Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² Discussion

Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?

• Yes, please add the ability to provide first aid and drag wounded
    • No, please keep it as the original, without the First Aid module and only medics can heal

@Taffy: looks like it's mountain region between Chapoi and La Pessagne. A proof from original A:CWA below...

malden00.th.jpg

I think it's the mountain foothills in sector Echo Five, or thereabouts... looking South...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Ah yes I know the area you mean, thanks. The image Inlesco posted really shows off the advances this mod is bringing to OFP. Just wish my rig could handle that kind of view distance!

hello!My first post in forym)

I download demo # 3 today. Thank you for great modification!

I have nostalgia for 200* years!!

i found bug in su-25:

31c50c54962139fefb86c38b69a86a6a.jpg

7aa24ae23a9ef7772064d7de6def6663.jpg

and Easter Eggs:

b3278c9dc4a23d2d480a2fab569afed5.jpg

merry christmas theme))

Qustion: what release mod full??)))

i think mod in finishing line))

Well, if I recall the mod will be finished 'When it's done'. Not to sound like an ass xD But that's what it's been in the past pages. Hehe

hello!My first post in forym)

I download demo # 3 today. Thank you for great modification!

I have nostalgia for 200* years!!

i found bug in su-25:

[imghttp://imglink.ru/thumbnails/25-12-11/31c50c54962139fefb86c38b69a86a6a.jpg[/img]

[imghttp://imglink.ru/thumbnails/25-12-11/7aa24ae23a9ef7772064d7de6def6663.jpg[/img]

and Easter Eggs:

[imghttp://imglink.ru/thumbnails/25-12-11/b3278c9dc4a23d2d480a2fab569afed5.jpg[/img]

merry christmas theme))

Qustion: what release mod full??)))

i think mod in finishing line))

Nice repro shots. Thanks for the report! If you could do us a solid and make a bug on our cbt (in my sig), we would be quite grateful.

SigintArma is quite correct. We still have some things to develop from the ground up, and how long that takes depends on several factors that can't really be predicted. We have done quite a lot, though!

You can discuss our latest release here.

It's been a very long time since last update, and alot of anticipation from my side. Any news on how far development has gone?

Is it possible to wish that it will be released before ARMAIII?

Oh, and I forgot to mention: I love you guys ;) Sorry for nagging.

Maybe it will be released before ArmA3, maybe not.

After all, even with ArmA3 released you still can play ArmA2. It's not that it is unplayable then. ;)

Maybe it will be released before ArmA3, maybe not.

After all, even with ArmA3 released you still can play ArmA2. It's not that it is unplayable then. ;)

Of course not W0lle!

There is nothing thats going to get in my way of playing CWR2 ;)

All I wanted was a status update, If I am not 100% uncorrect, it's been quite a while since the first post have been updated. Just curious, that's all.

If there was a way for me to help you guys out, I would gladly do it, but the only "advanced" stuff I do in Arma is scripting, and I am very, very new to the scene. What I will do, however, is to do whatever I can to advertice the mod for you guys when it has been released. That much I promise you!

I guess you can sort of divine our progress from our latest release. In terms of actual percentages, that task is a bit laborious and vague in itself. I think much of the progress since the demo has been in the missions and configs area.

ArmA2_31.JPG

Some little media courtesy of Parvus. :)

@aLmAnZo

Percentage of progress is actually indeed relative. A model might be 99% done but that 1% requires some action from a person who either disappeared or has only very limited time. So that 1% to completion can take months.

As you can see from the progress list, there's a lot of civilian stuff that needs to be improved. Mainly texture and modelling work. And with Max currently being the only skilled modeller/texturer we only can make very small steps.

I am very happy to get a response, and I really, really don't want to come off as ungreatfull. The reason for this is simple, my anticipation for this mod easily exceeds any game or any release for years in the future. What you are doing is, from my point of view, among the best work done in the industry.

Your products exeeds 90% of what the marked has to offer quality wize. I wish the whole industry was more like you guys.

