier with LAW also would be surprised after fired his LAW)

more things like that would cause other ending of every mission

you have Project 85 addons if you want realism ;)

@Maddmatt - CWR wants OFP missions to act/behave like it used in orginal OFP and be sure that all would end/play like it was in OFP (OFP remake)...

Ok, looks like the difference it would make is bigger than I thought :o