View Poll Results: Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?

Voters
46. This poll is closed
  • Yes, please add the ability to provide first aid and drag wounded

23 50.00%
  • No, please keep it as the original, without the First Aid module and only medics can heal

23 50.00%
Page 95 of 131 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Cold War Rearmed² Discussion

The engine sound for the trabant is the closest thing I could really get. The idle sound uses a sample of a trabant idling and the driving sound is the sound of a 2 stroke engine from A2. It seemed fairly close to the videos I have seen. If someone wishes to donate better sounds, I would not turn them down.

I don't think the textures will change, though. I've spent too much on that piece of sh*t as it is. Besides, I like the white-walls with the babymoon hubcaps.

I think if you look closely, the tyres are actually bridgestone tyres ^_^. I guess the people of those islands have commercial access to all season radial tyres to help with their island climate.

edit: I actually don't remember if I changed the sounds and the anims of the passengers and stuff like that before or after demo 3. Does the trabant sound like a motorbike when you're driving, or does it sound like a really ill-fitting loop of a trabant idling?

My inbox is fill and won't be emptied. If your PM is regarding requests to use my work, unfortunately I choose not to grant such permission. My work is for use with CWR2 only.

Well the Trabant has a very distinct sound and people would know (or smell) this car from certain distance. Starting the engine ingame doesn't sound at all like starting the Trabant otherwise it sounds like an ill-fitting loop. It seems that there are no good records to use (too much talk, music, noise etc). Maybe one with max acceleration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rblI...eature=related ? Btw had a good laugh that CWR2 womans don't like to drive a Trabant or even get in as passenger

It's very nice of you to consider going through trabant audio sources to find some suitable samples... but ill fitting loop? If you're talking about that tinny sound, that's a recording of the trabant idling. It's the only actual sound of a trabant that we use- as far as I know. We had it in cwr1. And the loop actually loops very well, it's just running like a two stroke engine does when they idle. All sporadic.

The rest of the sounds don't sound so different to me than your video, if I'm honest. There's more whirring in your video and it sounds smoother but I don't really think we can do much better than we have right now.

Thanks and no worries we could say this vehicle is an "Trabant special deLuxe CWR Edition" or "Trabant ENK variant"

Who knows. If someone discovers some better audio, there's no real reason not to use it!

ahhh the days of trying to get the Trabant into the chinook...

nice work
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Slatts_modding
    PhotoBucket album: http://s296.beta.photobucket.com/use...o-man/library/

Slatts & HydroPump - Brothers in ArmA since 2002

Quote Originally Posted by NoRailgunner View Post
    Well the Trabant has a very distinct sound and people would know (or smell) this car from certain distance. Starting the engine ingame doesn't sound at all like starting the Trabant otherwise it sounds like an ill-fitting loop. It seems that there are no good records to use (too much talk, music, noise etc).
    How about vespacar? Sounds almost the same to me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP1iKYS9ca0

REALISM! No, fuck that, FIRE THE LASER!

Suspended Member
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by R0adki11 View Post
    @W0lle will we see the Mini? Im only asking as i own a classic Mini and would love to see one in game
    Of course there will be a Mini. Though currently it's still the ugly model from OFP with its textures cause we have no one working on it.
    Everything that was in original Flashpoint will be in CWR², and hopefully in the same quality as the content released so far.

That mini is another thing entirely. I'm not exactly sure what kind of car it is. I think it might be fictional. It resembles a mini but it has a lot of things that are idiosyncratic.

Speaking of which...
    http://www.ofpec.com/COMREF/cfg_images/OFP/Mini.jpg

Let's make this a contest.

Help us solve a mystery that we've been stumped on for years. If anyone can identify this car, or give me other useful information regarding the possible inspirations for this car, we will give you a prize (and our gratitude)

Just remember, we're a mod group so we won't be giving out an actual car as a prize or anything like that.

Submissions can be made to this thread, or to my pm inbox. Deadline for submissions is one month from now, on the 5th of April

Winner(s) will be selected on the basis of the best submission on the deadline, or, if the actual car exists, at the moment I receive convincing proof of its identity.

Good luck to all of those who choose to participate!
    Last edited by Max Power; Mar 6 2012 at 00:14.

Mifialpha,

Don't know realy, general body shape is definately Mini, then a touch of Fiat in the front and half an Alfa badge. Dash definately isn't Mini either.

Page 95 of 131 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast