Sign in to follow this  
Barso

What is the ideal view distance?

What is the ideal view distance to play the game properly but also give the best performance?

I understand that the max view distance is ideal but not feasible at the moment but to little view distance can make a game like this ridiculous as it's hardly CQB.

A few people I play with like 3000, but it depends what you're doing. 1500 seems OK for town assaults. It's down to your system specs though really.

How do they play at 3000?

I have a core i7, 6GB RAM and a GTX295 and I am struggling with a view distance over 2400!!!!

In town battles around 500 is enough...

Out of it 1500 does the trick...

If you're using planes or helos... 3000 is the minimum.... situational awareness demands it.

I used to play with 2500... right now I'm using 2000.

I think mine is set at 3600

Q6700 @ 3.30ghz

2gb ddr2

gtx 275 @ stock speeds

I use a 1028 x 768 screen res as that is the max my old TFT monitor can push out (was running 2 of them in dual screen until i stole one to use at work lol)

I have a core i7, 6GB RAM and a GTX295 and I am struggling with a view distance over 2400!!!!

It all depends on what settings people use, resolution and their own personal tolerances. Some people can live with 30fps.

Im running at around 3100-ish with AA on high, a mix of high & normal graphics settings, 1260 x 1040 resolution & video memory set to very high & my PC is a lower spec than yours!The game runs well too in all areas,including urban! The only slowdown ive noticed with the 1.03 patch (was worse before that) is on a couple of user made single missions that have had really huge complex battles going on (devils peak being the worse as it CTD when I play it)

AMD athon 64 x2 6000 @ 3.0Ghz

Nvidia 8800GTX

2GB Ram

I have stopped playing with the campaign and I now use the armoury and my missions in the scenarios setting.

Because it is not trying to replicate a full on war, I find myself able to play at great FPS's.

Hopefully a year later when I upgrade to the new 300 videocards and a few patches I will be able to go back and complete the campaign.

I think my main problem could be trying to play at 1920x1200 resolution.

I should lower that down.

I think my main problem could be trying to play at 1920x1200 resolution.

I should lower that down.

Yeah try doing that, should help you a lot I think!! :)

I suppose trying to run this at 1920x1200 is being to optimistic.

I should setup my PC on my panasonic HDTV for some gaming goodness.

I have meaning to do it but I use a coolermaster cosmos s case and that thing is HUGE.

But how BI could get this game to work on the xbox 360 is anyone's guess.

Without the mod community it would not be worthwhile.

I should setup my PC on my panasonic HDTV for some gaming goodness.

I have meaning to do it but I use a coolermaster cosmos s case and that thing is HUGE.

But how BI could get this game to work on the xbox 360 is anyone's guess.

Without the mod community it would not be worthwhile.

NVDA has a center scale option for displays, so you can reduce your rez with out much "lack of native blur"

It all depends on what settings people use, resolution and their own personal tolerances. Some people can live with 30fps.

Some people have to live with 20s....

:(

NVDA has a center scale option for displays, so you can reduce your rez with out much "lack of native blur"

Please explain? Sounds intriguing.

Don't think so, but as others said it's all up to your liking and what you accept.

I have an i7 920 @ 3.5GHz + 4890 1GB @870/1050 (stock OC, but sometimes I also test 900/1100 or a little more), 6GB @~1750, normal HDDs (no SSD). With that I run at a resolution of 2048x1152 with most settings on high, terrain normal, shadows very high, AF high, AA low, post process low and a view distance of 2500-3000.

In rare cases I might get a real stutter, but overall it is very playable to me. Sure, my ArmA2-Mark score is just ~4400, but what do I care if it is playable to me... :rolleyes:

Edited by WhoCares