Sign in to follow this  
rellikki

Bad sound quality in recorded video

When I record video using Fraps v.2.9.4 in multiplayer, the sound quality of the recorded videos seem to be very bad. I first thought it was the perfomance, that Fraps records with worse sound quality to keep the perfomance of the current game balanced or something, because when I tested it in mission editor, the sound in the recorded video seemed to be fine. Obviosly the perfomance is better in an empty island than in a fully scripted mission... However, I don't think that's the case.

We had a coop game with my friend where the problem still occured, but once he left the server and I stayed in there to play the exact same mission while still recording video, the sound quality was then fine in the recorded video. What's that about? :eek:

The bad sound quality is only in the video, not in game itself. And the problem only occurs in ARMA 2. We've tried muting and disabling the mics and VON which doesn't seem to help either. Any other ideas?

I'm using Realtek High Definition Audio sound card and ARMA 2 Public Beta build 58834.