Sign in to follow this  
Meelobee

Multiplay - Lag issue's

So I've got Arma2 a couple of weeks ago but I almost haven't been able to play a normal lag-free game. Most of the servers (I play HOLD) get horrible lag (players appear stuck on one spot) for 2-5 mins at a time. Usually it gets worse when someone with high ping enters the server.

I know it is not my connection, every other game I play (pc & ps3) work fine.

Is there any news if BIF is going to fix the horrible lag issue's on the multiplay servers?

The only way to play lag free on the multiplay servers is to find a server with nobody on it. ;). Kind of defeats the purpose though doesnt it LMAO.

Yesterday morning I had 10 percent of servers showing, last night and this morning about 50 percent of servers showing, tonight I have none. I click on multiplay and it sticks for about a minute on receiving, then goes to the server list and sticks again for a minute, then if I press refresh it sticks again.

I can't play single player because of the poor frame rates and now it looks like I can't play multiplay either.

WAY TO GO BIS.

Agreed, if you think about it a multiplay server with 50 plus people playing is alot for the system and server, however it does tend to come down to individual hardware and performance along with server quality ..

Intel core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.0 Ghz

BFG Tech GTX 285 OC to core 678MHz. . mem 1249MHz

Asus P5N-D 750i

4 GB Corsair DDR2 XMS 800

EZ COOL 700W psu

Maxtor HDD

Windows Vista 64bit

ARMA 2 MARK 3000.12

with high and med settings

Edited by tankkiller01

The only way to play lag free on the multiplay servers is to find a server with nobody on it. ;). Kind of defeats the purpose though doesnt it LMAO.

Yesterday morning I had 10 percent of servers showing, last night and this morning about 50 percent of servers showing, tonight I have none. I click on multiplay and it sticks for about a minute on receiving, then goes to the server list and sticks again for a minute, then if I press refresh it sticks again.

I can't play single player because of the poor frame rates and now it looks like I can't play multiplay either.

WAY TO GO BIS.

i believe its a Gamespy issue. if you know the IP of a server you like use it.

Thanks kklownboy, I will have to start jotting down the ip addressess.

Meelobee, I tend to go for the servers that are creating so I can pick my own map and play on the server by myself or with a couple of mates because as I said there tends to be no lag when there are only a few people on. I can't play the single player campaign because of the 2 - 3 FPS I get, so the multiplay servers are my single player game.

HTH

Well doesn't that beat the whole purpose of a full on war game? I don't want to play with a couple of mates, I want huge (50-100) player battles.

It looks like there are some major issue's with the network code in this game. I've played alot of other online games and no other game got so laggy when a high ping player joined the game. So that's something BIS could look into and maybe fix.