Sign in to follow this  
xsdmx

Laptop Synaptics Virtual Scroll Wheel

I've got an actual computer for playing games, but, I decided to fire up ArmA 2 to see if my new laptop could handle it, and it runs it amazingly on low settings (C2D 2.5, 4GB, ATI 4570).

I might leave it on here so my brother and I can lan a CO-OP mission from time to time, but I've got one problem:

Outside of the game, I've got no problem scrolling around on any page, document, or program, however in ArmA 2, I can't use my touchpad to scroll, and as a result have no way of using the map, or action menus.

I know I should just get a mouse with a scroll wheel, but the virtual touchpad isn't too bad once one gets adjusted.

Is there anyway to make the laptop scroll wheel work? Or, can I have some other key bound to scroll (arrows, etc.)?

Thank you.

Playing Arma 2 on a laptop is bad enough.............................but using the touchpad to play it?

I really don't know what to say to that.

I have a desktop I use mainly for gaming (i7 / GTX 275), but the game runs decently on my laptop.

And as for the touchpad, once you get use to it, it's suprising playable. My laptop goes on my lap, and I've got no room for a mouse.

I don't see what the problem is - so what if someone is running a game on a mobile computer and is using a touchpad? The game should still work.