@W0lle will we see the Mini? Im only asking as i own a classic Mini and would love to see one in game :)

If you have some time and the right mood you may improve those Trabants eg getting the right Trabant engine sound, tyres should be full black and limit those tyres with white liner + wheel cap to special VIP variant. If you have still fun with those vehicles you could make a Rally variant (incl. nametags on doors/windows) or a supertuned Bro-version Just some ideas before you get bored with usual stuff and whip cracking... ;)

The engine sound for the trabant is the closest thing I could really get. The idle sound uses a sample of a trabant idling and the driving sound is the sound of a 2 stroke engine from A2. It seemed fairly close to the videos I have seen. If someone wishes to donate better sounds, I would not turn them down.

I don't think the textures will change, though. I've spent too much on that piece of sh*t as it is. Besides, I like the white-walls with the babymoon hubcaps.

I think if you look closely, the tyres are actually bridgestone tyres ^_^. I guess the people of those islands have commercial access to all season radial tyres to help with their island climate.

edit: I actually don't remember if I changed the sounds and the anims of the passengers and stuff like that before or after demo 3. Does the trabant sound like a motorbike when you're driving, or does it sound like a really ill-fitting loop of a trabant idling?

Well the Trabant has a very distinct sound and people would know (or smell) this car from certain distance. Starting the engine ingame doesn't sound at all like starting the Trabant otherwise it sounds like an ill-fitting loop. It seems that there are no good records to use (too much talk, music, noise etc). Maybe one with max acceleration:

? Btw had a good laugh that CWR2 womans don't like to drive a Trabant or even get in as passenger :)

It's very nice of you to consider going through trabant audio sources to find some suitable samples... but ill fitting loop? If you're talking about that tinny sound, that's a recording of the trabant idling. It's the only actual sound of a trabant that we use- as far as I know. We had it in cwr1. And the loop actually loops very well, it's just running like a two stroke engine does when they idle. All sporadic.

The rest of the sounds don't sound so different to me than your video, if I'm honest. There's more whirring in your video and it sounds smoother but I don't really think we can do much better than we have right now.

Thanks and no worries we could say this vehicle is an "Trabant special deLuxe CWR Edition" or "Trabant ENK variant" ;)

Who knows. If someone discovers some better audio, there's no real reason not to use it!

ahhh the days of trying to get the Trabant into the chinook...

nice work :)

Well the Trabant has a very distinct sound and people would know (or smell) this car from certain distance. Starting the engine ingame doesn't sound at all like starting the Trabant otherwise it sounds like an ill-fitting loop. It seems that there are no good records to use (too much talk, music, noise etc).

How about vespacar? Sounds almost the same to me :D

@W0lle will we see the Mini? Im only asking as i own a classic Mini and would love to see one in game :)

Of course there will be a Mini. Though currently it's still the ugly model from OFP with its textures cause we have no one working on it.

Everything that was in original Flashpoint will be in CWR², and hopefully in the same quality as the content released so far.

That mini is another thing entirely. I'm not exactly sure what kind of car it is. I think it might be fictional. It resembles a mini but it has a lot of things that are idiosyncratic.

Speaking of which...

http://www.ofpec.com/COMREF/cfg_images/OFP/Mini.jpg

Let's make this a contest.

Help us solve a mystery that we've been stumped on for years. If anyone can identify this car, or give me other useful information regarding the possible inspirations for this car, we will give you a prize (and our gratitude) :)

Just remember, we're a mod group so we won't be giving out an actual car as a prize or anything like that.

Submissions can be made to this thread, or to my pm inbox. Deadline for submissions is one month from now, on the 5th of April :)

Winner(s) will be selected on the basis of the best submission on the deadline, or, if the actual car exists, at the moment I receive convincing proof of its identity.

Good luck to all of those who choose to participate!

Edited by Max Power

Mifialpha,

Don't know realy, general body shape is definately Mini, then a touch of Fiat in the front and half an Alfa badge. Dash definately isn't Mini either.